Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2019-2020 - Page 4

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 74 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2019-2020

Forum Staff
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,997 Times in 4,042 Posts

Meet your Persian Love Today
    Quote Originally Posted by happydoggo View Post
    Am I the only one thinking that AJ won't feature much in Graham Potter's setup?

What I can gather from Potter's tactics, he wants to have pacey players and plays out from the wings. From what I've seen in PL AJ doesn't have the pace required. Don't know where he will fit in.
    Ghoddos is not pacy, and he was used very well within potters system.

Potters system, at ostersund at least, was more reliant on lots of playmaking using the wingers, not neccessarily pace dependent.

ARJ IMO, is exactly the type of player potter likes, good at combining, playmaking, and giving those quality 1 ,2 passes.

The problem with hughton was that his team did not engage in playmaking at all, all of their goals were essentially fluke or headers by defenders.

"Either seem as you are or be as you seem."

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to KeonKish For This Useful Post:

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KeonKish View Post
    Ghoddos is not pacy, and he was used very well within potters system.

Potters system, at ostersund at least, was more reliant on lots of playmaking using the wingers, not neccessarily pace dependent.

ARJ IMO, is exactly the type of player potter likes, good at combining, playmaking, and giving those quality 1 ,2 passes.

The problem with hughton was that his team did not engage in playmaking at all, all of their goals were essentially fluke or headers by defenders.
    I hope your assessment is right. AJ better come out of his shell soon or I think it will be a painful season.

I'm with you with how Hughton was setting the team up, a new manager was really needed.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to happydoggo For This Useful Post:

Power Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by happydoggo View Post
    I hope your assessment is right. AJ better come out of his shell soon or I think it will be a painful season.
    I'm with you with how Hughton was setting the team up, a new manager was really needed.
    Creating goals from open play was woeful last season. Statistically, it could be put down to the absence of Pascal Groß and José Izquierdo who would have made up the difference with their record of the season before.

I would argue that Hughton's rigid 4-4-1-1 with two wingers was the fault as it conceded possession in midfield and relied too much on the long pass. Potter's 4-2-3-1 is actually playing out from the back in your own half and notionally even more defensive but more possession based football.

It is not a magic formulae and is really down to the players.

José Izquierdo and Bissouma will miss the start of the season with injuries. Bruno has retired. So the season starts with three first teamers needing replacements.

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 706 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    Creating goals from open play was woeful last season. Statistically, it could be put down to the absence of Pascal Groß and José Izquierdo who would have made up the difference with their record of the season before.
    I would argue that Hughton's rigid 4-4-1-1 with two wingers was the fault as it conceded possession in midfield and relied too much on the long pass. Potter's 4-2-3-1 is actually playing out from the back in your own half and notionally even more defensive but more possession based football.
    It is not a magic formulae and is really down to the players.
    José Izquierdo and Bissouma will miss the start of the season with injuries. Bruno has retired. So the season starts with three first teamers needing replacements.

Jose Izquierdo was barely part of the first team last season.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to saadat_abad For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,369 Times in 957 Posts
    Izquierdo is a fast winger but has no playmaking ability in him.
    "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ali Doust For This Useful Post:

Power Member

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    Hold on. I may have jumped the gun. It seems to be Kevin Mac Allister that has gone to Boca and Alex Mac Allister that is still at Argentinos Juniors ??
    Q: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], although a well-placed source has told The Argus no firm decision has been made yet on his future.
    Alexis Mac Allister’s one-year loan deal with Boca Juniors has been confirmed by parent club #bhafc. He trains with his new colleagues today.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,074 Times in 3,895 Posts
    Wow, I can confidently say that this Tudor Baluta, romania u21 cdm, who brighton signed in January then loaned back out to his club, is better than than any brighton defensive mid at the moment. He is a fantastic player. Wish arsenal had signed him.

Macallister also looks quite talented.

If I was brighton management I would dump these old overrated british losers like stephens, murray and other garbage like knockaert, etc and build around these young guys. It will be more profitable for them in the future and cant be worse than the present crap.

---------------Ryan-------------
    RB------Duffy-----Dunk-----Bernardo
    --------Baluta------Bissouma------
    ARJ-----------Gross----------Mcallister
    ------------Andone/Locadia----------

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to inarsenewetrust For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 706 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
    Wow, I can confidently say that this Tudor Baluta, romania u21 cdm, who brighton signed in January then loaned back out to his club, is better than than any brighton defensive mid at the moment. He is a fantastic player. Wish arsenal had signed him.

Macallister also looks quite talented.

If I was brighton management I would dump these old overrated british losers like stephens, murray and other garbage like knockaert, etc and build around these young guys. It will be more profitable for them in the future and cant be worse than the present crap.

---------------Ryan-------------
    RB------Duffy-----Dunk-----Bernardo
    --------Baluta------Bissouma------
    ARJ-----------Gross----------Mcallister
    ------------Andone/Locadia----------
    Mcalistar has been loaned to Boca juniors so it'll mostly be Silly boy or the Belgian left winger they're trying to get.

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,074 Times in 3,895 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by saadat_abad View Post
    Mcalistar has been loaned to Boca juniors so it'll mostly be Silly boy or the Belgian left winger they're trying to get.
    well that was unnecessary.

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,316 Times in 1,089 Posts
    BHA vs. Crawley Town in club friendly on July 19th.

Hoping to get a glimpse of ARJ's new role.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 74 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread : 485

You do not have permission to view the list of names.