Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BHAFC View Post
    It’s a shame, I remember when we signed ARJ. The excitement on the Brighton forum was posted on here and you guys were excited about how excited we were. I’ll always remember how surreal people on here found it when Brighton fans managed to find the private plane he was taking on Flight Tracker and were watching it come in to land, trying to figure out what airport he’d land at if he was signing for Brighton.

As a club are we faultless? No, probably not. But there are people on here (and it’s by no means everybody) who have constructed the most amazingly elaborate series of events in their head to absolve everyone but Brighton of any blame. It’s a mixture of so many factors. Hughtons negative football didn’t help, the Iranian national team calling him away as he returned from injury didn’t help, Jahankabash; despite what some people say, never grabbed his chance last season. No matter how you try to rationalise it, 0 goals, 0 assists & only 23 crosses in over 1000 minutes is poor. Less than 40% of shots being on target & less than 70% pass accuracy is also poor. Some of it is bad luck too, if his shot that smashed against the bar against Huddersfield was a foot lower then it’s a massive confidence boost, he plays better and never looks back - his injury problems didn’t help either.

All in all, it’s sad it looks like it’s ending this way. Most Brighton fans want nothing more than ARJ to turn things around, but sadly to most on here we’ll be the shit club managed by ‘Pothead’ who should get relegated because we didn’t bend over backwards to make the whole team revolve around one player they liked.

Those stats are misleading because there were many times he could have had an assist but the receiver didnt convert. And likewise he would have scored more if the team actually serviced him. I never saw any moments in all the Brighton games i watched that he has proper service and didnt score. Yes maybe he missed a few close calls, but they have been very rare cases where he was in those situations. It goes hand in hand with the team and quite honestly a team like Brighton should have never spent 25m on a player like JB. They should have spent that money on a more well known PL player to help them. To spend your highest spending on a player from Eredivise without giving him proper chances was never going to go anywhere. I follow Juventus and even as a big team they give more chances to players than a small team like Brighton has. Although people here arent right to insult the team, but the frustration is its not like other Brighton players are better, and JB is no magician to just pull goals out of nothing....the team needs to help as well.

Comment

Originally posted by nisfejahan View Post
      I am not sure how you are counting!!!!
      At this point last year BHA had 21 points in 16 games. This season they have 19 points. 21 points are more than 19 points!!!! Or is there a special math at BHA?
      At this point last season BHA had scored 20 and conceded 21 Goal difference of -1. This season BHA has scored 20 and conceded 24. Goal difference of -4!!!!
      You are probably comparing all of last season to just the first 16 games of this season. That is not a fair, unbiased comparison.
      Regarding your other comments, eh.... This may be shocking to you, but most of us here do not give a crap about BHA if it had not been for AJB. They can win the EPL or get relegated for all I care.
      But, it is true that he has been treated unfairly, by any standard. It may be that forcing him out is to the club's advantage, but it does not make it right or ethical.
      And the Dutch league that you guys put down so casually, has produced and is producing some of the best footballers of all time. I can list them, but you know Google, find out the list for yourself. You will find that their "Vans" have been burning up the EPL defenses for a while.
      And, I will withhold using similar derogatory language towards the English as you used highlighted in Red. But I have noticed that people mostly resort to this type of language when they run out of logic and it is mostly out of ignorance.
      The basis of your argument is stupid. If you don’t want to do points for the entirety of the last season then fine, but the logical thing to do then would be to compare the results from this season with the exact same games last season. For example Watford (A) was 0 points last year & 3 points this year. West Ham (H) was 3 points last year and 1 point this year. If you want a completely fair comparison then that would be the best way to do it. But you don’t want to do it that way because we’ve gained more points than last season if you compare it like that and then who will you cry foul about then?
      You talk about an unbiased way but don’t want to consider the fact that last season we had a settled squad and manager; and this year we’ve completely changed our style of play which meant a slower start to the season. It’s not rocket science.
      I’m well aware of what players have been produced in the Dutch league. I never dismissed it, I merely pointed out that there’s a long history of players who have moved from Holland to the Premier League who have failed. It’s a entirely different style of football and it’s not easy to transition. For every Van Persie and Van Nistelrooy there’s an entire army of De Jongs, Tadics, Depays & Kezmans. It doesn’t mean they’re bad players, it just means they aren’t suited to the Prem. Jahankabash will go down in that same pile unless there’s a massive turnaround.
      I’ve said nothing offensive about Iranian people so I’m not sure how you avoided using “similar derogatory language towards the English“. If you’ve taken the ‘sand in their vagina’ comment as an insult towards Iranians then more fool you. It’s a phrase popularised by the cartoon South Park which is used to describe somebody who gets overly upset about small, insignificant things. Ironically, you getting upset by the phrase is a prime example of the sand in your vagina.
      (Also at us ‘forcing him out’ when a few pages ago we were holding him hostage and wouldn’t let him leave)

