No announcement yet.

Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy to see him play 15 minutes will give him a confidence looks like he's scared to play to making any mistake he should have go all the way to score a goal 1 game of whole year why can he not risk it all

Comment

He was ok in my opinion. He can be a lot better but made a few silly mistakes giving the ball away and not being confident to be positive in his play. Which I guess is acceptable when you're in his situation of not having played for quite a long time. What didn't help was that when he made a poor pass in the first few mins of coming on, most of the fans moans which indicates how little support he has from the fans and they'd want to see him leave asap.
      Just based on what I saw, propper was the only player other than alzate (who was right behind JB) that was actually looking to play him in etc, there was even a point where propper was pointing to JB where to run towards and as soon he got the ball he turned and found JB on the wing. But JB lacked confidence and cos of it ability to actually take players on and be successful with the dribbles.
      Even though I understand Stephens role, I'm not a fan of how negative he is with a lot of the balls that he receives from the defences just goes backwards towards the defence.

Comment

I think the stadium environment is not helping him, pretty silent and the crowd only shows reactions to small actions rather than chant the team on continuously. That makes it so a player can REALLY hear it when he makes a bad pass etc. Compare that to for example Zenit games where its just constant singing and chanting from the fans so it is easier for players to move on from their mistakes. Really weird place to play.

I'm not going to judge his quality off of that short showing, i already mentioned why (given the circumstances). Had one dangerous cross though and had some linkup with Alzate.
        It's clear to me that Potter heavily values players that are good in retaining possession. You don't see Brighton often go for riskier passes or even dribbles etc.

Comment

Well id be damned he finally featured in league... 30'min too..!! Finally... guess they have to put him in the shop window..!?
          any link to replay of the game ..?

Comment

Poor guy. Went from total confidence in AZ to a totally nervous player in Brighton. The level of nervousness was very obvious today.

My guess is that the coach let him get his first and only 15 minutes because he has finally agreed to go on loan in January! I mean it wasn't like they were leading by 2 goals so the coach would be comfortable giving him trash minutes.

Comment

Pointless to analyze. A few minutes after half a year of not playing in the EPL... what did people expect ?

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                Pointless to analyze. A few minutes after half a year of not playing in the EPL... what did people expect ?
                I agree but his haters and I'd say the majority of Brighton fans (I could be totally wrong) and media will probably be against him for his few bad passes and dribble in that 20 mins he played. They won't see the point that the guy hasn't played a match properly in so long and they would bash him for not doing anything like scoring or assisting in that 20 mins. (Even though he did create a chance with a cross, not the best cross but still)

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                  Man It cracks me up to see IQ 15 brighton fans who cant tell their asshole from their mouth in a footballing sense say that ARJ got a chance but didnt take it, speaking as if the other players really have been tremendous. Team is with or without ARJ hovering just above relegation zone. The people playing in his place, Conolly has done well with 3 goals which is good contribution for young player, the rest...? Trossard with two goals and groß with 1 goal and 2 assists. That means collectively with 40+ ish games betweeen them so far this season, a group of Alzate, Conolly, Murray, Trossard, and Groß have 5 goals more than ARJ who has played ZERO minutes.
                  In 552 minutes of football Trossard has 2 goals & 2 assists (3 if you include his cross that lead to an own goal). Connolly has 2 goals & won a penalty in 563 minutes. Alzate has been playing at RB & LB; stupid to include him in that group. Murray has hardly played this year, another weird person to add. Groß has been poor this year, but still has one of the highest chances created per minute in the Prem and has a goal and 2 assists. All in all, a weird selection of players to talk about.

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                  yet these players are supposedly so much better than ARJ that he doesnt deserve to even get on the bench. The same ARJ that they were willing to pay 20 mil for, the same ARJ that had other suitors of far superior quality to brighton, same arj that finished as top scorer and top assists maker in the same season in the netherlands . I dont think any of these brighton players could match that feat. remember, eridisivie may be very weak but still none of the ajax or PSV players (Neres, Luuk de Jong, Lozano, Bergwijn, etc, etc- top rated players who have transferred to big clubs) were close to ARJ that year and he was unanimously voted best player in the division, not just a lucky tap in merchant.
                  The Dutch league is well known in England for being a risky place to sign players from. There are dozens of examples of players who have done brilliantly in Holland and flopped in England. He did well in Holland, brilliant. Doesn’t translate to good performances in the Prem. Ask Alfonso Alves, or Janssen... or Kezman... or Altidore... or Siem De Jong.

