Best Iranian Club Friendly ever to be played?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Iranian Club Friendly ever to be played?

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,039 Times in 2,114 Posts

Best Iranian Club Friendly ever to be played?

Meet your Persian Love Today

Was Perspolis vs Bayern Munich the best Iranian Club Friendly ever to be played? Has there been other club friendlies against other top level teams by Iranian clubs?

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    I remember Esteghlal played Sao Paulo Fc, Nikbakht scored 2 goals if im not mistaken, i think esteghlal won 3-2. It was a long time ago so dont take my word
    Bookmark the PFDC Calendar for TM & WCQ games
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Click on a game to see detailed description including time]
    Villa + Messi =

3. The Following User Says Thank You to shayan_esteghlali For This Useful Post:

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,103 Times in 492 Posts
    That wasnt the real Sao Paulo team it turned out..as i remember

ستايشگر آموزگاری هستم که انديشيدن را
    به من بياموزد و نه انديشه ها را. زرتشت

Super Moderator
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,281 Times in 4,024 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Click View Post
    That wasnt the real Sao Paulo team it turned out..as i remember
    more likely Zereshk Polo.
    CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Adesor Vafaseya For This Useful Post:

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,132 Times in 1,917 Posts
    In my living memory it was Perspolis vs Bayern.

Maybe older members can attest to some of the friendlies in the 1970s. Didnt Pele come to Iran?

شریف حریف نداره
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,120 Times in 5,892 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by perspolis#1 View Post
    In my living memory it was Perspolis vs Bayern.

Maybe older members can attest to some of the friendlies in the 1970s. Didnt Pele come to Iran?
    He did. If I'm not mistaken Santos played Persepolis and Pas.
    Also Bayern Munich came to Iran in the 70s and played either Persepolis or TM. They lost 3-0 and the rumor was the German players were hungover from drinking the night before.
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Iran once played inter Milan in the late 90's. Inter was up by a few goals and we came back to tie the game or maybe even win? 4-4/5-4? Something like that. I never saw it but always heard about it

شریف حریف نداره
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,120 Times in 5,892 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sam20 View Post
    Iran once played inter Milan in the late 90's. Inter was up by a few goals and we came back to tie the game or maybe even win? 4-4/5-4? Something like that. I never saw it but always heard about it
    We beat them 4-1.
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

PFDC Supporter
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,046 Times in 1,549 Posts
    Persepolis played Ac Milan in 2013 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Quote Originally Posted by sam20 View Post
    Iran has played lots of club teams in unofficial games. These are some of them:

Iran vs QPR 2005 (3-0 to QPR) : [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Iran vs Roma 2004 (5-3 to Roma): [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Iran vs Roma 1998 (7-1 to Roma) - this game Ivic tried a few different tactics, whatever happened we were prepared for the WC
    Iran vs Slavia Prague (1-0 to Slavia) [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

A generally U23 Iran also played Man United in 1977 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

A few (but not all), here: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

12. The Following User Says Thank You to DR Strangemoosh For This Useful Post:

PFDC Supporter

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,081 Times in 1,394 Posts
    There were a lot of big club friendlies before the revolution. Against Santos, Arsenal, Bayern etc...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Members who have read this thread : 141

You do not have permission to view the list of names.