No announcement yet.

Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When a team signs a young player to a 3+ year contract, then they should give him plenty of opportunities to perform. He hasn't even played a season worth of games yet. You've made the investment, see what the guy got. ESPECIALLY when you're a low tiered team!

Comment

hopefully they find him a good loanee club this winter .... otherwise he should stick it out till summer and then only accept a pay-cut if an alluring EU team is interested in him a la PSV last time around..!!
      no sense in him to take a demotion in Pay and in Caliber of a new club/league ...... he certainly wouldnt deserve that ..!

Comment

Originally posted by persian_pooya View Post
        If it's a pile of rubbish then what would be an accurate assessment in your opinion? Potter mentioned after the first couple league games that, "Jahanbaksh is outside the 18, but close to be being in the starting 11" and more recently he made similar comments. Yet he has been left out of the squad entirely for the majority of the league matches.

So his statements about Jahanbaksh have seemed to be just fluff otherwise he would have played some minutes by now. I much rather Potter just come out and Say Jahanbaksh is not in his plans so that Jahanbakhsh can find a new club and not allow his career to further stagnate at Brighton. If this trend continues then it will be very unfair in hindsight that Jahanbaksh wasn't told to find a new club in the summer and instead encouraged to stay.
        Maybe signalling that post out was unfair, but it’s just a brilliant example of the massive confirmation bias that some people on here have.

At first it was Hughtons fault for not playing Jahankabash. Then he played a few games and didn’t score so now it was the rubbish formation and football (I agreed it was shocking last year) that were the problem! No winger could score goals in this stupid formation! Then Knockaert, March & even Locadia added goals or assists so we couldn’t use that as an excuse anymore. So then it was all that players disliked him; probably because he’s the record transfer. Our players are jealous of how good he is and won’t pass him the ball. Then he’s dropped again and Hughton is anti-Iran. Then this season our new record signings have no problems, the players likely to cause trouble/arguments are gone, there’s a manager who has worked with Iranian players before & ARJ still can’t get a game so another excuse was needed. It’s just relentless; it seems now our other players aren’t good enough to play with him again. Eden Hazards backup isn’t good enough to play with ARJ. A Dutch international isn’t good enough to play with ARJ. It’s hilarious.

However, despite all that I never thought I’d see the day where a manager was slagged off for giving a polite stock response about a player who isn’t playing. If Potter had ignored the question he was asked about ARJ then people on here would have moaned. If Potter had came out and said “he’s not part of my plans, he’ll be gone as soon as we can get rid of him.” people
        on here would have moaned.

The mental gymnastics from some on here to make sure Ali J is completely clear of blame is hilarious. Potter has given every player here a chance; players who are even more out of the first team picture than ARJ have had chances. Dan Burn grabbed his chance and now plays every week, Schelotto performed in training and got on the bench, Connolly & Alzate jumped from youth team to first team due to a good performance in the cup. Jahankabash played in that cup game and did next to nothing.

Sometimes players just don’t work out at certain clubs, but the amount of shit that some (I’d like to stress some. There are some posters with their head screwed on) people talk on here has reached laughable levels.

Comment

Harja ke bere JB barmigarde chon zehniyate BESYAAR khobi daare, manande Mahdavikia.

Hala dar nime fasle ayande, ya fasle ayande, man aslan negaran nistam. JB kamelan herfei ast.

Houghton parsaal chans avord ke teamhaaye raghib dar fasle bahaar amalkarde besyaar zaifi dashtand, agar na miraftan lige saste yek.

Emsaale ham Potter bayad omidesh in bashaad ke in ettefaagh biyoftad. Dar Swansea amalkarde badi nadaasht, amma PL yek chize digari ast.
          DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Originally posted by BHAFC View Post
            Maybe signalling that post out was unfair, but it’s just a brilliant example of the massive confirmation bias that some people on here have.

At first it was Hughtons fault for not playing Jahankabash. Then he played a few games and didn’t score so now it was the rubbish formation and football (I agreed it was shocking last year) that were the problem! No winger could score goals in this stupid formation! Then Knockaert, March & even Locadia added goals or assists so we couldn’t use that as an excuse anymore. So then it was all that players disliked him; probably because he’s the record transfer. Our players are jealous of how good he is and won’t pass him the ball. Then he’s dropped again and Hughton is anti-Iran. Then this season our new record signings have no problems, the players likely to cause trouble/arguments are gone, there’s a manager who has worked with Iranian players before & ARJ still can’t get a game so another excuse was needed. It’s just relentless; it seems now our other players aren’t good enough to play with him again. Eden Hazards backup isn’t good enough to play with ARJ. A Dutch international isn’t good enough to play with ARJ. It’s hilarious.

