Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Östersunds prepares for a TAS ruling in favor of SD Huesca in the Ghoddos Case

The Swedish club has reserved a million euros to face the possible compensation.

Östersunds begins to prepare for a possible failure of the TAS that will give reason to SD Huesca in the Ghoddos Case. The Swedish club, as published in the media in your country, has reserved a million euros in its budgets to face the financial penalty and has also fired one of its technicians responsible for transfers in anticipation of not being allowed to do hiring during two market windows. "The probability that we will be sanctioned by the TAS is very high," manager Leif Widgren told Östersunds-Posten.

The SD Huesca, the Östersunds, the footballer Shaman Ghoddos, protagonist of the litigation, and Amiens, where he has been a militant for the last two seasons, appeared on May 25 before the TAS through a telematic hearing after the initial sentence was appealed by FIFA, issued in August last year. In it, the Iranian international, and the Scandinavian entity as subsidiary responsible , were condemned to indemnify Huesca with four million euros, the player was disqualified for four months, and the Östersunds were prohibited from signing contracts during two windows. The deadline for the highest international sports justice body to make a decision, which will now be final, was three months, although the resolution was not expected to be communicated before the end of July anyway.

The case dates back to August 2018 when SD Huesca sought the hiring of the attacker for what was to be his debut in the First Division. Ghoddos came to appear in the capital of Huesca, passed medical examinations and captured his signature in the documents that linked him to the Barça club. However, he later returned to Sweden and ended up calling at Amiens.

Among the weighty evidence provided by the Alto Aragonese entity are the contract that the footballer signed and the emails that the CEO, Josete Ortas, exchanged with Daniel Kindberg, then leader of the Östersunds and who has been convicted of financial crimes, trying the details of the operation. On the other hand, Ghoddos has been changing its version. If during his statement to FIFA he assured that his intention had been to sign for Huesca, before TAS he maintained that he felt pressured."

https://www.heraldo.es/noticias/depo...s-1388009.html

Comment

Brentford, that tried to sign Ghoddos last summer, are one win away from promotion...

Comment

"Huesca trusts that in August the “Ghoddos case” will be finally resolved

The CEO of SD Huesca, Manolo Torres, has analyzed the current situation of the club where steps continue to be taken in shaping the squad for next season, but without specifying anything else. Among the issues that the entity has on the table is the "Ghoddos case" where it is expected that in this month of August the Court of Arbitration for Sport will ratify the decision published by FIFA and which gives the Barça reason with a compensation of 4 million euros."

https://www.radiohuesca.com/deportes...20-142590.html

Comment

^damn.. whatta nightmare ...!! poor guy..!
          as far as im concerned either Ostersunds or Amiens need to fork over any and all fines associated with that clusterfuk of a transfer..!! because the ultimate beneficiaries were those two parties..!
          off course if Saman doesnt wise up and doesnt lawyer up a pro, he'd likely be the one who'd end up holding the bag...!!?

best possible outcome would be if Huesca convince Amiens/Oster? to forgo all rights to the player in leu of dropping all charges against them and Saman goes to his favorite La Liga team as a free transfer..!!

Comment

Originally posted by tmfan View Post
            Brentford, that tried to sign Ghoddos last summer, are one win away from promotion...
            He would've been perfect for them... They have several players such as Benrahma that are linked to bigger clubs..
            If any get sold, then he would be perfect for them. They're also moving into a nice brand new stadium next year too.

Comment

Amiens is losing all of its friendlies against Ligue2 sides!

Comment

saman is out of shape and form. Bizarre bc when he came back from suspension he was in great shape and immeidately providing assists, goals, MOTM performance vs marseille.

In current situation Gholizadeh looks like the best player we have to play CAM. he is defensively and physically much superior to saman, and is in great form.

ARJ/Saman have both bad situations. Whoever manages to fix their form/team situation between now and crucial qualifying matches should start as RW imo. If both are still fucked up mehrdad mohammadi is ready.

Comment

Recent interview w/ Saman by Swedish media:

"After the heavy season - Ghoddos open for club change: "If something good comes, I agree with it"

Suspended for four months, the league ended prematurely and relegation.

After a difficult year in Amiens, Saman Ghoddos opens for a club change.

- If something good and interesting comes along, I will help move, he says to Fotbollskanalen.

Last season, Saman Ghoddos has described it as a year he would rather forget . The striker was suspended for four months in a tangle two years ago where Huesca claimed he had signed a contract, but Ghoddos ended up in Amiens. The Spanish club was then acquitted by Fifa in the case and, in addition to the suspension, Fifa also decided that Ghoddos, in solidarity with ÖFK, would pay 40 million in fines to Huesca . Both ÖFK and Ghoddos appealed to the sports arbitration court, Cas. They have not yet been announced there.

Ghoddos made a comeback in February this year, but then he was injured immediately. In February, the 26-year-old was back on the pitch again and he netted against Marseille on March 6. Then it was finished playing.

The Corona pandemic put football on hold, Ligue 1 chose to cancel the season and Amiens, after several rounds back and forth , was relegated to second division Ligue 2.

- It was the second league after many turns back and forth. It has been very strange, I can not even put my finger on how strange everything has been, but now we are in Ligue 2 and then we can only take it from here, Ghoddos says to Fotbollskanalen.

