Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
    I have mentioned before about the under 23 games. The only thing I can think is that they want him not to get injured in order for him to leave in January.
    The complete under 23 team have gone on loan to lower league clubs or foreign clubs for this season and will be looking for a place in the first team squad next season. The rest of the under 23 squad are 19 or under. Loans coming back or finding new clubs are Knockaert, Andone, Locadia, Percy Tau.

I thought injured players coming back to fitness could have a run out in the reserves in the EFL Trophy against lower league first teams.

Comment

Heaven forbid Potter use ARJ and he has a good showing and completely unravel Potters understanding of his potential.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
        Heaven forbid Potter use ARJ and he has a good showing and completely unravel Potters understanding of his potential.
        ^ that is a good point. They would look really stupid if ARJ plays in U23 and shines.
        .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

Comment

Originally posted by khodam View Post
          ^ that is a good point. They would look really stupid if ARJ plays in U23 and shines.
          Playing for a makeshift BHA under 19 side might be seen as an insult tonight.

Lorent Tolaj was playing for Switzerland under 19 in goalscoring form.

Comment

^ Not sure what your point is. Please explain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

^ Not sure what your point is. Please explain.
              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              If Alireza Jahanbakhsh is match fit and training with the first team in England he has an evens chance of making the squad. It really depends if the youngster Connolly is match fit or not? Connolly was not fit enough to play for Ireland on Monday.

Two of the subs will be strikers and Murray is the only one fit if Solly March starts. This is crucial to his future at Brighton. Last chance really. There might be another chance against Sheff United. Winger/second striker role. There are no other first team squad forwards fit.

Comment

Seems like it's not only our boy ARJ who got short changed

Andone: I deserved to play more, I lost my confidence and I don’t want to go back to Brighton

Florin Andone has no desire to return to Brighton and has blamed the club for not giving him enough playing time and sapping his confidence.

The Romanian says he wants to stay on loan to Galatasaray for the rest of the season.

Andone joined the Turkish club at the start of September, just before the transfer window closed.

Galatasaray paid a £625,000 loan fee for the 26-year-old. They are also covering all of his £45,000 a week wages.

Brighton have a recall option in January, but Andone would rather remain in Turkey after nine Premier League starts since arriving from Spanish club Deportivo La Coruna last summer.

He told The Athletic: “I expected to play much more. I thought I was going to be more important in the team. I think sometimes I deserved to play more.

“I couldn’t control that. When you have just one chance to play, you feel as though you have to be the best player in the team and to score

https://theathletic.com/1223394/2019...k-to-brighton/

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                  Seems like it's not only our boy ARJ who got short changed

Andone: I deserved to play more, I lost my confidence and I don’t want to go back to Brighton

Florin Andone has no desire to return to Brighton and has blamed the club for not giving him enough playing time and sapping his confidence.

The Romanian says he wants to stay on loan to Galatasaray for the rest of the season.

Andone joined the Turkish club at the start of September, just before the transfer window closed.

Galatasaray paid a £625,000 loan fee for the 26-year-old. They are also covering all of his £45,000 a week wages.

Brighton have a recall option in January, but Andone would rather remain in Turkey after nine Premier League starts since arriving from Spanish club Deportivo La Coruna last summer.

He told The Athletic: “I expected to play much more. I thought I was going to be more important in the team. I think sometimes I deserved to play more.

“I couldn’t control that. When you have just one chance to play, you feel as though you have to be the best player in the team and to score

https://theathletic.com/1223394/2019...k-to-brighton/
                  There is a counter post saying Andone has been misquoted. It reads with a certain degree of credence though. Anyrate, Andone is injured and out of the reckoning for the rest of the season. Potter said before the injury that he wants him back.

https://www.tribalfootball.com/artic...return-4301333

https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/180...erious-injury/

Fellow Romanian, the youngster Tudor Băluță cannot get into the first team squad, but played two games for the national team over the weekend. MOM for Romania against Sweden. He had the opportunity to go put on loan but wanted to stay and try to get into the Albion first team. I think it is the same with all Premier League sides. (e.g. Calvert-lewin at Everton)

Alzate got one a bit games for Colombia as well. I do not know if the internationals make it more less likely they will make the squad on Saturday. I think being midfielders makes it probable that they will not play and one may not make the 18.

Comment

PS: Andone has himself to blame as just as he was doing OK, he missed nine games with three separate suspensions. He managed that in 26 appearances. Once may be unlucky, but three times in less than a season of games?

He started well with goals in his first two starts, followed by a solo goal against Palace.

Football is a competitive game, but being in and out of the side does not suit some players. Competition instead of provoking them to improve just saps their confidence and makes them frustrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Perseus View Post
                      PS: Andone has himself to blame as just as he was doing OK, he missed nine games with three separate suspensions. He managed that in 26 appearances. Once may be unlucky, but three times in less than a season of games?

He started well with goals in his first two starts, followed by a solo goal against Palace.

Football is a competitive game, but being in and out of the side does not suit some players. Competition instead of provoking them to improve just saps their confidence and makes them frustrated.
                      does JB also have himself to blame when brighton expects him to score 10 goals and 10 assists in 2 matches while he's being played as an LB. sorry to say this but your brighton is a team who breaks players instead of making them. that is why your not in the top of the list or even mid table. your team isn't successfull because you buy players who have played in the world cup twice (that good they are) and you screw them over for some retarded guy thats almost 40 years i reckon and under 19 players and you give them match after match even if they play SHIT. well good luck with your brighton because i certainly don't care about your team anymore as i did in the begin when JB got signed, but now if i follow i only follow JB and not brighton.

Comment

I get an unnecessary hubris vibe from Brighton. They're not even a mid-tier club, yet from their ruthlessly mechanical attitude towards players like ARJ, you'd think they're ManU.

Are they really that good that ARJ can't even warrant a single appearance in the EPL season? Someone who hasn't even played a single full season of games in the premier league?

They need a dose of humility and reality.

Comment

Brighton sucks. I can’t believe Ali went to this club.

And I’m sorry, but at this point I could care less. This club is ruining our player and I for one am not happy about it.

Comment

hard times for jahanbaksh

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
                              Can you please elaborate?
                              Nothing specific. Just a feeling that his situation in Brighton is not entirely related to his game. I can't find any other explanation.

Comment

Nothing specific. Just a feeling that his situation in Brighton is not entirely related to his game. I can't find any other explanation.
                                I agree. I have a hunch that it is not Potter per se who wants ARJ out but it is Bloom. He is a Poker and sports betting guy. If he wants ARJ out because he has decided that ARJ is not going to pan out, is not worth the money and that the sooner he goes the better it is for his bottom line, then neither Potter nor anyone else can do anything to change his mind. This is specially true because he thinks 44 and 46 are doing just fine and cost less than ARJ.

Comment

Working...
                                X