Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
    I'd like JB to come off the bench in this one so he is 100% fresh and ready for the next PL match and start in that one. if he starts tomorrow hes almost gauranteed to be on the bench in the next PL match
    I don't think it makes a difference if he starts tomorrow or not since the next PL match is 1 week away.

What will be interesting is if Potter utilizes him at all. If he doesn't and they lose people will balme him for not playing the hot hand. If he starts him and JB doesn't perform / score he will be relegated to the bench again.

Unfortunately you're only as good as your last performance.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

As long as he doesn't start matched up with Glen, he should be okay.

Comment

I think Jahanbakhsh will start next Saturday vs Everton for sure. He may also start tomorrow unless Potter wants to rest him, and in the case he does rest him tomorrow he will bring him in the 2nd half for sure if Brighton were to not be winning the game.

Comment

Actually, I still think JB needs to get into match fitness. He's only played a total of 90 minutes of football in the past several months. Perhaps it's a good thing to start him tomorrow vs. Sheff. Wednesday so he can be close to firing on all cylinders in the PL next week.

Comment

Funny how as soon as AJ started performing, the trolls all disappeared.
            "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
              I'd like JB to come off the bench in this one so he is 100% fresh and ready for the next PL match and start in that one. if he starts tomorrow hes almost gauranteed to be on the bench in the next PL match
              Since he only payed 25 min on Wednesday he'll be 100% tomorrow and a full week until the match vs Everton is more than enough time to recover for that game

Comment

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH
                https://youtu.be/9lJ04_mdcKA
                he says:
                "that goal is the best goal ever scored at the amex"!
                and this is coming from a brighton superfan. I'll take his word for it. Man it feels so good

oh.. and he made the Gillette #PrecisionPlayOfTheWeek lol what ever the fuck that is. we'll take it!

https://www.facebook.com/SkySportsFo...27672784170242

Comment

Originally posted by persian_pooya View Post
                  Since he only payed 25 min on Wednesday he'll be 100% tomorrow and a full week until the match vs Everton is more than enough time to recover for that game
                  will he play tommorow tho? Usually its now reserved for the B team.
                  Original Ehsan of IK ISP and PFDC from 1999/2000!

Comment

Mashalla Jahanbakhsh, very happy for him, crucial BarGardoon and even the goal he scored in the game prior, desperately needed them to boost his confidence.

Comment

Jahanbakhsh eager to create more FA Cup memories

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.co...a-cup-memories

Comment

performance of the month..vote if you can!

🇫🇷 @nealmaupay18
                        🇮🇷 @Alirezajb7
                        🇦🇺 @AaronMooy

https://mobile.twitter.com/OfficialB...75805582041089

Comment

He is really overusing the word "obviously" as a filler. But then again, he also knows how to speak dutch so i should just STFU.
                          i think the interviewer is fucking with him. Every questions starts with "obviously"

Comment

Originally posted by daggerhashimoto View Post
                            He is really overusing the word "obviously" as a filler. But then again, he also knows how to speak dutch so i should just STFU.
                            i think the interviewer is fucking with him. Every questions starts with "obviously"
                            he does the same thing in persian actually. Its just kind of his word. He says "ghatan" like 600 times in his interviews.

Comment

Originally posted by TM4LIFE View Post
                              Malkay really really nicely said, great post. Pretty much a level headed assessment of everything that's happened to this point and a good explanation of many of the reactions seen among Iranian fans.
                              This should be stickied to every page of this thread to save us some time that will inevitably be spent on arguments
                              Haha. Thanks.

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
                              A few random points after reading the recent posts:
                              This seem to be focused toward my last post, as there are no other recent posts making the points I made, which you're contending. You could have just quoted my post or addressed this to me rather than being vague about it. I have no problem debating my point of view.