Originally posted by nisfejahan View Post
                  Utter nonsense.

As myself and many others have stated, the beef we have with Potter and BHAFC is that they are ruining his career. You do not fancy him. FINE. You made a mistake in signing him. FINE. At least recuperate some of the money you spent by letting him go. Do not just sit on him and his career to force him out.
                  You must have felt pretty stupid reading the posts after this where it became clear ARJ wanted to stay and it’s down to him that he’s still here?

And no, he did not get a fair shot. He played ZERO minutes in EPL. How is that a fair chance?!!
                  Can you post where I said he had got a ‘fair shot’? (Hint: I didn’t)

I said he was given a chance in the League Cup. Which he did. He started the game, I was there and he didn’t take that chance. Connolly scored on his first professional
                  Start. Alzate caused Bristol Rovers all sorts of problems. ARJ was anonymous against a L1 team. He didn’t grab the chance with both hands, other players did and they leapfrogged him.

And regarding Potter and "Potterball". How is that working out? A few weeks ago I said you BHA fans should enjoy being in the mid-table, because soon you will be fighting relegation. Now you are sitting in 16th place, just 3 point off relegation (and by the way 3 points less than you had this time last year under the coach that was fired!!!). The level of mental gymnastics BHA fans go through to pretend that Potter is having a good season is what's really hilarious!!!

Remember this post:
                  I’m loving Potter and Potterball. As much as people on here like to say we’ve been rubbish and useless and blah blah blah I’ve actually thoroughly enjoyed watching us play possession based football and actually attack teams. It hasn’t always worked out but I’m loving this season. If you’ve watched our games and can’t see the improvement in the performances compared to the end of last season then you’re blinded by petty hate

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                  I call BS on that ..!
                  No Unbiased and Fair person can claim that ARJ has been given a fair shot of making it this season in Pothead's team this season ..!
                  outside the one pre-season friendly, from my recollection he only played partly in 1-2? cup game and in he was directly involved in the goal the connoly scored(it was his dribble and shot that got deflected into the path of connoly for relatively easy put away 1v1 with keeper ). that goal won you the game and sent BHA through to next round that BHA lost (with ARJ excluded once again) and crashed outa of the cup much earlier than last season under the ultra conservative hughton..!

it's pretty evident by now that ARJ hasnt been in Pothead's plans and the Club and Coach have just been trying all season to frustrate him into accepting a pay-cut or monetary concession of sort, in order to be able to offload him elsewhere..!
                  I dont blame Ali one bit for not wanting to accept it and standing resolute in his efforts to not take a huge demotion in his pay and career trajectory so damn soon ..!

If BHA foolishly want him that badly gone then they better $uck up the losses from their earlier signing gamble and loan him off as soon as possible and or keep him in status quo and let their lo$$es further mount up .... simple as that..!
                  FTB Ali still has the leverage in current situation over BHA .....! even next season (upon accepting a huge pay-cut) Ali is more than capable of garnering another decent EU club move as an EPL reject... while the longer BHA continue their ignorant frustration tactics against him the more more money they stand to loose from his foreseeable departure..!
                  I was at the Bristol Rovers game and I want every Brighton player to do well. I’d love to see Jahankabash to come good, I really would. However he was anonymous against Bristol Rovers. A scuffed shot that deflected in to Connollys path is just that. If you want to make that in to him being a great player then fine, but you’re being incredibly biased.

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                  Brighton fans like BHAFC rather have a blind horse like Solly March play every game just because he’s a domestic “talent”. What an utter nonsense this guy is spewing.
                  This would be a great point if it wasn’t for the fact I don’t want March anywhere near the squad. He’s weak with little end product. In fact a lot of Brighton fans feel the same way. Some are blinded by the fact that he’s a local lad... but come on. Look at this thread. It’s hardly like we’re the only people who do that, is it?