Have you come to terms with the idea of ​​playing in the second division?
                  - Of course you want to play in the best leagues in the best teams, but I was suspended almost the entire season and then it was corona, so I have not been able to show myself from my best side. When I came back from suspension and injury, I scored against Marseille and then it felt really good. Then came this virus completely untimely. Of course, I'm not happy with being in Ligue 2, but I've accepted it. If something comes better and the club is willing to sell me so yes, then you start from that. But right now I am one hundred percent available to my team and I will do everything to be able to help the team in my way.

At the same time, it is not certain that Ghoddos will remain in his current club. He is no stranger to a club change.

- Absolutely not. I have been here for almost two years, so if something good comes and interesting, I agree to move.

Has something interesting turned up?
                  - Nothing that is better than what I already have. You choose the best for me, what you deserve and what I think I deserve. But not right now. At the same time, the transfer window will be open for quite some time, from August to October, so for me it is no stress. It can happen at the beginning of the window or it can happen at the end. I will not make a hasty decision just because we are in Ligue 2.

Where is the interest from?
                  - To be completely honest, I have no idea. I read what is written in the media. My agents are the ones working on this. I do not know much about it.

In early July, the Turkish newspaper Fanatik stated that Besiktas was negotiating a transition around Ghoddos . He himself does not keep a close eye on the interest, but admits that it has been flattering to read about it.

- You find out a little (interest) from the agents and what is in the media, of course. You get happy when there are teams like Besiktas that it should be interested in, but for me to really be happy, I want something concrete.

The striker has been pre-season training with Amiens for a little more than a month now and the club has set a goal for the coming season, which starts on August 22, and that is to get back to the first division.

- The club has stated that they want revenge, because they do not think they have been treated fairly and I agree to one hundred percent. That's absolutely not fair. The club's philosophy right now is to take revenge, you have to get up immediately.

What is the tone of the club in view of all that has been?
                  - It is quite positive, you think you can get up again and take this revenge. There are many young, hungry players on the team who want to show off their best side. At the same time, there are many very many good players who, unfortunately, have stopped (here) as well. But with the young, hungry players we have and with some new players, you can really take this revenge you are talking about.

In the team, he has also been given Swedish company again. Jack Lahne, 18, was loaned to Örebro SK in the spring, but at the turn of the month July / August, the talent returned to the French club. Ghoddos thinks that Lahne looks to be in good shape.

- He looks fit and I think the Allsvenskan sojourn this year did something really good for him.

He's a little younger than you, do you take care of him?
                  - I see him as my little brother, I get to drive and leave him at training every day. He's a very nice guy and I have to take him under my wings so he does not fool around too much.

At the same time as Ghoddos is preparing for the coming season, the fine of SEK 40 million is still a cloud of unrest over him. The case has already been up in Cas, but ÖFK and Ghoddos are still being held on their heels about what the decision will be.

- We are waiting for the decision right now. It's just wait.

How are you doing today considering the fines that are currently on you?
                  - It is of course difficult with the fine that is over your head. But I think the worst thing is that you were not allowed to play a match for four months, that you took away from someone something that you love so much. Money will always come and go, for me it does not matter. I know that it is far too high a fine that I am absolutely not even close to being able to pay. But the worst thing was the four-month suspension. The most important thing for me is to play football and do what I love."

https://www.fotbollskanalen.se/frans...t-bra-ar-jag-/

Comment

at least he is clearly ready to go if any offer comes in. I think closer to end of window as teams are missing out on top targets then somebody of saman's profile will be much more attractive at cut price move.

Comment

Yep
                      Barring a last minute Panic buy, I doubt he’d be going anywhere too..!?
                      Considering the hefty fee Amiens paid for him & their quest for immediate promotion, not so sure they’re gonna be too willing to take a huge loss on his departure either, further making it unlikely ..!?

Let’s hope he doesn’t get shafted with that $4 mil fine too, cause that could mean the end of his pro career ..!?

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                        Yep
                        Considering the hefty fee Amiens paid for him & their quest for immediate promotion, not so sure they’re gonna be too willing to take a huge loss on his departure either, further making it unlikely ..!?

Let’s hope he doesn’t get shafted with that $4 mil fine too, cause that could mean the end of his pro career ..!?
                        even if it happens they will work something out with fifa/CAS. He cant pay money he doesnt have.

I actually think amiens would like to sell him. His current wage just doesnt fit their ligue 2 status and he is still a saleable asset. Remember french clubs were hit harder. than anybody else by covid, and teams like amiens are struggling to even stay above water.

My bet would be turkey where clubs usually act late in window. Besiktas do need an attacking mid/winger for cheap (couldnt pay 5-6 million for their brugge loanee to sign permanently).

midtable ligue 1/brentford if they reginite interest also still a possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                          Yep

I don't think any club is going to take a chance on him until there is some clarity about his $4 mil fine which he obviously doesn't have.

Comment

His agents are barely literate - I wouldn’t expect much.

Comment

Time to close this thread and open a new one for him?

Comment

Can Saman be an effective TM player if he is under so much stress?
                                .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

Comment

Working...
                                X