1) I don't agree that JB was poor defensively last year. He always put in a massive defensive shift under Hughton covering well for Montoya, Bong, Bernardo and Bruno to the detriment of his offense. Further, JB played for eight years under the defensive master mind by the name of Carlos Quieroz. CQ instilled defensive discipline, focus, and tactical awareness into JB (like he did with the rest of TM).
                              Good point re: his national team experience with CQ but he's never really played wing back for Iran so far as I can remember. Moreover, when TM has been defensive, it's not really impacted his attacking output as much as it did at Brighton because the whole of TM played with one philosophy. At Brighton last season, he was actually being played far too deep and, as you rightly said, having to cover for the actual defenders. Also he was playing against better teams/players week in, week out than he mostly did for TM.

We can agree to disagree on his defensive capabilities last season but the fact is he had worse defensive statistics for 2018/19 than almost all of the 4 players you mentioned (I'd say only Bong was worse, no surprise he's not playing much this year). Now they're defenders by trade so they should be more competent than him in that category but the team were very defensive last year and still had a relatively poor record (7th most goals conceded last season), which suggests they're not great defenders for the league ergo he's not got great defensive attributes for the league.

For what it's worth, these are the 2018/19 defensive stats for ARJ and the players you mentioned (source: WhoScored.com). Each column is on a per game based on the average for all appearances to give a more balanced spread of their comparable defensive output, as they've played a different amount of games. I've removed some other defensive stats such as clearances and blocks which favour defenders, particularly central defenders, as he scored so low it was incredibly unfair.

Brighton defence 18-19.jpg

Opposition players took him on and dribbled past him more often than anyone else. He fouled more players than all but Montoya, who was putting in more tackles than him. He had the least amount of interceptions and only Bong put in less tackles per game on average. I haven't looked at March's data set as although they vied for the same position, March tended to play higher up the pitch so there will be an anomaly in his data caused by games where he didn't do an awful lot of defending.

2) I also lament the fact that some users always bring up his lack of pace. So what? It's like complaining a Porsche isn't a good car because it doesn't have 4x4 capabilities. Pointing out JB's lack of pace to justify his exclusion overlooks and minimizes his countless other valuable attributes (vision, passing, technique, football IQ, teamwork, goal scoring, etc.). You know who has pace? Anthony Knockaert. How'd that work out for BHA?
                              That's a dreadful analogy. Pace is a vitally important attribute for an attacking wide player in the Premier League, as it also is for full backs. Furthermore, it doesn't minimise one's strong attributes to point out their weak ones. Every player has weaknesses, some more than others, most of which are magnified by the quality of league they're in and the players they play around. Pointing out these negative attributes just demonstrates that you can be balanced in your critique of a player, unlike a lot of contributors who overlook our players shortcomings and instead look to blame others entities (managers, competing squad members, clubs, fans, the standard of league, etc - I've seen it all on here) for a player's lack of game time or success.

Besides, my post doesn't say his lack of selection is due to his lack of pace. Of the few "weaknesses" I listed, that is probably the most impossible one to improve. You can't really make a 26 year old athlete faster than he already is. I said that the likely reason he's been left out of the team is not an issue with his approach to training but rather to give Potter and his team time to work on some aspects of his game to adapt to what Potter wants. It's a theory but it's not an uncommon occurrence for a new manager to impress a different philosophy on his players, with an adapt or leave attitude to everyone, even the biggest names / transfer values at the club. Guardiola comes to mind. There have been many public fall outs with players who've not adapted to his style of play. Zlatan and Eto'o to name a few. Even Aguero had to start pressing the defenders more or risk being dropped.

As for Knockaert, he had the highest amount of assists in the team last season (6) so I think it definitely worked out well for him especially if he was on some contractual bonus which so many modern players are now. It's fair to say he was ostracised by Potter for other reasons, as covered in my previous post, which I'm sure BHA fans will attest to.

You know who else has pace? Salah, Mane, Sterling, Sane, Felipe Anderson, Deulofeu, Zaha, Adama Traore... They all happen to be attacking wide players and coincidentally some of the fastest players in the Premier League. It seems to be working out well for them.

Comment

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.co...za-says-potter

Comment

Working...
                                X