Iran vs South Korea (RATING) - Page 2

View Poll Results: Iran vs South Korea

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very Satisfied

    10 17.24%
  • Somewhat Satisfied

    29 50.00%
  • Neither Satisfied Nor Dissatisfied

    14 24.14%
  • Somewhat Dissatisfied

    3 5.17%
  • Very Dissatisfied

    2 3.45%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Iran vs South Korea (RATING)

  1. #11
    General Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Bladsville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    89
    Thanks
    124
    Thanked 89 Times in 45 Posts
    Rep Power
    859015


    Meet your Persian Love Today
    Quote Originally Posted by TM4LIFE View Post
    There were two absolutely world class players on the pitch today, one of them was Son and the other was Beiranvand I mean how many more times does this guy have to prove himself to be on another level? Incredible stuff.
    As much as I hate to admit it, I used to think that Son was getting special treatment because he wasnt coming from one of the "Axis of Evil" countries. He is much more "Marketable" than any of our players, so thats why he gets to play in a top team like Tottenham. HOWEVER, seeing him burst through this last season in the EPL and CL and how he played today, its obvious that there is no favoritism. He is actually fucking good.

    That being said, considering his background, Beiranvand is in a league of his own. God bless him and thank god he is on our team.

  2. #12
    PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    TM4LIFE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Washington DC
    Posts
    4,214
    Thanks
    1,031
    Thanked 1,371 Times in 538 Posts
    Rep Power
    42949714
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladsville View Post
    As much as I hate to admit it, I used to think that Son was getting special treatment because he wasnt coming from one of the "Axis of Evil" countries. He is much more "Marketable" than any of our players, so thats why he gets to play in a top team like Tottenham. HOWEVER, seeing him burst through this last season in the EPL and CL and how he played today, its obvious that there is no favoritism. He is actually fucking good.

    That being said, considering his background, Beiranvand is in a league of his own. God bless him and thank god he is on our team.
    I was in the same camp as you until this past season in the PL/UCL. He is so well rounded it is incredible. This goal right here made me respect him a ton:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to TM4LIFE For This Useful Post:


  4. #13
    PFDC Valedictorian
    Reputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,104
    Thanks
    2,695
    Thanked 1,499 Times in 729 Posts
    Rep Power
    36124555
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladsville View Post
    I knew this wasnt going to be an easy game. I dont know why so many here thought it was going to be a walk in the park.
    A couple of things I was wondering and maybe someone here has insight on.
    -Before the game, I posted praising Ramin on his "hustle" and how he is always playing deep offense for an RB. However, it seemed as if that was a weakness this time around. The right was literally a gaping hole and the Koreans were definitely capitalizing on that. Would you guys say he is playing his position properly?
    - It looked as if we had NO ONE in the midfield. I know we are playing attacking football now, but it really doesn't help when we cant get the ball to our forwards. Did anyone else notice this or am i delusional.
    All in all, im so glad we tied. Very close game, and MW has a lot of work ahead of him.
    You are not delusional, you are right! We need a creative midfielder who can get the ball to our forwards. Through balls, good dribbling to create space, vision, and all-round playmaking. The positive thing is that we do have players who can do well as CAM, Ghoddos is our best player for that position, he has everything, technique, good passing, dribbling, he's creative, vision and the courage to take on any player! Torabi, Shekari and Rafieie can be decent subs as CAM. We really don't need three defensive midfielders, two is more than enough.

    Note: Maybe Jahanbakhsh and Gholizadeh can also be tested for the CAM position in friendly matches?

  5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sirvan For This Useful Post:


  6. #14
    V.I.P.
    Reputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    KasraKhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    11,476
    Thanks
    1,661
    Thanked 2,362 Times in 763 Posts
    Rep Power
    24864728
    Very interesting to see the dichotomy between Wilmots's approach vs. CQ's approach. Already, two friendly matches in, you can tell TM will play a more open-minded, attacking style. We created a good number of chances today. However, our defense was also exposed and Korea had several good chances. It's a give and take. If you want an attacking approach, you will yield some defensive stoutness to your attacking style. All I know, Wilmots's TM will be much more exciting (and nerve wracking) to watch.

