No announcement yet.

Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My biggest fear for him is that he lost his confidence last year and he is now in a situation where he is going to have to work his way up from the bottom of the pecking order to get back into Potter's plans. He is going to struggle if he only gets 10-15 minute cameos here and there to do it, and this seems likely. I think the cup games are his only hope and he has to absolutely star in those games. If he gets a start on Tuesday he absolutely must perform.

That said, Brighton could very well be punching above their weight and their form could easily take a turn for the worst at any point. He has only been in England for a year and he'll still be only 26 at the end of the season. I give him props for sticking it out and I hope he either gets his chance and takes it, or at least earns a move somewhere else where he can start regularly and possibly get some European football.
    ballast parcham bi boro bargard refigh negaran nabash bikhod to aslan

Comment

Originally posted by tmfan View Post
      I don't know why he is so relaxed when Brighton treat him like garbage.
      He is a professional who, despite dire circumstances, keeps his chin up and remains friendly to his teammates. He is a gentleman and a class act, despite his terrible situation.

Comment

ARJ is a person of character and a person of integrity. He lives by his word. That's why he can laugh and have fun while working hard in a situation that is far less than ideal. He doesn't let circumstances define who he is in this world. He knows that we only have dominion over our word in this endeavor called being human and he stands by his word that is fully reflected in his commitment to be great regardless of circumstances. It makes me proud that we share the same nationality.

Go ARJ!

Comment

ARJ never impressed in TM either… I have not seen one game when he did something speciall in TM....

Comment

Someone posted this on the Brighton forum;

Spoke to him yesterday after the game, he said he is training hard just waiting for his chance. I have seen enough of him to think that he can be vital to the squad. I really want him to succeed here, hopefully when he gets his chance he grabs it with both hands and kicks on.
            Seems a really nice and honest person and down to earth.

Comment

Originally posted by Golefarsi View Post
              ARJ never impressed in TM either… I have not seen one game when he did something speciall in TM....
              Less than 2 months ago: 6/6/19 Friendly vs. Syria, started the goal count for TM's win (5-0) with a goal at 30'

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ocean View Post
                Someone posted this on the Brighton forum;

Spoke to him yesterday after the game, he said he is training hard just waiting for his chance. I have seen enough of him to think that he can be vital to the squad. I really want him to succeed here, hopefully when he gets his chance he grabs it with both hands and kicks on.
                Seems a really nice and honest person and down to earth.
                A record signing isn’t supposed to be ‘waiting for his chance’...

He sounds like some U18 player trying to make the team

Comment

Khashayar jan, please tell us what a record signing who is not on the roster should say? Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                    Less than 2 months ago: 6/6/19 Friendly vs. Syria, started the goal count for TM's win (5-0) with a goal at 30'
                    scoring vs syria or the odd vs jordan and oman isnt that impressive bro. He hasnt given any assists either. A lot of it is due to the defensive nature of TM, but still only his goal vs qatar to seal win at azadi stands out. His performance vs argentina was probably his best.

IT seems he plays with 10kg weights attached to his feet whether its for brighton or TM. The guy is psychologically in a funk when it comes to football and unless he changes clubs and finds his mojo it wont change anytime soon. and definitely wont change by waiting for 15 measly mins once every other month.

Comment

Regardless of his performances, ARJ is a real role.model for all the children. The perfect poster child for all Iranians.
                      "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
                        Khashayar jan, please tell us what a record signing who is not on the roster should say? Thank you.
                        I don’t care what he says or doesn’t say. He said the right thing but he needs to put in the work which I’m 100% sure he is doing. But if he’s still not given playing time he should get the f outta there instead of ‘waiting for his chance’. He is not a youngster who should be fighting for a spot on the bench. You’re welcome.

Comment

Still fighting

Comment

Originally posted by Khashayar R View Post
                            I don’t care what he says or doesn’t say. He said the right thing but he needs to put in the work which I’m 100% sure he is doing. But if he’s still not given playing time he should get the f outta there instead of ‘waiting for his chance’. He is not a youngster who should be fighting for a spot on the bench. You’re welcome.
                            There are two conditions for him to be able to move. First Brighton has to agree on a price with another club and then the team has to agree on a salary with JB. I believe he is getting roughly 2.5M a year at Brighton and Brighton paid 20M for him. Find a top four league team that is willing to pay 15M for him and 2M salary for 4 more years for him and I am sure we got a deal. But until then, he can't walk away from 2.5M salary and Brighton can't sell him for much less than 15M.

He is rightfully thinking that if he is a great soccer player, he should prove his worth here, work hard and break into the starting lineup. And if he is not a great soccer player, he should stay and collect his 2.5M here. He is doing the right thing. It is a long season. Lets see what the boy can do.

Comment

Brighton would never recover the £17M they paid for him but they could have taken him off their wage role or at least partially if they wanted to loan him. I’m sure there were clubs out there that wanted him. Did he say no to a Loan move?
                              sigpic
                              Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Common sense suggests he had loan options to move to a EFL championship side or an Eredivisie club for a season.

However, since ARJ isn’t a quitter, I’m guessing he decided to stay and fight for his spot. Let’s not forget, we’ve only had two Brighton matches thus far. Plenty more to go. Players will become injured, fatigued, fall out of form.

Disagree with me if you like, but if there’s is a time to fight for your club spot, it’s now. Team melli doesn’t have any serious competitions coming up.

Comment

Working...
                                X