No announcement yet.

Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fixture against Bournemouth in 2 days, hopefully potter rotates the players and lets Alireza get a start.
    If you're sitting 2 points above relegation then SOMETHING clearly isn't working.

Comment

I would say that villa and west ham are better teams than their records suggest. West ham unlucky not to get draw today away to palace after taking lead.

Brighton should be pretty concerned.

Their match at home vs bournemouth next seems really important.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
        I would say that villa and west ham are better teams than their records suggest.
        What do you base this on?

Comment

Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post
          They have one point less than they had last year after 18 rounds. More possession doesn't mean better results. They really should have kept Houghton.
          Conventional wisdom suggest for a low caliber/budget team like BHA a season-long overall conservative approach (somewhat similar to CH’s) is the most probable means of attaining the all important /lucrative EPL Survival..!
          In hindsight, your right (@ least for Alireza’s sake) they shoulda kept CH ..! In retrospect CH was certainly more level-headed & fair in keeping his whole playing squad (including Ali) involved in attaining the overall Team’s objectives (which essentially boils down to EPL survival..!)
          Pothead tactically looks a more modern and layered head coach but his possession based overall scheme of play isn’t well suited & realistic to the overall level of squad talent available @ his disposal ..! Besides the EPL unknown-factor/honeymoon is over for him by mid season & other coaches in EPL by now have figured him & his rough tactical preferences out & have learned how expose the flaws in his system of play & Gain the all important favorable final result from his BHA..!

Ps
          Didn’t see their recent game but Like I said before, his team needs become more direct in their attacking approach & switch to a varied/more conservative game management is Also needed from him in order get some points from so many games that so far they’ve been ahead in & end up loosing ..!
          More involvement from Alireza could well be a key solution to a the need for a more direct attacking game from his BHA..!

Comment

Originally posted by Malkay View Post
            What do you base this on?
            west ham have some major psychological issues recently, and defense has been shaky because of that. but in terms of actual play, they have dominated teams like arsenal, chelsea, etc even in the midst of these problems.

IF you compare their players : Felipe Anderson, Sebastien Haller, Issa Diop, Declan Rice, Fornals, Antonio, etc they are much better players than those brighton have, in fact not even close. I think for them eventually it will click. Last season with the same players, in fact less quality, they were quite in solid in 10th.

Villa I would say are similar level overall to brighton, but in most of their matches I have watched they have been really dangerous offensively but not that solid at back.

I think it will come down to Brighton, Southampton, Villa. Watford could potentially drag themselves out, but for now them and norwich are pretty clear favorites for the drop.

Comment

I hope Potter and Brighton both sink to the bottom. Never wanna see that look ever again.. Dude stole 6 months from Ali’s career. The only thing he taught him was to work harder to warm the reserve chairs. Thank God Ali is leaving. Forget this coach and this club, goodbye 👋🏻

Comment

The day Ali starts against Brighton (if he stays in EPL), and if he scores bs Brighton I’m gonna laugh my ass off sooooo loud. Especially at PottEhhhhhh

Comment

Don’t have any sympathy for Nut Ham Fart fest or Brighton.

I know we joke a lot on the forums but here’s a serious opinion.

Smart, knowledgeable, patient, and open minded football fans were looking forward to supporting the blue stripes. The feeling when Ali walked onto that pitch. Looking forward to a team to support slowly but surely turned into a disaster.

Ali is not innocent in all of this either. He had to work hard and HAS TO work hard. The EPL is one of the best leagues in the world. Some argue the best. A very physical and up tempo league with top notch professional footballers.

But Ali worked way to hard for what he brought to the table. Let’s be perfectly honest here. Comparing how many goals one player scores over another, to justify how that player deserves to start matches or not is not the best argument in my opinion.

Sure, I agree, Ali was not selfish enough. He was scared and he was unlucky as well. But what MAKES Ali a great player, and I’m compared to some of his colleagues, is that he is more of a complete player when it comes to positioning and his playmaking attributes as it pertains to the different positions he had been out to play (I’m talking Iran). Now we can argue that that is international not league. Sure, I agree. But how many wingers in Brighton have double duty and are versatile enough to pull off what Ali pulled off..