    Since the formation is more open, our players look different. In my opinion, both Ramin and Milad have been completely exposed. Milad continually shows his one-dimensional approach and his limited capabilities. Kind of sad we don't have a viable backup LB option. Hajsafi, anyone?

    At the same time, JB had his two best matches for Iran in the past two games. How good was he today? He was everywhere. Very smart, calculated, dangerous. One level above our outfield players. Really excited to see him flourish under MW. Also, this gives me hope that JB can have a resurrection year under Potter in BHA with a more attacking and open-minded formation.

    All in all, good match. Excited to see TM in the near future. Go MW, go TM, and Zende Bad Iran.

  7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to KasraKhan For This Useful Post:


  8. #15
    PFDC Top Member
    Reputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    3,248
    Thanks
    3,376
    Thanked 1,956 Times in 903 Posts
    Rep Power
    21188579
    Quote Originally Posted by KasraKhan View Post
    Very interesting to see the dichotomy between Wilmots's approach vs. CQ's approach. Already, two friendly matches in, you can tell TM will play a more open-minded, attacking style. We created a good number of chances today. However, our defense was also exposed and Korea had several good chances. It's a give and take. If you want an attacking approach, you will yield some defensive stoutness to your attacking style. All I know, Wilmots's TM will be much more exciting (and nerve wracking) to watch.

    Since the formation is more open, our players look different. In my opinion, both Ramin and Milad have been completely exposed. Milad continually shows his one-dimensional approach and his limited capabilities. Kind of sad we don't have a viable backup LB option. Hajsafi, anyone?

    At the same time, JB had his two best matches for Iran in the past two games. How good was he today? He was everywhere. Very smart, calculated, dangerous. One level above our outfield players. Really excited to see him flourish under MW. Also, this gives me hope that JB can have a resurrection year under Potter in BHA with a more attacking and open-minded formation.

    All in all, good match. Excited to see TM in the near future. Go MW, go TM, and Zende Bad Iran.
    I agree with the first part you wrote, but seriously Hajsafi was absolutely shit this game. pure shit. useless shots from 40 meters ( he did it also in the world cup ) many bad passes, lack of spatial awareness, seriously I think there should be someone else in his place.

    Torabi has no part in being a starter in TM imo after his display today. He's tripping over his own legs, losing balls, getting body checked left and right, no speed/smart play at all.

    overal i'm satisfied, new style of play will need time.

  9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to euphory For This Useful Post:


  10. #16
    General Member
    Reputation

    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    54
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 61 Times in 23 Posts
    Rep Power
    6
    I miss nekounam on the midfield. Specially in combination with andranik

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reza_Abdolahi For This Useful Post:


  12. #17
    General Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Bladsville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    89
    Thanks
    124
    Thanked 89 Times in 45 Posts
    Rep Power
    859015
    Quote Originally Posted by euphory View Post
    He's tripping over his own legs, losing balls, getting body checked left and right,
    Speaking of body checked, did anyone see Son make PAJ his bitch? That was intense.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Bladsville For This Useful Post:


  14. #18
    PFDC Valedictorian
    Reputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,104
    Thanks
    2,695
    Thanked 1,499 Times in 729 Posts
    Rep Power
    36124555
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladsville View Post
    Speaking of body checked, did anyone see Son make PAJ his bitch? That was intense.
    Who's PAJ?

  15. #19
    General Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    31
    Thanks
    1,358
    Thanked 46 Times in 20 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladsville View Post
    Speaking of body checked, did anyone see Son make PAJ his bitch? That was intense.
    I think that was Kanani though

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Babak_Shirazi For This Useful Post:


  17. #20
    General Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Bladsville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    89
    Thanks
    124
    Thanked 89 Times in 45 Posts
    Rep Power
    859015
    Quote Originally Posted by sirvan View Post
    Who's PAJ?
    Pouraliganji
    Quote Originally Posted by Babak_Shirazi View Post
    I think that was Kanani though
    YOU ARE RIGHT!! Holy shit.. watching the game at 6:00AM getting ready for work really fucked me up..

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    @30:50

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Members who have read this thread : 186

You do not have permission to view the list of names.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
[Output: 97.52 Kb. compressed to 88.11 Kb. by saving 9.41 Kb. (9.65%)]