Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2019-2020 - Page 9

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 167 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2019-2020

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,021 Times in 1,327 Posts

Meet your Persian Love Today
    Quote Originally Posted by The View Post
    Brighton just had their first day of pre-season training and I can't see Alireza in any of the pictures... Doesn't really show your new manager that you are hungry and dedicated to make it in the club if you don't show up for training sessions...

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Hmm. Maybe he just didn’t make the photo cut. BHA social media has been quiet (understandably) regarding ARJ since his lackluster season.

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Brighton just had their first day of pre-season training and I can't see Alireza in any of the pictures... Doesn't really show your new manager that you are hungry and dedicated to make it in the club if you don't show up for training sessions...

Did he not have a illness thing going on? Maybe it's something more serious than a cold.

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,509 Times in 586 Posts

Why would you assume the worst? Jahanbakhsh has never skipped practice. He's one of the most professional if not most professional Iranian footballer. Please show the guy some respect. Just because he did not live up to expectations one season doesn't mean we should think any less of him or disrespect him. Most likely there is a valid reason he was not in those pictures.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to persian_pooya For This Useful Post:

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,155 Times in 4,248 Posts
    seriously. Maybe they gave him a few extra days off because he had international duty. the way we assume the absolute worst about all of our players is truly a unique and pathetic habit. Show some trust and respect. They are not random guys picked from the street as sympathy signings.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to inarsenewetrust For This Useful Post:

PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,528 Times in 1,406 Posts
    Alireza is my one of, if not my most fav player and I spend a whole season watching his Chris Hughton’s paint-drying football because of Alireza. I know Alireza is a professional, I'm just worried that he might not be taking the threat to his roster seriously and is giving the team 100% instead of 110%. Many other other players are absent from these pics, so it's not like it's a mandatory practice. Just would be nice to see him there since day one, especially considering that last season he joined the team late in the pre-season.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The For This Useful Post:

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,376 Times in 6,417 Posts

He probably has permission and maybe instruction to take a longer vacation. Keep in mind he hasn't had real rest for almost 2 years.

PFDC Valedictorian

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The Realist View Post
    One way to semi get out of trouble of not being able to buy top-players and raise funds is to invest in the Academy football and brew younger players. I guess Brighton doesn’t have that either, anyone?
    I’m guessing Perseus would be the member on here with the best knowledge of their youth academy , not sure if they have anyone highly thought of coming through.

Sorry just wanted to add that Dan Ashworth their Technical Director worked at West Brom before and with England and his programme at West Brom has started to produce some talent. They have youth players wanted by clubs from all over Europe who are out of the early age youth set ups.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Medzdidz For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian

Thanks
    Interesting article on Dan Ashworth if anyone is interested and what he did with the youth set up.

High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Medzdidz View Post
    I’m guessing Perseus would be the member on here with the best knowledge of their youth academy , not sure if they have anyone highly thought of coming through.
    Sorry just wanted to add that Dan Ashworth their Technical Director worked at West Brom before and with England and his programme at West Brom has started to produce some talent. They have youth players wanted by clubs from all over Europe who are out of the early age youth set ups.
    When it comes to academy football, the top six clubs hold an advantage over 18 other clubs (mostly Premier League) but not as much.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

Chelsea seem to have a near monopoly on the FA Youth Cup in recent years (Man U knocked them out last season in a shock result.)

Academy players in the Premier League
    Dunk and March are the two academy players in the BHA team.

BHA are playing catch-up in the academy stakes. BHA do not seem to have any stars of the future coming through for next season, unless you count Alexis MacAllister and Percy Pau (both ineligible for a work permit) or on loan players Jan Mlakar and Tudor Baluta.

High-Ranked Member

Thanks
    Premature, training begins in earnest on Monday (surmise).

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perseus For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 167 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread : 587

You do not have permission to view the list of names.