Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ab-Gosht View Post
    their squad is not better this year, they sold several of their key players from last season and replaced them from their own bench
    And Izquierdo is always injured

Comment

Originally posted by Ab-Gosht View Post
      their squad is not better this year, they sold several of their key players from last season and replaced them from their own bench
      Mooy is better than Knocky, Maupay is better than Murray, Connoly better than Andone, Tossard is better than Alireza/Izquirdo, Burn better than Bernardo.

Comment

Brighton play 2 games in 48 hours so Jahanbakhsh might see some decent minutes tomorrow or this weekend

Potter's comments (source BBC)

"We've got two games in [the space of] 48 hours and we'll have to look at how we play against Tottenham.

"We've got a very hard-working group and it's an opportunity for others to get some minutes.

"We have good numbers going into this period and we need to use the squad in the best way we can."

Comment

Originally posted by Malkay View Post
          Brighton play 2 games in 48 hours so Jahanbakhsh might see some decent minutes tomorrow or this weekend

"We've got two games in [the space of] 48 hours and we'll have to look at how we play against Tottenham.

"We've got a very hard-working group and it's an opportunity for others to get some minutes.

"We have good numbers going into this period and we need to use the squad in the best way we can."
          I wouldn't hold your breath mate.

Comment

Ali's gonna do something this week, I can feel it.

Comment

Originally posted by Malkay View Post

Tarjome: "Midonim ke emrooz roberooye Tottenham terakmoon mizanim.
              DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Not in lineup

Comment

I wasn't expecting Alireza to be in the match day Roster today, but I wasn't expecting this line-up at all. I guess Potter knows they are going to get owned by the Spurs, so he is throwing in the Towel with this line-up. Maybe this means we will see Alireza on the bench on Saturday, but then again, considering he's leaving the club in a week, I wouldn't be surprised if we don't even see him Saturday.

Comment

Strange lineup. He's got his standard 3x CBs and 2x WBs for a 5 man defence. But Alzate has been playing WB for the past few months so it looks like his golden boy will have a more advanced role in this game. Stephens in a holding role, Gross and Mooy somewhere along the middle. I suspect Connolly is upfront with either Alzate behind him, alongside him or supporting the other two.

Potter has proved throughout the season that he is the ultimate tinkerman of this league. He has played 9 different starting formations throughout the season:

5-4-1
                    4-4-2
                    4-3-3
                    4-3-1-2
                    4-3-2-1
                    4-2-3-1
                    4-1-4-1
                    3-4-1-2
                    3-4-2-1

... Crazy guy. The lack of formations with wingers has killed ARJ's chances of being involved in the team.

Comment

0-1 to Brighton at HT

Comment

Haha, Brighton lose 2-1 to Tottenham.

Comment

POTTERBALL!

Comment

I don't get all the hate.
                            I mean, I'm happy they are losing because I don't like BHA FC but they actually played decent football.
                            They were up 1-0. They had a few nice chances and made spurs run themselves down trying to win the match.

Whereas last year, they'd be writing games like this off as unwinnable, this year they've given higher ranked teams true tests and close calls.
                            Brighton definitely plays better football...it's just the quality of their finishing and defenders that's letting them down.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Oz View Post
                              I don't get all the hate.
                              I mean, I'm happy they are losing because I don't like BHA FC but they actually played decent football.
                              They were up 1-0. They had a few nice chances and made spurs run themselves down trying to win the match.

Whereas last year, they'd be writing games like this off as unwinnable, this year they've given higher ranked teams true tests and close calls.
                              Brighton definitely plays better football...it's just the quality of their finishing and defenders that's letting them down.
                              I can't speak for others, but the main reason why I vehemently hate BHA atm is simply because they don't even put one of my favorite players on the bench, let alone play him. So...i'm glad when they lose.

Comment

They finished half season at number 15 (unless WHU beats Liverpool, then 16th).

Comment

Working...
                                X