No announcement yet.

Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure there will be extended highlights tomorrow somewhere.

Comment

Second goal all Jahanbakhsh
      "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend."~Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by ramingeles2000 View Post
        delusional iranian fans. Ali made the wrong play here. He should have passed it to the wide open dude on the left who ended up scoring. instead he just smacked the ball wildly into a defender. and you guys are complaining that the brit commentators didn't give him credit. AJB hasn't impressed in a TM jersey and he hasn't impressed in a Brighton jersey (basically the two most competitive settings he's played in). He's shined only in the goalfest known as the eredivisie. He should go back there and shine and enjoy his footballing days and be part of a positive squad. He's a great kid and deserves it. but let's not pretend like he hasn't gotten his chance at Brighton. BHA as an organization wanted nothing more than for AJB to succeed and it just didn't work out. no need to point fingers. The quality simply isn't there, which is OK because the EPL is the hardest league on earth.
        To be fair, he did win the ball, pressed forward and took a good shot. It wasn’t the wrong play as it led to a goal...it could be argued that he got lucky with the block deflecting straight into Connolly but that was still a direct contribution to the first goal.

Now that Locadia might be leaving and Andone being a red card magnet, this might force Potters hand in reshuffling his tactics and give Ali J a chance to feature in the 18 man squade.

Comment

Originally posted by puddha View Post
          Second goal all Jahanbakhsh
          Lol. He didn't touch the ball once in the highlight of that goal.

Maybe your confusing it with the first goal because of the disallowed goal in the first highlight.

In the first goal he wins the ball back, attacks the right side of the final third, takes a shot which deflects off of a defender and is tapped in by #46

Comment

Originally posted by ramingeles2000 View Post
            delusional iranian fans. Ali made the wrong play here. He should have passed it to the wide open dude on the left who ended up scoring. instead he just smacked the ball wildly into a defender. and you guys are complaining that the brit commentators didn't give him credit. AJB hasn't impressed in a TM jersey and he hasn't impressed in a Brighton jersey (basically the two most competitive settings he's played in). He's shined only in the goalfest known as the eredivisie. He should go back there and shine and enjoy his footballing days and be part of a positive squad. He's a great kid and deserves it. but let's not pretend like he hasn't gotten his chance at Brighton. BHA as an organization wanted nothing more than for AJB to succeed and it just didn't work out. no need to point fingers. The quality simply isn't there, which is OK because the EPL is the hardest league on earth.

Alireza Jahanbakhsh is improving from a low baseline, 7 shots, 5 off target (although the one that caused the goal could have been on-target) and two blocked, which might be good enough for a goal on a good day in the Eredivisie. Much as expected, his stats even in the Dutch League showed lots of inaccurate shots.

Unsure if he is improving quick enough. He might do well in another league. BHA problem is finishing along with at least 14 other clubs in the EPL.

I don't expect Locadia to move anywhere if the signs (via local journos) are to be believed.

Using the match as a test whether Alireza Jahanbakhsh would enhance his claims, I'm afraid it went exactly as expected, unable to prove he was any better than the current strikers at shooting. Also expected was that Steven Alzate MOM would repeat his promising Under 23 performances at a higher level.

Hoffenheim apparently interested in Aaron Connolly.

Comment

Originally posted by Perseus View Post
              Alireza Jahanbakhsh is improving from a low baseline, 7 shots, 5 off target (although the one that caused the goal could have been on-target) and two blocked, which might be good enough for a goal on a good day in the Eredivisie. Much as expected, his stats even in the Dutch League showed lots of inaccurate shots.

Unsure if he is improving quick enough. He might do well in another league. BHA problem is finishing along with at least 14 other clubs in the EPL.

I don't expect Locadia to move anywhere if the signs (via local journos) are to be believed.

Using the match as a test whether Alireza Jahanbakhsh would enhance his claims, I'm afraid it went exactly as expected, unable to prove he was any better than the current strikers at shooting. Also expected was that Steven Alzate MOM would repeat his promising Under 23 performances at a higher level.

Even Ronaldo with his amazing powerful shots will not score a goal or be on target each and every time. I've seen ARJ take some really good shots and successfully so. I don't know why he didn't do better last season, but that could be partly due to the fact of team not being offensive minded enough or was just not a good team overall. ARJ deserved a good transfer, Brighton deserved good results from him, but they failed to bring the best out of him. I think most probably they killed his self-confidence...IMHO.
              "Evil is rare, but ignorance is epidemic"

Comment

I think everyone needs to calm down. Were telling Alireza what to do based on radio commentary and 30 seconds of highlights. Nobody on this forum even saw the match. On the Brighton forum some feedback is coming in from people who were actually at the game and really nothing negative said about him. Its his first competitive game this year and maybe he didn't rip it up but it sounds like he wasn’t a deer in headlights either. Hopefully he is on the bench Saturday cuz I would prefer his first EPL game to not be against City, but it seems like he did no harm today.

Also, if anyone calls that an assist I really question your knowledge of football and your ability to have an unbiased opinion.
                ballast parcham bi boro bargard refigh negaran nabash bikhod to aslan

Comment

Hes just gonna ride out his contract and get paid. Hes probably not gonna give that up for playing time in lower leagues.

Maybe next year he'll push for a move but this year, hes gonna have to count on injuries to get himself back in the line up.

Comment

Judging from the majority of BAH fans on Twitter he gets alot of hate. Haven't even seen one non Iranian defending him. Not sure how much to interpret here but this surely means is not the best environment to build up self confidence. Major transfer windows like e.g. Bundesliga close this week....

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

Comment

Hopefully the PSV deal goes through.

Comment

PSV already bought the Japanese player Doan.

Comment

For those who wants him to stay in BHA, wasn't Ansarifard aka mister 0 goals in Osasuna that had guts to leave Spain for a small greek team and then join Olympiacos?

Comment

https://www.voetbalprimeur.nl/nieuws...in-de-weg.html

Such a shame.. PSV would be the perfect club for him at the moment. He would at least play in Europe and get the appreciation and respect he deserves from the fans. According to this article he wanted to go but Brighton didnt allow him to leave. Really fear they will destroy his tallent and confidence (even more).

Good luck Alireza and stay strong!

Comment

Originally posted by Perseus View Post
                              Brighton doesn't even play with wingers lad. In case you didn't know Jahanbakhsh is a classic winger, his best position is on the right wing where he thrived with AZ.

Shame he didn't move to PSV where he would've been great and i believe he would become topscorer and mister assist again. The Eredivisie still plays with classic wingers which is why it is such a good league for Alireza.

He could not have moved to a worse club for his career, he will not get a chance and even if he did what good can he do as a wingback? Once again money becomes the factor for a player ruining his football career.

I blame his agent Hashemi for abusing the naivety of Jahanbakhsh for his own benefit. I saw him and his beautiful wife at a business lounge at the airport when i was traveling, it was so obvious they are gold diggers just by looking at them.

Comment

I have no doubt ARJ would look a lot better on a more offensive flowing EPL team

Comment

Working...
                                X