Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elnino99 View Post
    I know it's easy to hate on Potter because of his treatment of JB.
    But Brighton were pretty decent today after the first 30 mins. Unlucky not to get a draw. Passed us off the park in the second half.
    We are playing some true garbage lately, no idea how we're 11 points clear, but I ain't complaining. So much room for improvement.
    The sign of a great team is to win even while playing like garbage. Brighton wasn’t good, it was Liverpool which played really poorly.
    Last edited by Nokhodi; 11-30-2019, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Tbf their possession & passing stats are off the chart this season as opposed to last & rather impressive for a club of their stature, however the achilles heel of pothead football this season has also been their over-passing & sever lack of offensive intent & direct play in the final 3rd of the pitch...! They wear themselves off with useless running & passing the ball around harmlessly in middle of the pitch & then they get smashed with a quick counter goal.
      Oddly that’s the one area of strength for Alireza ..! He’s almost too direct & perhaps even too trigger happy on quickly offloading hopeful shots & sending of hopeful through balls ..!
      imo that’s exactly what the current BHA tactics are missing out on ...! A bit of intent & sense adventure in the final 3rd of the pitch rather then keep over-passing themselves into defensive traps which results in frequent giveaways once they tire-out, that lead to conceding on the break @ the other end & narrowly loosing yet another match where they dominate possession & play an overall impressive football, but with no end result. ..!
      Last edited by BacheLot; 11-30-2019, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
        that guy is really awful...In all highlights I have seen from brighton this season he makes the most braindead defensive plays. Somehow if you ask the brighton fans they say hes their best player of the season...goes to show their level of football understanding lol
        It's actually mind boggling... Him and Dale Stephens.. Never in my life have I seen an EPL team love hyping up a 3rd tier English level midfielder in my life before

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
          It's actually mind boggling... Him and Dale Stephens.. Never in my life have I seen an EPL team love hyping up a 3rd tier English level midfielder in my life before
          "Ooo ya... ya know they get stuck EN tootha match! Absolute workhorses they are!"

(Brighton fan with Mayelikohan understanding of the game"

Comment

is it me or are those replacing AJB not scoring either? And above that, both of them are much older too.
            this coach is a joke!
            Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
            O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

alireza becomes dreamingly rich on the bench and money comes in

I can also sit on the bench at Brighton for £17 millions and watch all the games not bad att all. That is why Alireza don"t want a move to other club

Comment

yes and how stupid of BHA to not give him the opportunity to shine and sell him on. instead they just see the money going out

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

Comment

One of the things about Potter that really confuses me is how he has said time and time again, "I have spent most of my career on the bench, so I know how Ali feels."

My reply to that is, OK SO WHAT? so Potter is saying either 1) he sucked so he was benched 2) he good but was never given a chance

so if it happened to him, then it should happen to ARJ, because that is the way life and soccer works?

this argument is as flawed and repulsive and toxic as a father saying "i've been an alcoholic my whole life, so it's okay for my son to be an alcoholic too, I know how it feels."

For me, Potter has some internal emotional PTSD from benching players that are worthy, as a form of self projection of his own "benched" career and he is trying to justify his career with this young and talented star ARJ.

For me, Potter should be sacked. Brighton is heading towards relegation, and the owners of the team got super excited that Brighton beat Tottenham 3-0 back in October and the result is now a DISASTER

Potter needs a new therapist
                  ARJ needs a new coach

Comment

Alireza has no future in Brighton. The club decided to create a situation to make him leave the club soon. He is not even on the bench....it seems the coach and club do not want him, and make him feel it, to leave for another club. in my opinion he should go to Holland again, PSV Eindhoven, Alkmaar or Ajax Amsterdam, if he can manage his form somehow...
                    World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper
                    sigpic

And on the 8.Day God created Ali Karimi, and he saw he was good!
                    If Defenders were allowed to use their hands to stop Karimi
                    -

Comment

To those who consistently watch Bundesliga, is Hertha Berlin an option or fit?

Comment

hertha will be relegated with klinsmann the boz.

Comment

Originally posted by KarimiMan48 View Post
                          One of the things about Potter that really confuses me is how he has said time and time again, "I have spent most of my career on the bench, so I know how Ali feels."

For me, Potter has some internal emotional PTSD from benching players that are worthy, as a form of self projection of his own "benched" career and he is trying to justify his career with this young and talented star ARJ.

Potter needs a new therapist
                          ARJ needs a new coach
                          Yeah you nailed it. He is like the pedophile who was abused as a child. He gets a kick out of benching players who are good but can do it to and get away with it like Ali. He would not get away doing that to any other players. They would kick his arse hard.
                          هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                          نگاه میکنید.
                          sigpic
                          I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Jahanbakhsh has still 3 1/2 years left on his contract, maybe a half year loan would be a good option for now. I was actually thinkin a loan to Charleroi would be amazin. They play fluid football and a very good season so far, have an iranian owner and he would have 3 countrymen by his side. I think he really could gain his confidence back there and possibly move to another team in summer. Brighton paid an amount of 19 milion € for him and they probably wont even get half the amount back if they sell him right now.

Comment

his continued freeze-out anymore defies Football/Coaching logic..!
                              anymore i suspect that the decision to frustrate him into leaving the club has been handed from above the coach..!!
                              Pothead is just running outa legit excuses to explain Ali's continued absence and sounding more and more ridiculous in the media with his explanations of Alireza's situation..!!
                              again i suggest ARJ to hold resolute in his current path..!! that is well in excess of what can be expected of him to do professionally...!!
                              BHA's league standings isnt looking likely to improve anytime too soon and leverage is shifting to his corner with each continued loss and the club will soon be forced to cave in sooner than later and play him..!! and so what if they don't .... it makes very little difference for him to rush his search for an alternate club in this winter or summer... may as well hang in there till summer and see how things develop..!

Comment

He can't just walk into Bundesliga not having played/performed for 18 months at a weak prem side. The level isn't that different.

A good team in a weaker league would be best. Benfica, Porto, PSV, Feyenoord, Zenit all would be great options if they would take him. Even mid table Ligue 1 sides would be good.

Comment

Working...
                                X