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
        Those stats are misleading because there were many times he could have had an assist but the receiver didnt convert. And likewise he would have scored more if the team actually serviced him. I never saw any moments in all the Brighton games i watched that he has proper service and didnt score. Yes maybe he missed a few close calls, but they have been very rare cases where he was in those situations. It goes hand in hand with the team and quite honestly a team like Brighton should have never spent 25m on a player like JB. They should have spent that money on a more well known PL player to help them. To spend your highest spending on a player from Eredivise without giving him proper chances was never going to go anywhere. I follow Juventus and even as a big team they give more chances to players than a small team like Brighton has. Although people here arent right to insult the team, but the frustration is its not like other Brighton players are better, and JB is no magician to just pull goals out of nothing....the team needs to help as well.
        There’s so much wrong with this post and I’m tired so I’ll keep it short.

Jahankabash put in 23 crosses and 1 through ball last year. The PL site has him down as creating 0 big chances Whether they were converted or not, that’s a poor amount for over 1000 minutes. Knockaert, who was deemed not good enough on here scored 2 goals, got 6 assists and put in over 100 crosses in 1800 minutes. There is a gulf there. It’s not even arguable.

To say we don’t give players chances is laughable. Our current squad is proof we’re more than happy to give players a chance. Alzate was playing in the fourth tier last season, Connolly was on loan in L1, Webster & Maupay were in the Championship, Trossard from a fairly weak Belgian League. The difference is all of those players have grabbed the chance they were given with both hands, something that for whatever reason Jahankabash didn’t do last season.

Juvenrus give players chances? Haven’t you just sold Kean after 6 goals in 13 games?

Comment

Watched the highlights and ARJ seems pretty much part of the team. Maupay is a great striker. Time for Murray to retire.
          هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
          نگاه میکنید.
          sigpic
          I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Jahankabash put in 23 crosses and 1 through ball last year. The PL site has him down as creating 0 big chances Whether they were converted or not, that’s a poor amount for over 1000 minutes. Knockaert, who was deemed not good enough on here scored 2 goals, got 6 assists and put in over 100 crosses in 1800 minutes. There is a gulf there. It’s not even arguable.

To say we don’t give players chances is laughable. Our current squad is proof we’re more than happy to give players a chance. Alzate was playing in the fourth tier last season, Connolly was on loan in L1, Webster & Maupay were in the Championship, Trossard from a fairly weak Belgian League. The difference is all of those players have grabbed the chance they were given with both hands, something that for whatever reason Jahankabash didn’t do last season.

Juvenrus give players chances? Haven’t you just sold Kean after 6 goals in 13 games?
            So... is Potter just going off ARJ’s performance last year? It seems kind of weird to give all these lower tier players chances in his new system, but completely omit ARJ based on the performances under a different manager. How could Potter have been so sure that all those players you listed had PL quality in his team, and so sure ARJ wouldn’t fit?

I really think your team will be kicking themselves in a couple years. Players that don’t pan out in relegation-fodder teams (let’s be honest, you guys have 2-3 years maximum left in the PL), often do better under teams that aren’t set up to lose. Potter’s tactics will either get stale, or he’ll get picked up by a better team, and this is the story of all 2nd/3rd rate PL teams. ARJ will be playing well in Serie A or Bundesliga in that time + 5 Years. This is all real talk. So many promising players come to teams like Brighton after strong showings in other leagues, “fail” in the EPL, then go tear it up in other leagues. I think that’s an indictment on the PL’s bottom half teams more than the individual players.

Will be happy when ARJ is on a strong team and scoring goals again while Brighton is locking horns with the mighty Luton town (who will probably be in the PL in a few years and think their team is hot **** too while they waste talented players’ careers...)

EDIT: just googled a few lists of best football career revivals, and the vast, vast majority of the lists were players leaving the PL. Not sure why that is... it’s definitely the players though, not the league.