Look I can go for hours discussing Ali’s shortcomings and his positive traits, but the point is Potter didn’t want him. He can sugarcoat his lies however he wants to but he bought players and he planned his squad not giving Ali the chances he deserved. It’s not like Ali was given 2-3 chances. Ali wasn’t a part of his plans, he should have let Ali go.

Now that he’s leaving I personally am happy. I’d rather him play for a relegating club but start/play minutes than to wither away with a club and under a coach who makes empty suggestions when even he knows Ali isn’t in his plans and it has less to do with if he deserves to play.

Thank God Ali is leaving.

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli91 View Post
                    Don’t have any sympathy for Nut Ham Fart fest or Brighton.

I know we joke a lot on the forums but here’s a serious opinion.

Smart, knowledgeable, patient, and open minded football fans were looking forward to supporting the blue stripes. The feeling when Ali walked onto that pitch. Looking forward to a team to support slowly but surely turned into a disaster.

Ali is not innocent in all of this either. He had to work hard and HAS TO work hard. The EPL is one of the best leagues in the world. Some argue the best. A very physical and up tempo league with top notch professional footballers.

But Ali worked way to hard for what he brought to the table. Let’s be perfectly honest here. Comparing how many goals one player scores over another, to justify how that player deserves to start matches or not is not the best argument in my opinion.

Sure, I agree, Ali was not selfish enough. He was scared and he was unlucky as well. But what MAKES Ali a great player, and I’m compared to some of his colleagues, is that he is more of a complete player when it comes to positioning and his playmaking attributes as it pertains to the different positions he had been out to play (I’m talking Iran). Now we can argue that that is international not league. Sure, I agree. But how many wingers in Brighton have double duty and are versatile enough to pull off what Ali pulled off..

Look I can go for hours discussing Ali’s shortcomings and his positive traits, but the point is Potter didn’t want him. He can sugarcoat his lies however he wants to but he bought players and he planned his squad not giving Ali the chances he deserved. It’s not like Ali was given 2-3 chances. Ali wasn’t a part of his plans, he should have let Ali go.

Now that he’s leaving I personally am happy. I’d rather him play for a relegating club but start/play minutes than to wither away with a club and under a coach who makes empty suggestions when even he knows Ali isn’t in his plans and it has less to do with if he deserves to play.

Thank God Ali is leaving.
                    You have something concrete which says he is leaving or is this all speculation? I have yet to see anything verifiable.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dubxl152 View Post
                      You have something concrete which says he is leaving or is this all speculation? I have yet to see anything verifiable.
                      Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
                      I watched one of Persian Football Magazines videos which was an upload from Iranian news from inside Iran saying “Alireza Jahanbakhsh has stated he is no longer in the plans at Brighton and will be looking to leave in the winter.” You can go search that channel the video is like 3 minutes. It’s one of those short coverages of all sport news from Iran done in 2-3 minutes. It was uploaded last week.

Comment

BHAFC now #15 out of 20 in EPL, with 20 points, and 3 spots above relegation.

Keep this up, and we'll be seeing them in the Championship next year. Great job BHA leadership and Potter.

The only saving grace is that ARJ can't be blamed for this debacle.

Comment

Is this a worst start from he legionnaire Iranian player?
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JUKabP3zTI

Comment

Originally posted by DJPedram View Post
                            Is this a worst start from he legionnaire Iranian player?
                            Hossein Kaebi at Leicester
                            Anfarifard at Osasuna

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                              BHAFC now #15 out of 20 in EPL, with 20 points, and 3 spots above relegation.

Keep this up, and we'll be seeing them in the Championship next year. Great job BHA leadership and Potter.

The only saving grace is that ARJ can't be blamed for this debacle.
                              Only 2 pts above 18th placed(relegation) Aston Villa

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
                                Only 2 pts above 18th placed(relegation) Aston Villa
                                Yes. But but but they are passing the ball more......
                                Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Working...
                                X