No announcement yet.

Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the Premier League Fantasy football ARJ would get points for an assist.

What I can see at the moment is a player that is raring to go, looks fit and is in good form. Great for Iran in the upcoming qualifiers.

Comment

This kind of thing should count as an assist. Its ridiculous that JB's score on things like sofascore and whoscored is so low when he changed the game... Stupid system.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
        This kind of thing should count as an assist. Its ridiculous that JB's score on things like sofascore and whoscored is so low when he changed the game... Stupid system.
        I ignore those sites, they don’t go by the feel of the game but by points scoring l. Doesn’t truly tell how well someone has done.

Comment

Their League One level cult English players like Stephens and Soleiman March are such garbage, this team isn't going to go anywhere with them.

JB performing again well enough to get another 20 minutes of time after cult hero Soleiman hazrat-e March gets subbed off after another ineffective performance.

Amazingly, March despite being absolute garbage and really ineffective for the whole game won the Premier League MOTM prize. This shows what we're dealing with, people. If he didn't have that kind of "home grown, salt of the earth, one of are boys" rep he wouldn't be anywhere near the top tier of a European football nation.

Comment

Great cameo appearance by ARJ. March was the worst player on the pitch and this was perhaps the worst team selection made by Potter this season and reminder that too much tinkering can be detrimental. March and Murray were ineffective in the game and the team were nowhere near potent enough in front of goal at home against a relegation rival. He should have played ARJ and Maupay so the fault lies with the manager on this game for me.

I didn't think BHA could have a worse first half performance than they did in their last game against West Ham but that's two abysmal first halves in a row and they're lucky to come out of both games with a draw, which could prove to be huge come the end of the season.

They have an incredibly tough run of games in March and April so they need to get something out of their next couple of games. Of their final 10 games of the season, I would consider 4 are winnable. 3 of those 4 games are away from home, which is not ideal when games get to the "must win" stage. They need at least 4 points from Sheffield United (away) and Palace (home).

Nevertheless, I'm still standing by my previous prediction of safety. There are 5 teams in this league that are highly likely to finish below them. Norwich are pretty much relegated, Aston Villa, Bournemouth and West Ham have just as bad a run of fixtures as BHA in their last 13 games and have performed worse throughout the season so the metrics there are in favour of BHA. Watford might be the only team that could finish above them but then there's Crystal Palace who, in their current form, are at serious risk of relegation - if they don't start scoring goals and winning in their next few games, I don't see where their points are going to come from in the business end of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Malkay View Post
              March was the worst player on the pitch.
              Exactly, so its a surreal situation when he was given the EPL MOTM prize. Makes you think what the hell is going on?

Comment

Comment

I agree with everyone that March was horrible but WHY THE FU*K IS Gross even making the 18 man squad list?? he's been horrible all season. It's criminal the AJB, Maupay and the poor Alzate arent starting every game.

Comment

This is some Iowa Caucus bullshit:

March gets MOTM today in a poll that doesn't even include Ali, where the poll is essentially split evenly between the 4 "candidates" since the fans couldn't make up their minds on who was actually deserving of this. FFS. Even when he proves himself as the final sub that changed the game and earned a point to keep their sorry asses at #15, he doesn't get credit.

Solly March 28%
                    Ezequiel Schelotto 25.3%
                    Leandro Trossard 22.4%
                    Davy Propper 24.3%

Comment

Alireza changed the game when he came on.
                      He has good chemistry with Alzate.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                        Alireza changed the game when he came on.
                        He has good chemistry with Alzate.
                        I agree , he also has good chemistry with Mooy, Maupay and Trossard. These are the players they need on the pitch going forward, stop changing the line up every game and let them build chemistry with each other.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                          This is some Iowa Caucus bullshit:

March gets MOTM today in a poll that doesn't even include Ali, where the poll is essentially split evenly between the 4 "candidates" since the fans couldn't make up their minds on who was actually deserving of this. FFS. Even when he proves himself as the final sub that changed the game and earned a point to keep their sorry asses at #15, he doesn't get credit.

Solly March 28%
                          Ezequiel Schelotto 25.3%
                          Leandro Trossard 22.4%
                          Davy Propper 24.3%
                          I suppose because Ali was a late sub..? although the primary reason they salvaged a point from that vital relegation 6pointer..!! and he well deserved the MOM over the lousy March..!

on the balance of things they shoulda given it to Davy Propper, he is a vastly under-rated player, especially by the core of the BHA Fans.... him and to a lesser degree mooye are about the only 2 players well apt to work the ball around and forward decently in Pothead's scheme which seems to be adamant about solely building up from the back..!

March can look composed and decent on the ball often but there seems to be simply No End-Product in that guy and he is dreadful in final ball delivery or doing anything truly impactful on the pitch..!!

Schelotto tried hard but you can see that he is well over his head at this level of competition and just not good enough ..! Alzate is their Absolute best make-shift RB ...and he is well efficient pushing up and plenty young and spry to get back to his defensive duties so they dont get hit with frequent counters..!

Leandro could certainly benefit and flourish with a bit more talent around him up-top...... him and AliReza should be the starting wingers and this system of play a much more active and fluid moving Maupay is a must as target man..!! i can't believe this idiot pothead got duped enough by murray's lucky goal in the last match, enough to give him a start in yesterday's match which was bound to be a massive, contentious dog-fight ...!! Murray still is their best in box scoring threat, but he only has about 15 minutes a game left in his legs and should only be brought on as a late sub to get back into a game by spraying high balls towards him in the box..!

as mentioned, besides Maupay who seems to always be looking to pass the ball to ARJ and run into box to feed from his service, Mooye is another who actively seeks to get him involved into the match and next probably Trossard and Alzate, Propper doesnt hesitate to hit any open man for a pass too but i notice a distinct hesitancy from the majority rest of the typical starters to pass the ball towards alireza who is very clever with his positioning and always seems to place himself in a wide and threatening attacking position...!!

BHA could be a Solid Midtable and above side, if this idiot coach could ever muster up the right starting line-up and keep his personal vendettas out of his selection..!!

Comment

Comment

It's a lack of understanding of football that leads to Ali getting so much slack for being a different type of winger to March or Izqiuerdo etc.

Brits think wingers should be pace merchants and lose sight of where technique and vision can more than make up for a lack of pace.

Comment

Any highlights of the game?

Comment

Working...
                                X