Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BHAFC View Post
    There’s so much wrong with this post and I’m tired so I’ll keep it short.

Jahankabash put in 23 crosses and 1 through ball last year. The PL site has him down as creating 0 big chances Whether they were converted or not, that’s a poor amount for over 1000 minutes. Knockaert, who was deemed not good enough on here scored 2 goals, got 6 assists and put in over 100 crosses in 1800 minutes. There is a gulf there. It’s not even arguable.

To say we don’t give players chances is laughable. Our current squad is proof we’re more than happy to give players a chance. Alzate was playing in the fourth tier last season, Connolly was on loan in L1, Webster & Maupay were in the Championship, Trossard from a fairly weak Belgian League. The difference is all of those players have grabbed the chance they were given with both hands, something that for whatever reason Jahankabash didn’t do last season.

Juvenrus give players chances? Haven’t you just sold Kean after 6 goals in 13 games?
    did this village of brighton just become introduced to the sport in the last year or two?? What the fuck is number of crosses stat, if you want to talk about performances do that, but dont say he is worse because he put in far less crosses This is why around the world people have image of english football as route 1 long ball all about running around like a headless chicken. Volume of crosses really means absolutely nothing buddy. If anything its indiciative of how blindly knockaert would punt ball into the area. Im sure solly march has high crossing numbers as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
      Probably already told he's not in the squad tomorrow or its an old photo.

Granted, I don't think Amsterdam - London is a long flight.
      an Ajax loan is what i wanna hear..!!

Comment

Originally posted by CanadianEh View Post
        So Alireza just posted on Instagram from Amsterdam? Is that weird considering Brighton play tomorrow?
        We aren’t playing tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
          Im not gonna argue stats that are out of context. The real analysis would be if we sat and judged them one by one. If thats how you compare players then look at some famous players and compare them like that you will be surprised. Football/soccer isnt like baseball or American football where every little stat means something. And many other things on the field arent measured by stats because you cant measure some things. So to overanalyze number of passes and key passes or # of crosses means nothing. Maybe opportunity isnt there to cross...you dont just aimlessly cross. I have seen how these stats are taken and they have their own flaws

I also dont understand your Juventus reference. Kean got his chances despite being a kid on a team with players like Ronaldo, Mandzukic, Dybala, Costa, Bernardeschi, Cuadrado, etc.....so yea manager found ways to get playing time for him despite all that. What Juve chooses to do in transfer market makes no relationship to the example here. They sold kean cuz they got others and they got offered good money.
          Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
          did this village of brighton just become introduced to the sport in the last year or two?? What the fuck is number of crosses stat, if you want to talk about performances do that, but dont say he is worse because he put in far less crosses This is why around the world people have image of english football as route 1 long ball all about running around like a headless chicken. Volume of crosses really means absolutely nothing buddy. If anything its indiciative of how blindly knockaert would punt ball into the area. Im sure solly march has high crossing numbers as well.
          Seeming both of you have pulled me up on the crosses stat, I would like to point out it was in direct correlation to EKBATAN saying “Those stats are misleading because there were many times he could have had an assist but the receiver didnt convert.”

I was simply highlighting that Jahankabash didn’t create that many chances for people to miss. It’s fine to say he created lots of chances and other players missed them. It’s also fine to say he didn’t get to create chances because there was nobody there for him to pass to. Trying to claim both of these points is pretty stupid though, but carry on.

Comment

Amsterdam?

Do we hope he's back in Holland and play in their league?

AZ would be a fantastic option.
            I'd settle for any top 4 spot.

Coz talent is there. He just has to regain his confidence.

as for BHFC, I really cannot care less if they're ahead or behind their last year.
            Do I wish them ill?
            No.
            But I do believe JB was given a bloody raw deal and was criminally ignored by Potter.
            I just dont give a flying f**k what happens to them

Comment

AZ for me:

1) A club he knows very well, he knows the people there, they like him
              2) Qualified for next round of Europa League with a game to spare
              3) Second in Eredivisie and the only competition for Ajax thus-far in that league.

He can go in as cover for the guy who replaced him initially. But it would be the best place for him.

Comment

When is he going to be traded?
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JUKabP3zTI

Comment

Originally posted by DJPedram View Post
                  When is he going to be traded?
                  He'll probably be loaned out in January.

Comment

Originally posted by BHAFC View Post
                    Seeming both of you have pulled me up on the crosses stat, I would like to point out it was in direct correlation to EKBATAN saying “Those stats are misleading because there were many times he could have had an assist but the receiver didnt convert.”
                    I was simply highlighting that Jahankabash didn’t create that many chances for people to miss. It’s fine to say he created lots of chances and other players missed them. It’s also fine to say he didn’t get to create chances because there was nobody there for him to pass to. Trying to claim both of these points is pretty stupid though, but carry on.
                    where did I claim that? I said due to a combination of factors, many Brightons fault, many his own, the move has been a disaster. I went on to say that despite that, the replacements statistically given their game time compared to his (0) have not performed well enough to suggest he should have gotten his first 15 mins in the last match only. I think thats a pretty reasonable point. The guys playing instead havent warranted him getting dropped from squad for most matchdays.

Then you started mentioning these other random statistics that are totally irrelevant to main points. I get that you are hyper-emotional, your lovely domestic english club has been bombarded by a bunch of braindead iranians, all for a player who is performing subpar! But if you are looking at it objectively, brighton have a lot of fault in the move not panning out, and he has a lot of fault as well, but he should still have been given more of a chance this season give the low level of production on the whole from his competitors.

Anyways, as I keep saying, it will be best for all parties to get him a loan somwhere like was done with locadia. Why this was not done in the summer Im not sure, if potter was so certain that he would give him zero gametime, I see no way that alireza would have agreed to stay knowing that fact...

Comment

Can you name an European team that bullied Iranian players more than Brighton?

Comment

Originally posted by tmfan View Post
                        Can you name an European team that bullied Iranian players more than Brighton?
                        Hamburg dar yek doran. Amma Mahdavikia zad to pooze morrabbi va bargasht be tarkibe team.
                        DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Guys please forget about Jahanbakhsh going back to AZ on loan.

First of all they are in form and both of their wingers are doing particularly well (Idrissi as LW and Alireza's ''main'' competitor Stengs as RW). Secondly, AZ doesn't have that amount of money to pay Alireza's huge salary. Unless one of these two wingers gets injured heavily, and let's hope that doesn't happen, there's no way Alireza will go to AZ.

Ajax, PSV and Feyenoord also seem unlikely as all three teams have a sufficient amount of wingers in their team.

It will be either a Championship team or a lower table Bundesliga / LaLiga side.

Comment

A lower table Bundesliga/ La Liga side in reality would be an improvement in the quality of players around him as well.

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                              an Ajax loan is what i wanna hear..!!
                              That would be lovely, but they just messed up on advancing in the CL.

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
                                A lower table Bundesliga/ La Liga side in reality would be an improvement in the quality of players around him as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X