• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stats: https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/14...overs-Brighton

Report: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49402996

Comment

It's a self-fulfilling prophecy:

1. ARJ "has not adapted, or is not fitting with the team, or doesn't do well in EPL", etc
      2. Therefore, less playing time for him
      3. Which reduces his confidence, ability to read teammates, etc
      4. And when he does get playing time once in a blue moon, he doesn't do well.
      5. Repeat steps 1-4

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
        It's a self-fulfilling prophecy:
        1. ARJ "has not adapted, or is not fitting with the team, or doesn't do well in EPL", etc
        2. Therefore, less playing time for him
        3. Which reduces his confidence, ability to read teammates, etc
        4. And when he does get playing time once in a blue moon, he doesn't do well.
        5. Repeat steps 1-4
        Alireza has 19 games so far under his belt. 0 goals and 0 assists. He got his chances. He never really performed well enough to stand out from his competition.

Lets stop making excuses for his poor performances.

Comment

Originally posted by pdot View Post
          Alireza has 19 games so far under his belt. 0 goals and 0 assists. He got his chances. He never really performed well enough to stand out from his competition.
          hope he leaves just to end our misery. guy sucks :-(
          Original Ehsan of IK ISP and PFDC from 1999/2000!

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
            With all due respect if you can’t score or assist against a League One team, you’re just a poor forward.
            Truth. Also dutch league is not even on par with a league 1 side...

Sent from my Google device using Tapatalk
            Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

I actually don't agree with the philosophy of never give up. There are situations in life that you just need to take a step that may look like a retreat but it is necessary so that you could regroup, recharge and start over. The plan was for ARJ to shine here for a couple of years so that he could make a bigger move in 2 years when he was going to be 27. After this game and not even making the bench in the first three matches of the league it is now clear that it is highly unlikely that he will have a break out season. Time for ARJ to talk to his agent about a respectable move so that he could have a good reset and move his career forward.

Go ARJ!

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                Truth. Also dutch league is not even on par with a league 1 side...

Sent from my Google device using Tapatalk
                26 games and 0 goals + 0 assists all competitions. These are horrendous stats.

Comment

Originally posted by pdot View Post

Lets stop making excuses for his poor performances.
                  Not an excuse. He worked his ass off in both the Dutch and EPL leagues, yet gets no results at BHA, while the year prior he was the golden boot winner in the Dutch League. It's a classic case of psychology (BHA has really messed with his confidence). He needs to leave.

Comment

These comments smh..

Jahanbakhsh played as a LEFT WINGBACK last season.

Go ahead and show me one world class natural left wingback that scores goals regularly.

Jahanbakhsh is a RIGHT INSIDE FORWARD.

Today was his first game out of 26 games that he started as a right forward and he assisted.

Not only that, most of his games were 15 minutes since he came on as a sub in a defensive tactic.

Some of you and Brighton fans are judging him as if he started every game in his natural position and failed.
                    #BanNoorafkan

Comment

Even a loan to AZ would be good at this time. 3-4 players need to be out injured for him to be even looked at in Brighton

Comment

Various sources on Twitter are suggesting that Locadia is off on loan to Hoffenheim

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                          fking hell
                          he even won the fking ball before taking that shot....

goal was almost 90% his effort...
                          these announcers are fking typical brit assholes
                          delusional iranian fans. Ali made the wrong play here. He should have passed it to the wide open dude on the left who ended up scoring. instead he just smacked the ball wildly into a defender. and you guys are complaining that the brit commentators didn't give him credit. AJB hasn't impressed in a TM jersey and he hasn't impressed in a Brighton jersey (basically the two most competitive settings he's played in). He's shined only in the goalfest known as the eredivisie. He should go back there and shine and enjoy his footballing days and be part of a positive squad. He's a great kid and deserves it. but let's not pretend like he hasn't gotten his chance at Brighton. BHA as an organization wanted nothing more than for AJB to succeed and it just didn't work out. no need to point fingers. The quality simply isn't there, which is OK because the EPL is the hardest league on earth.

Comment

very interesting interview of transfermarkt with him last year where ARJ is also mentioned. he went through the same ish..lots of similarities with arj situation

https://www.transfermarkt.de/brighto...ew/news/323568

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                              Various sources on Twitter are suggesting that Locadia is off on loan to Hoffenheim

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
                              That would be pretty good for Alireza. Guarantees him a spot on the bench until Izquirdo is back.

Comment

You guys can't be on two completely polar ends of the spectrum with regards to your opinion on ARJ. No, he isn't as terrible and low quality as some of you are making him out to be and he would've managed EPL just fine under the right conditions. The quality of the bottom half of the premier league is vastly overexaggerated and is far from the reason why EPL is considered the #1 euro league; that credit goes to the top 6-7 teams ala MC, Chelsea, Man U, Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal. Everything beneath that tier apart from maybe Wolves is at the exact same quality as other mid and lower table teams in Europe.

At the same time I think it is unrealistic to expect Brighton to owe him anything and to expect him to be churning out goals the second he's put in the right spot. Realistically i think that if he were played as the RF in the current system we could expect maybe 5-6 goals and around the same number of assists over the course of the season. I wont bother pulling up his numbers from last season. I watched every single match and i'm amazed even their striker managed to score more than 2 goals all season given the play style.

Comment

Working...
                                X