However, despite all that I never thought I’d see the day where a manager was slagged off for giving a polite stock response about a player who isn’t playing. If Potter had ignored the question he was asked about ARJ then people on here would have moaned. If Potter had came out and said “he’s not part of my plans, he’ll be gone as soon as we can get rid of him.” people

The mental gymnastics from some on here to make sure Ali J is completely clear of blame is hilarious. Potter has given every player here a chance; players who are even more out of the first team picture than ARJ have had chances. Dan Burn grabbed his chance and now plays every week, Schelotto performed in training and got on the bench, Connolly & Alzate jumped from youth team to first team due to a good performance in the cup. Jahankabash played in that cup game and did next to nothing.

Sometimes players just don’t work out at certain clubs, but the amount of shit that some (I’d like to stress some. There are some posters with their head screwed on) people talk on here has reached laughable levels.
            Utter nonsense.

As myself and many others have stated, the beef we have with Potter and BHAFC is that they are ruining his career. You do not fancy him. FINE. You made a mistake in signing him. FINE. At least recuperate some of the money you spent by letting him go. Do not just sit on him and his career to force him out.

This last bit of having him play in U-23 and then subbing him off, and not even having him in the squad for next EPL game is just confirmation that BHA is just being dicks to him to force him out. Plain and simple.

And no, he did not get a fair shot. He played ZERO minutes in EPL. How is that a fair chance?!!

And regarding Potter and "Potterball". How is that working out? A few weeks ago I said you BHA fans should enjoy being in the mid-table, because soon you will be fighting relegation. Now you are sitting in 16th place, just 3 point off relegation (and by the way 3 points less than you had this time last year under the coach that was fired!!!). The level of mental gymnastics BHA fans go through to pretend that Potter is having a good season is what's really hilarious!!!

Remember this post:

Originally posted by nisfejahan View Post
            Fans of "Potterball" brace yourself. Now that BHA has completed playing against the bottom dwellers, they have to play against some real teams.

Remember the 4 wins were against team that had a combined record of 8-12-24 until last week.

NEXT UP..... LC.

Lets see how aimlessly passing the ball in your own half works out for the rest of the season. Of course, you can think of this as a preparation season for winning the EFL next year.
            Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

In a fantasy land, ARJ gets sold to the bundesliga but loaned to Crystal Palace so he can exact revenge

Comment

LOL yeah man. I couldn't agree more. Welcome to the delusional state of Iranian football fans.

Just look at all the goals Jahanbakhsh scored in the Netherlands - Most of them were due to terrible defending or terrible mistakes by the keeper. - His numbers were greatly inflated due to the poor quality of the league, so his numbers in that league barely count for anything and he hasn't proved himself in EPL, simple as that.

If he was going to add something to the game, he would get time on the field, especially due to the fact he costed a lot. Let's be realistic, and not act like everyone / everything is against our players when they don't get game time.

Comment

What BHA are doing doesn't make sense from a business perspective and I'm juts genuinely interested in the logic behind it.

They spent a lot of money on Jahanbakhsh - if things continue like this then they just wasted the best part of 20 million. And yes he has been a disappointment.

Surely it makes sense to loan him out to a Dutch team like AZ where he is still seen in high regard, pay for 50-90% of his weekly salary and get him back in the shop window. Then the chances of being able to sell him (albeit at a massive loss) becomes higher, compared to not being able to sell him at all and having a huge loss and salary to pay for a few years.

Surely BHA would want 5 million or something for him, rather than zero? Or is the club flush with cash and can afford to write this off without any issues?

Comment

Jahankabash played in that cup game and did next to nothing.

I call BS on that ..!
                    No Unbiased and Fair person can claim that ARJ has been given a fair shot of making it this season in Pothead's team this season ..!
                    outside the one pre-season friendly, from my recollection he only played partly in 1-2? cup game and in he was directly involved in the goal the connoly scored(it was his dribble and shot that got deflected into the path of connoly for relatively easy put away 1v1 with keeper ). that goal won you the game and sent BHA through to next round that BHA lost (with ARJ excluded once again) and crashed outa of the cup much earlier than last season under the ultra conservative hughton..!

it's pretty evident by now that ARJ hasnt been in Pothead's plans and the Club and Coach have just been trying all season to frustrate him into accepting a pay-cut or monetary concession of sort, in order to be able to offload him elsewhere..!
                    I dont blame Ali one bit for not wanting to accept it and standing resolute in his efforts to not take a huge demotion in his pay and career trajectory so damn soon ..!