Comment

He didn't play because he's going out on loan. If Potter genuinely did not believe in him which I think is the case he wouldn't give him minutes in which he's unlikely to perform to encourage suitors. at 2-2 with Wolves who have been on an amazing run, Potter went for the win and brought him and Murray on in December when the schedules are very tight and every coach always seems to rotate. Even if he had played 90 mins tonight we all already know that he is not wanted by Potter. I did not watch the game but it seems that he did nothing extraordinary. He will move back to Holland in Jan in probably a mid talble team, hopefully get his confidence back and depending on BHA's season (I doubt they will get relegated, they play good enough to finish 10th or so)either come back or move permanently to the team who goes on loan to. Best of luck to him.
                    چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد
                    We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

Cant wait for this shithole club to get relagated.
                      "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

i think we "may" see AJB feature over the xmas period where they play a lot of games over a couple of weeks...

... fingers crossed

Comment

Originally posted by BHAFC View Post
                          In 552 minutes of football Trossard has 2 goals & 2 assists (3 if you include his cross that lead to an own goal). Connolly has 2 goals & won a penalty in 563 minutes. Alzate has been playing at RB & LB; stupid to include him in that group. Murray has hardly played this year, another weird person to add. Groß has been poor this year, but still has one of the highest chances created per minute in the Prem and has a goal and 2 assists. All in all, a weird selection of players to talk about.

The Dutch league is well known in England for being a risky place to sign players from. There are dozens of examples of players who have done brilliantly in Holland and flopped in England. He did well in Holland, brilliant. Doesn’t translate to good performances in the Prem. Ask Alfonso Alves, or Janssen... or Kezman... or Altidore... or Siem De Jong.

You must have felt pretty stupid reading the posts after this where it became clear ARJ wanted to stay and it’s down to him that he’s still here?

Can you post where I said he had got a ‘fair shot’? (Hint: I didn’t)

I said he was given a chance in the League Cup. Which he did. He started the game, I was there and he didn’t take that chance. Connolly scored on his first professional
                          Start. Alzate caused Bristol Rovers all sorts of problems. ARJ was anonymous against a L1 team. He didn’t grab the chance with both hands, other players did and they leapfrogged him.

I’m loving Potter and Potterball. As much as people on here like to say we’ve been rubbish and useless and blah blah blah I’ve actually thoroughly enjoyed watching us play possession based football and actually attack teams. It hasn’t always worked out but I’m loving this season. If you’ve watched our games and can’t see the improvement in the performances compared to the end of last season then you’re blinded by petty hate

I was at the Bristol Rovers game and I want every Brighton player to do well. I’d love to see Jahankabash to come good, I really would. However he was anonymous against Bristol Rovers. A scuffed shot that deflected in to Connollys path is just that. If you want to make that in to him being a great player then fine, but you’re being incredibly biased.

This would be a great point if it wasn’t for the fact I don’t want March anywhere near the squad. He’s weak with little end product. In fact a lot of Brighton fans feel the same way. Some are blinded by the fact that he’s a local lad... but come on. Look at this thread. It’s hardly like we’re the only people who do that, is it?
                          Thanks for literally restating the stats I posted. Its not really a weird selection of player to talk about. The SS,Wingers that are playing instead of ARJ. I havent watched every BHAFC match this year ( I know right, crucify me but Id rather watch paint dry). All in all I am counting 9 goal contributions from the numbers you just posted. Whatever you think of ARJ you have to admit those are not strong numbers from a group of 4-5 players to produce.

Anyways, I dont think ARJ can be part of the solution anymore either. Brighton have literally shat on him in a mental sense so badly he looks like a shadow of the player he was (even if you think dutch league is weak, the players you mentioned were all tap in strikers. None of them led the league in both goals and assists. Janssen was literally ARJs teammate and arj was making him look much better than he actually was).