Comment

How can you put through balls or crosses when the other players are standing still??? Go watch the games ARJ featured in last year. He was only provided with service when he was in absolutly no position to make a play and when he had a chance to.make a play the others didnt make any runs for him.
              Heres what happened, ARJ missed the pre season camp last season because he was playing in the world cup then he came to the team with a huge following and a big contract. The rest of these losers who could never accomplish half.of the things ARJ has, didnt accept him as their new star player and refused to play with him. Anybody who knows the sport could see that on the field.
              If you send any of these losers to the eredivise, they would not be able.to put up half the numbers ARJ put up. Name me a player on your pathetic team that could win the golden boot in any of the top tier Euro league?
              "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Im not gonna argue stats that are out of context. The real analysis would be if we sat and judged them one by one. If thats how you compare players then look at some famous players and compare them like that you will be surprised. Football/soccer isnt like baseball or American football where every little stat means something. And many other things on the field arent measured by stats because you cant measure some things. So to overanalyze number of passes and key passes or # of crosses means nothing. Maybe opportunity isnt there to cross...you dont just aimlessly cross. I have seen how these stats are taken and they have their own flaws

I also dont understand your Juventus reference. Kean got his chances despite being a kid on a team with players like Ronaldo, Mandzukic, Dybala, Costa, Bernardeschi, Cuadrado, etc.....so yea manager found ways to get playing time for him despite all that. What Juve chooses to do in transfer market makes no relationship to the example here. They sold kean cuz they got others and they got offered good money.

Comment

It’s a shame, I remember when we signed ARJ. The excitement on the Brighton forum was posted on here and you guys were excited about how excited we were. I’ll always remember how surreal people on here found it when Brighton fans managed to find the private plane he was taking on Flight Tracker and were watching it come in to land, trying to figure out what airport he’d land at if he was signing for Brighton.
                  As a club are we faultless? No, probably not. But there are people on here (and it’s by no means everybody) who have constructed the most amazingly elaborate series of events in their head to absolve everyone but Brighton of any blame. It’s a mixture of so many factors. Hughtons negative football didn’t help, the Iranian national team calling him away as he returned from injury didn’t help, Jahankabash; despite what some people say, never grabbed his chance last season. No matter how you try to rationalise it, 0 goals, 0 assists & only 23 crosses in over 1000 minutes is poor. Less than 40% of shots being on target & less than 70% pass accuracy is also poor. Some of it is bad luck too, if his shot that smashed against the bar against Huddersfield was a foot lower then it’s a massive confidence boost, he plays better and never looks back - his injury problems didn’t help either.
                  All in all, it’s sad it looks like it’s ending this way. Most Brighton fans want nothing more than ARJ to turn things around, but sadly to most on here we’ll be the shit club managed by ‘Pothead’ who should get relegated because we didn’t bend over backwards to make the whole team revolve around one player they liked.
                  jamesh kon boro
                  Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                  O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Ingilisie alkoli mast karde daare dar bareye football nazar mide. Boro jelo boogh bezan.
                    DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

The basis of your argument is stupid. If you don’t want to do points for the entirety of the last season then fine, but the logical thing to do then would be to compare the results from this season with the exact same games last season. For example Watford (A) was 0 points last year & 3 points this year. West Ham (H) was 3 points last year and 1 point this year. If you want a completely fair comparison then that would be the best way to do it. But you don’t want to do it that way because we’ve gained more points than last season if you compare it like that and then who will you cry foul about then?
                      You talk about an unbiased way but don’t want to consider the fact that last season we had a settled squad and manager; and this year we’ve completely changed our style of play which meant a slower start to the season. It’s not rocket science.
                      I’m well aware of what players have been produced in the Dutch league. I never dismissed it, I merely pointed out that there’s a long history of players who have moved from Holland to the Premier League who have failed. It’s a entirely different style of football and it’s not easy to transition. For every Van Persie and Van Nistelrooy there’s an entire army of De Jongs, Tadics, Depays & Kezmans. It doesn’t mean they’re bad players, it just means they aren’t suited to the Prem. Jahankabash will go down in that same pile unless there’s a massive turnaround.
                      I’ve said nothing offensive about Iranian people so I’m not sure how you avoided using “similar derogatory language towards the English“. If you’ve taken the ‘sand in their vagina’ comment as an insult towards Iranians then more fool you. It’s a phrase popularised by the cartoon South Park which is used to describe somebody who gets overly upset about small, insignificant things. Ironically, you getting upset by the phrase is a prime example of the sand in your vagina.
                      (Also at us ‘forcing him out’ when a few pages ago we were holding him hostage and wouldn’t let him leave)
                      OK. Now I have heard it all. We should not judge Potter's performance to a comparable period last year. Instead we should compare his results to a "selection" of results from last year. Ok then.

Yes. I see your point now. If you compare the games that BHA won this year, to the games that BHA lost last year, then the performance has definitely improved!!!
                      Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Originally posted by nisfejahan View Post
                        OK. Now I have heard it all. We should not judge Potter's performance to a comparable period last year. Instead we should compare his results to a "selection" of results from last year. Ok then.