If BHA foolishly want him that badly gone then they better $uck up the losses from their earlier signing gamble and loan him off as soon as possible and or keep him in status quo and let their lo$$es further mount up .... simple as that..!
                    FTB Ali still has the leverage in current situation over BHA .....! even next season (upon accepting a huge pay-cut) Ali is more than capable of garnering another decent EU club move as an EPL reject... while the longer BHA continue their ignorant frustration tactics against him the more more money they stand to loose from his foreseeable departure..!

Comment

you do realise that AliReza ONLY played 3x 90 minutes on his natural position @YOUR CLUB?
                      you do realise that last year YOUR CLUB was playing the most defensive game possible, something that doesn't suit AliReza ONE BIT?
                      In total, AliReza got 11 games (only 3x 90 minutes!) in which he had 594 minutes (average of 54 minutes a game) on his natural position?

YOUR CLUB was the worst thing that could happen to AlliReza and he still tries to make the most of it. After breaking someones will like YOUR CLUB has done last season & he doesn't get ANY realistic chance to show himself, what can you expect??

I for one hope not ONE more Iranian EVER makes a move to EPL.
                      Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                      O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Brighton fans like BHAFC rather have a blind horse like Solly March play every game just because he’s a domestic “talent”. What an utter nonsense this guy is spewing.

Comment

I think its fair to say he hasn’t taken the chances hes been given, but hes been given barely any chances! He took a huge step up into the EPL and his season was interrupted like crazy last year with injuries and Asian Cup. He hasn’t been given any chances under Potter. What makes me mad is its like he gets one opportunity and if he doesnt perform like a superstar he is done, yet players like Gross, March, Bissouma, Montoya etc, can come out and have multiple shockers but are still in the picture.

It happens to many players. I always point to Iheanacho at Leicester as a prime example, Ozil is another, but it is clear Potter just doesnt like Alireza for whatever reason and is not willing to give him a chance to adapt. IMHO Alireza is nowhere near the worst player in their squad and he very well could have found his feet, but to us, as Iranians, it appears BHA are trying to force his hand and leave on his own and relieve BHA of the financial burden. This is why Iranians are pissed off and hate BHA. You can deny it all you want but to me it is clear now this is what is happening and it a big time *ick move. Alireza should grow some balls and call the club out for what they are doing.

The bashing for Potter is unfair as I think he has done well with the team this year, and the continuous reference to alirezas “assist” in the cup game is also ridiculous because it was a fluke, but you still cannot deny the shady crap BHA are pulling, and for that reason I wish them nothing but relentless failure.
                          ballast parcham bi boro bargard refigh negaran nabash bikhod to aslan

Comment

Originally posted by pajamNL View Post
                            you do realise that AliReza ONLY played 3x 90 minutes on his natural position @YOUR CLUB?

you do realise that last year YOUR CLUB was playing the most defensive game possible, something that doesn't suit AliReza ONE BIT?

In total, AliReza got 11 games (only 3x 90 minutes!) in which he had 594 minutes (average of 54 minutes a game) on his natural position?

YOUR CLUB was the worst thing that could happen to AlliReza and he still tries to make the most of it. After breaking someones will like YOUR CLUB has done last season & he doesn't get ANY realistic chance to show himself, what can you expect??

I for one hope not ONE more Iranian EVER makes a move to EPL.

He didn't get to play in his natural position because either A) he wasn't good enough to take someone else's place or B) due to brighton formation

He chose to join club that plays defensively and barely survives the EPL, so this shouldn't be a surprise. Also, if he can't contribute at all, unless his team is playing a specific style, with a specific position for him, then it's not Brighton's fault lollll - Come on guys, stop being so emotional and think rationally instead.

He didn't get many minutes because of the factors above, and he simply isn't good enough or versatile enough. It sucks to admit it, because i like him and want TM players to succeed everywhere, but you just have to be more objective and realize that our players are not world class, and will simply not be good enough sometimes. - This is OK to admit, instead of coming up with theories that have no factual evidence behind them.

Comment

playing 3x 90 minutes on your natural position, in a team tactic that is only giving him room to defend, defend and more defending & then some say he didn't take the chances he got
                              Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                              O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Originally posted by CanadianEh View Post
                                The bashing for Potter is unfair as I think he has done well with the team this year, and the continuous reference to alirezas “assist” in the cup game is also ridiculous because it was a fluke, but you still cannot deny the shady crap BHA are pulling, and for that reason I wish them nothing but relentless failure.
                                Am I missing something??

How EXACTLY has Potter done well with this team?!!!! They have 3 less points than this time last season. The coach last season was FIRED!!

You can say, Potter may do well with this team later in the season. You can say, he has the potential of doing well in the future. But the results up to now are WORSE than last year. Plain and simple.
                                Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Working...
                                X