The reality, whether you are willing to accept or not thats your business, Brighton players who have played instead of ARJ have not done so much better than him to justify him getting 15 mins of football all season. By statistics metrics, general performance alone, that is simply not a case that you can argue seriously.

A much more reasonable argument would be to say, listen, we fucked up. We got a player who would never fit our system, never trusted him fully or put reasonable pieces around him, got mad at him when he couldnt execute in a system that is the complete opposite to what he has been used to be playing, and now have shot his confidence to absolute bits. As a result of this he is not a player who can contribute meaningfully to the team and it is better we cut our losses. That would be a reasonable analysis.

Not that arj is faultless, he chose a team that is crappy match and doesnt understand his footballing talents or strengths at all or doesnt give a shit about them. Additionally, he wasnt strong enough mentally to deal with the fuckery brighton were doing to him on that end, if he had the balls he would say fuck you brighton and gtfo, or when he would play he would be confdient in his own abilities regardless of lack of playing time, etc. Instead he began doubting himself in every possession and forgetting how to do the basics.

If you want a step by step manual on how to destroy a footballer, Brighton have provided it with ARJ. And this is coming from somebody who was aware of ARJs limitations in the first place and never thought for one second he could cut it in EPL!

Comment

Che ajab lol.. Wow..

Everyone clap for Mr. Potter please.

👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼
                            👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼
                            👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼
                            👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼
                            👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Wow.. just wow. Lol.

Sell our player, we don’t want him in your club.

Comment

It's funny BHA fans here were saying Potter is getting unexpectedly good results while playing attacking football. When it was pointed out to them that BHA has scored less than they did last year, and they have fewer points, they are now saying Potter is playing "attractive" football. Which is it?!!!

If passing the ball aimlessly just for the sake of passing it is "attractive" football, yeahhh, then they really are playing "attractive" football.

Someone should mention to BHA fans and Potter, that possession % or number of passes is a meaningless stat. The only stat that counts is how many games you win!!! Tough concept to comprehend, I know. But it is really true!!
                              Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

It's funny BHA fans here were saying Potter is getting unexpectedly good results while playing attacking football. When it was pointed out to them that BHA has scored less than they did last year, and they have fewer points, they are now saying Potter is playing "attractive" football. Which is it?!!!
                                If passing the ball aimlessly just for the sake of passing it is "attractive" football, yeahhh, then they really are playing "attractive" football.
                                Someone should mention to BHA fans and Potter, that possession % or number of passes is a meaningless stat. The only stat that counts is how many games you win!!! Tough concept to comprehend, I know. But it is really true!!
                                So far this season compared to last season we’ve
                                Averaged more goals per game (11th highest scorers this year compared to 17th)
                                Conceded fewer goals per game (1.5 v 1.57)
                                Averaged more points per game (1.18 v 0.94)
                                Picked up more points then in the corresponding fixtures from last year (16 v 14)
                                Averaged more shots per game (8th rather than 19th)
                                We’re also well on course for winning more games over the season.

As for not playing “attractive” football, we all know that if some of the passing/movement we’ve displayed in recent games featured Jahankabash then it would be used as proof on here that he’s our best player, has to start every week etc etc.The triangles of passing before the Alzate turn against Arsenal is a prime example

Anyway. Are you (or any of the other “Brighton are rubbish/getting relegated idiots”) willing to put your money where your rather large mouth is?

I am willing to offer a bet/deal to anybody willing to take it. Name your price. If Brighton finish on more points than last season and stay up then you have to donate whatever you were willing to gamble to a charity of my choice. If we get relegated or finish with less points than I will donate DOUBLE whatever your bet to either a charity of your choice or I’ll just give you the money if that’s what you want.
                                Seeming we only just stayed up last season, and are worse this season apparently then I’ll expect a queue of people lining up to take my money. That is unless of course deep down the minority of vocal idiots on here actually know they’re talking rubbish because they’ve let the “unfair” treatment of an Iranian player cloud their judgment and now they’re talking with Sandy vaginas and damp eyes.

I won’t hold my breath.

Comment

Working...
                                X