Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

13 min in the last 2 games of PRESEASON, no he isnt Potters secret weapon

Comment

he did decent himself but he was having definite chemistry issues with his teammates

Comment

Looks like he’s definitely not gonna be a starter

Comment

He will get his chances throughout the season, its up to him to take it and become a starter. My View:

Tossard is a tenacious technical player but he is small. He will get bullied by the larger PL defenders and Mids. Well see how he looks against PL competition. If tossard gets hurt \ gets punked than Gross will take his role as #10 and JB will be in rotation with Locadia and March.

Both Locadia and March can be unseated as starters. JB needs to take full advantage of his opportunities and force his way into the starting lineup. If this final friendly is an indication of the lineup pecking order is :

Tossard, March, Locadia, Gross, JB, izquierdo.

Comment

Originally posted by kian_khosh View Post
            he did decent himself but he was having definite chemistry issues with his teammates
            big time...his team mates don't get his style of game...opposite what he had in alcamar

Comment

Originally posted by Dubxl152 View Post
              He will get his chances throughout the season, its up to him to take it and become a starter. My View:

Tossard is a tenacious technical player but he is small. He will get bullied by the larger PL defenders and Mids. Well see how he looks against PL competition. If tossard gets hurt \ gets punked than Gross will take his role as #10 and JB will be in rotation with Locadia and March.

Both Locadia and March can be unseated as starters. JB needs to take full advantage of his opportunities and force his way into the starting lineup. If this final friendly is an indication of the lineup pecking order is :

Tossard, March, Locadia, Gross, JB, izquierdo.
              Bro, March is being used as a wing back. Taking Bernandos spot. JB is fighting with Trossard and Locadia only... till Iz comes back.

Comment

Originally posted by saadat_abad View Post
                Bro, March is being used as a wing back. Taking Bernandos spot. JB is fighting with Trossard and Locadia only... till Iz comes back.
                At the end of the game JB was switching sides and working back to the Wing back he ended up on the left in what looked like march's position. (that what it looked like to me).

Comment

At the end of the game JB was switching sides and working back to the Wing back he ended up on the left in what looked like march's position. (that what it looked like to me).
                  Yes, but March and Bernando are fighting for the LWB spot while Trossard, Locadia, Iz, and Jb are going at it for LW and RW.

Comment

Yes, but March and Bernando are fighting for the LWB spot while Trossard, Locadia, Iz, and Jb are going at it for LW and RW.
                    Do you think Potter rates March Higher than JB? March can play LW & RW. That's why i said on the pecking order he is ahead of JB.
                    Regadless of the LWB \ RWB spot. What do you think the pecking order is for LW RW? Id say: (this is my opinion based on the last match)
                    LW___________RW
                    Trossard Locadia
                    March Gross
                    Gross March
                    JB JB
                    IZ IZ
                    I figure you can move march up and plug in Bernardo into the Wing back. Also this whole playing Gross & Locadia on the wings idea is a experiment. well see what happens with that

Comment

Do you think Potter rates March Higher than JB? March can play LW & RW. That's why i said on the pecking order he is ahead of JB.
                      Regadless of the LWB \ RWB spot. What do you think the pecking order is for LW RW? Id say: (this is my opinion based on the last match)
                      LW___________RW
                      Trossard Locadia
                      March Gross
                      Gross March
                      JB JB
                      IZ IZ
                      I figure you can move march up and plug in Bernardo into the Wing back. Also this whole playing Gross & Locadia on the wings idea is a experiment. well see what happens with that
                      I would say for LW it's Trossard, March, JB, Iz while for RW it's Locadia, JB, March. I don't see Gross playing on the wing unless its some crazy scenario. He doesn't have the pace to play wing AT ALL IMO.

Comment

I would say for LW it's Trossard, March, JB, Iz while for RW it's Locadia, JB, March. I don't see Gross playing on the wing unless its some crazy scenario. He doesn't have the pace to play wing AT ALL IMO.
                        I agree

Comment

Brighton has played their last two games with 3 defenders, two center halves and 3 forwards plus a right and a left wing back. The wing backs have to do a lot of defending and have the freedom to go all the way up the wing. JB is not competing for these two spots. They belong to Bernardo, Montoya, March and Mong. Of the three forward positions, one is the center forward that mostly belongs to Murray, Andone and occasionally Locadia. The other two forward's role is very fluid. Anything from a number 10 role to a winger. These two spots belong to JB, Trossard, Locadia, Gross and Izquierdo if/when he becomes healthy again. That is my understanding anyways...

And I feel as of now, the pecking order is Trossard, Locadia, JB, Gross. Locadia looked very tired in the second half and perhaps the first to get subbed out every game. So JB and Gross should see a lot of 30 minute appearances this season. Up to them to fight hard and win a starting position.

Comment

I thought ARJ did very well with the limited time he was given on the field. The announcer also pointed out how well ARJ did with his ball control and positioning. He had solid runs on the right wing, and was in position in the box for a pass that didn't materialize. His only shot attempt was unfortunately deflected by his own teammate.

Comment

Gholizadeh > Trossard
                              "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
                                Gholizadeh > Trossard
                                Before his injuries, in that game against Venezuela, Gholizadeh looked like our deadliest forward. He was looking so sharp I was so excited to see what was to come out of him. I guess he pushed himself too hard, poor guy.

Comment

Working...
                                X