Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was gonna write something but Malkay has already said it 🙂 plus I like Brentford cos I used to work with Rico Henry’s mom.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
      I'm usually keen on having some guys in the championship but saman isnt one of them he is definitely a level above it. he belongs in a top 3-4 league!
      Eeen. This is a lateral move for Ghoddos at best... If anything this is a downgrade... French Ligue 1 is a solid league and Amiens look hungry this year. Brentford is not a bad team but for a guy like Ghoddos I'm not a huge fan of the move.

Comment

Yeah, I don't mean to gush about the club but they might well be the best run club in English football right now. A friend of mine is a fan and let's just say they've come a very long way as a football club since their current owner came in when they were near the bottom of the football league (2 divisions below).

Their owner and directors of football are no fools. As I said above their transfer business in the past 4 or 5 seasons is second to none in the football league in terms of getting young players into the premier league. The owner also owns a betting company, so when he took over the club he began using statistical modelling alongside traditional scouting to sign players. They also look into the character of the players they sign, fully exploring their personalities. They don't sign players who will upset the character of the team, no matter how good they are, and have even let go of promising prospects due to disciplinary issues. They are unorthodox for an English team in that they have a "coach" rather than a "manager" (ie the coach doesn't have autonomy on the players that are signed but he does have some input).

I could go on but let's see if he signs there first. It would be a very positive move for Ghoddos. He fits with their style. Go on youtube and watch clips of Maupay (the striker they just sold), they're pretty similar players.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
          Was gonna write something but Malkay has already said it 🙂 plus I like Brentford cos I used to work with Rico Henry’s mom.
          I hear Rico Henry is about to go to Celtic

Comment

Why? Brentford have an excellent record of signing players, allowing them to flourish then selling them for big fees.
            Could be a stepping stone to a big club.

Comment

Originally posted by Malkay View Post
              Yeah, I don't mean to gush about the club but they might well be the best run club in English football right now. A friend of mine is a fan and let's just say they've come a very long way as a football club since their current owner came in when they were near the bottom of the football league (2 divisions below).

Their owner and directors of football are no fools. As I said above their transfer business in the past 4 or 5 seasons is second to none in the football league in terms of getting young players into the premier league. The owner also owns a betting company, so when he took over the club he began using statistical modelling alongside traditional scouting to sign players. They also look into the character of the players they sign, fully exploring their personalities. They don't sign players who will upset the character of the team, no matter how good they are, and have even let go of promising prospects due to disciplinary issues. They are unorthodox for an English team in that they have a "coach" rather than a "manager" (ie the coach doesn't have autonomy on the players that are signed but he does have some input).

I could go on but let's see if he signs there first. It would be a very positive move for Ghoddos. He fits with their style. Go on youtube and watch clips of Maupay (the striker they just sold), they're pretty similar players.
              Agree with everything you have said.
              You have excellent knowledge of Brentford and how they operate.
              Also Amiens have a new manager, one who seems to be concentrating on fast counter-attacking football and pace in attack.
              Not sure Ghoddos was central to his plans.

Comment

Originally posted by daryl1985 View Post
                Why? Brentford have an excellent record of signing players, allowing them to flourish then selling them for big fees.
                Could be a stepping stone to a big club.
                Wasn't what we said about ligue1 last year?

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                  Wasn't what we said about ligue1 last year?
                  In all fairness he has had injuries and has not had a proper run of games at Amiens.

If he has a good season at Amiens he will get a big move.

Comment

Even though Ligue 1 isn't that strong its better than the championship. Playing against PSG, Marseille, Lyon, Monaco, etc twice a year beats playing against Preston, Blackburn, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Dortmund View Post
                      Even though Ligue 1 isn't that strong its better than the championship. Playing against PSG, Marseille, Lyon, Monaco, etc twice a year beats playing against Preston, Blackburn, etc.
                      Theres always chance of playing Premier League teams in the FA cup and the championship is the best 2nd tier league in the world. He won’t have shortage of competition

Comment

I feel like Ligue 1 was a poor move on Saman’s part. It’s pretty difficult to move up from there, at least in England, he has better chances of being noticed by a bigger club. I’m not stoked if this happens. But I won’t be upset either

Comment

If I remember correctly Saman was pretty much screwed over by the criminal Ostersunds chairman and I think rushed in to the move to Amiens, the whole debacle in Spain etc , don’t think it was his fault.

Now my French isn’t as good as it used to be but I think Amiens want 12 mil for him and Brentford have offered 9.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Ternisien...744837633?s=19

Comment

Originally posted by Malkay View Post
                            I hear Rico Henry is about to go to Celtic
                            He’s a lovely lad, down to earth, not like a modern day footballer at all. His family keep him grounded, he had a lot to do with Cyrille Regis before he passed away, bless his soul.
                            Was amazing at Walsall, broke his way into the England youth set up and was called the next Ashley Cole but injuries have really hampered his career which is a shame because he is a big talent.

Comment

https://mobile.twitter.com/ChrisMcHa...023056384?s=19

Comment

There's a very large Iranian community in Ealing which is next to Brentford.

Comment

Working...
                                X