Yes. I see your point now. If you compare the games that BHA won this year, to the games that BHA lost last year, then the performance has definitely improved!!!
                        Before I reply to this absolute train wreck of a post I’m going to ask a genuine question. Are you trolling or suffering from a relatively severe mental handicap? Because that’s the sort of level I got from your last post. If it’s the former than well played; you caught me Hook, Line & Sinker. If it’s the second then I won’t waste my time trying to explain the simple logic of my post that’s apparently flown way over your head. If it’s neither then at least I know that if I explain it like I’m talking to a toddler that we might make some progress.

(Also, well done on being a big enough man to apologise after insinuating I was racist. Oh wait...)

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
                          So... is Potter just going off ARJ’s performance last year? It seems kind of weird to give all these lower tier players chances in his new system, but completely omit ARJ based on the performances under a different manager. How could Potter have been so sure that all those players you listed had PL quality in his team, and so sure ARJ wouldn’t fit?
                          Graham Potter watches the players train 5 times a week, and has done since he took over in August.
                          Do you not think that maybe; just maybe, he bases his team decisions on who performs in training?
                          I really think your team will be kicking themselves in a couple years. Players that don’t pan out in relegation-fodder teams (let’s be honest, you guys have 2-3 years maximum left in the PL)
                          Do you have this weeks lottery numbers by any chance?
                          often do better under teams that aren’t set up to lose. Potter’s tactics will either get stale, or he’ll get picked up by a better team, and this is the story of all 2nd/3rd rate PL teams. ARJ will be playing well in Serie A or Bundesliga in that time + 5 Years. This is all real talk. So many promising players come to teams like Brighton after strong showings in other leagues, “fail” in the EPL, then go tear it up in other leagues. I think that’s an indictment on the PL’s bottom half teams more than the individual players.
                          Will be happy when ARJ is on a strong team and scoring goals again while Brighton is locking horns with the mighty Luton town (who will probably be in the PL in a few years and think their team is hot **** too while they waste talented players’ careers...)
                          EDIT: just googled a few lists of best football career revivals, and the vast, vast majority of the lists were players leaving the PL. Not sure why that is... it’s definitely the players though, not the league.
                          I would actually agree with a lot of this if you took out the stupid little needless digs.
                          Potter will get picked up if he continues to do well. But the people running the club have a remarkably good track record overall and have taken us from 18th in the third division to where we are now. And if we are relegated then oh well. I’ve seen us relegated twice before, along with being promoted 5 times. I’ve seen us play (and lose) to much worse teams than Luton before; and I’ll still be there having a drink and a laugh with my mates, no matter how shit we are.
                          I also agree that a lot of players have excellent careers either side of unsuccessful careers in the Premier League. However there is a host of reasons for this. A jump in quality, the faster tempo and physicality of the Premier League, the demanding schedule, not being a key player anymore, more lenient referees, tabloid press and the pressure that brings, a completely different way of life etc etc. These problems can be magnified when coming from a more technical league where you’re given more room. Italy is another example of a league where a lot of players don’t adjust. It’s nobodies fault, it’s just the nature of football transfers and adjusting.

Comment

Before I reply to this absolute train wreck of a post I’m going to ask a genuine question. Are you trolling or suffering from a relatively severe mental handicap? Because that’s the sort of level I got from your last post. If it’s the former than well played; you caught me Hook, Line & Sinker. If it’s the second then I won’t waste my time trying to explain the simple logic of my post that’s apparently flown way over your head. If it’s neither then at least I know that if I explain it like I’m talking to a toddler that we might make some progress.

(Also, well done on being a big enough man to apologise after insinuating I was racist. Oh wait...)
                            No need to reply to my thread?!! You DO realize that you just did, right?!! Jeezzzz

For a guy whose username is a football club, you are sure clueless about the game of Football. Yes, go ahead and argue that the results this year are somehow much better than last year. If facts are not on your side, then obfuscate.

FACTs:

-- BHAFC has less points than this time last year.
                            -- It has been scored on more than this time last year.
                            -- It has a worse goal difference than this time last year.

Your illusion of a better team than last year is just that. An illusion. Deal with it.

Now feel free to twist yourself into a pretzel arguing otherwise.
                            Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

So Alireza just posted on Instagram from Amsterdam? Is that weird considering Brighton play tomorrow?
                              ballast parcham bi boro bargard refigh negaran nabash bikhod to aslan

Comment

Originally posted by CanadianEh View Post
                                So Alireza just posted on Instagram from Amsterdam? Is that weird considering Brighton play tomorrow?

Probably already told he's not in the squad tomorrow or its an old photo.

Granted, I don't think Amsterdam - London is a long flight.

Comment

Working...
                                X