Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
    hope aj can do well,he this two assist help him alot, bring confidence to him and the team.
    Insightful as always Ehsan.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Oz View Post
      Insightful as always Ehsan.
      I'm the better Ehsan
      Original Ehsan of IK ISP and PFDC from 1999/2000!

Comment

Originally posted by ommy48 View Post
        Looks like our visiting friend Perseus doesn't think much of our lad AJ from his latest post on the Brighton forum; this, despite many level headed and fair minded assessments from other BH fans, who argue that AJ should be given a fair shot this season by being put in a position to succeed, unlike the role he was forced into last year

:

I think there is a deficiency in dribbling style and technique, he doesn't covet the ball enough (doesn't use his body well to shield the ball), relying on pace rather than slower players like Knockaert. Trouble is , he isn't quick enough to get away with it in the PL. Certain players in the past got away with it like Kuyt. And do not get away with it like Henrikh Mkhitaryan.

Difficult how to fit such players in anything other than a counter-attacking side. Really got to play the Hazard role as second striker as he is too far from goal as a winger. I'd sooner we sold Alireza Jahanbakhsh to Fulham for £15 million (crucial decision), unless he improves. And he might do quite well in the Championship.

When we signed him, I thought he would be much quicker and it was a good idea. Disappointed.

I beg to differ from the above statement, and I'll be looking forward to seeing how it all plays out this season.....
        i honestly can't disagree with him too much on the Bolded criticism..!!
        Ali sure aint much of a Technical Dribbler and simply lacks the fancy footwork to unsettle his immediate marker especially so facing equally fast (often quicker) and physically stout wingbacks he'd be facing in most EPL sides..!
        however, he does possess a somewhat rare and very keen attacking football sense and hojoomi intellect in order to expose defensive soft spots in opponents and he is extremely unselfish and capable of providing sublime service frequently to other attackers in the team who trust him and are in the same attacking wavelength as him..!!
        he has always looked most comfortable to me playing down the Wings and from extensive experience playing under CQ/CH has learned to be a formidable defensive wing cover too...!!
        in a right attacking system(i hate to agree with Perseus but i also think in a primarily Counter-Attacking Set-up..!) surrounded by decent talent who trust him he could well revel ..!!

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
          i honestly can't disagree with him too much on the Bolded criticism..!!
          Ali sure aint much of a Technical Dribbler and simply lacks the fancy footwork to unsettle his immediate marker especially so facing equally fast (often quicker) and physically stout wingbacks he'd be facing in most EPL sides..!
          however, he does possess a somewhat rare and very keen attacking football sense and hojoomi intellect in order to expose defensive soft spots in opponents and he is extremely unselfish and capable of providing sublime service frequently to other attackers in the team who trust him and are in the same attacking wavelength as him..!!
          he has always looked most comfortable to me playing down the Wings and from extensive experience playing under CQ/CH has learned to be a formidable defensive wing cover too...!!
          in a right attacking system(i hate to agree with Perseus but i also think in a primarily Counter-Attacking Set-up..!) surrounded by decent talent who trust him he could well revel ..!!
          Other BHA wingers have deficiences as well,
          Knockaert: lack of pace, overly left footed, partly made up by ball skills
          March: does not use his pace, overly left footed, decision making limited by lack of technique (missed two seasons through injury)
          Izquierdo: decision making not always top drawer, erratic, can shoot, quickest, seen to work one team goal (knee injury recuperation)
          Trossard: unknown
          Schelotto: wing-back role fits between two roles, can't shoot, can defend (knee injury recuperation)
          Dreyer: looks promising, not in first team squad

Player can improve technique by practice*, but not much can be done about lack of pace (*does not usually improve after age 23, but could work with March?)

Unknown which wingers are adaptive outside their comfort zones, none of them?

None of them show exceptional football intuition or intelligence to make for their flaws.

Comment

Originally posted by Perseus View Post
            Other BHA wingers have deficiences as well,
            Knockaert: lack of pace, overly left footed, partly made up by ball skills
            March: does not use his pace, overly left footed, decision making limited by lack of technique (missed two seasons through injury)
            Izquierdo: decision making not always top drawer, erratic, can shoot, quickest, seen to work one team goal (knee injury recuperation)
            Trossard: unknown
            Schelotto: wing-back role fits between two roles, can't shoot, can defend (knee injury recuperation)
            Dreyer: looks promising, not in first team squad

Player can improve technique by practice*, but not much can be done about lack of pace (*does not usually improve after age 23, but could work with March?)

Unknown which wingers are adaptive outside their comfort zones, none of them?

None of them show exceptional football intuition or intelligence to make for their flaws.
            difference is you advocated selling ARJ to fulham or a championship team after a year buddy. The classic loyal english fan. Give solly march 5 years worth of chances to run straight and cross aimless ball after aimless ball, and then pretend like his technique can be improved (reminds me of the idiot arsenal fans who continued to defend average english crap like Wilshere and Walcott and Gibbs before Emery kicked them all out in a week), but fail to even want to give aRJ a chance under a coach that will play him as a winger/attacking mid and not a left or right back.

At one stage you have to look at your own team and coach and not ARJ. Nobody on brighton had a good year last season, especially in the attacking third. That should tell you something. Your team was 30 yards deeper than necessary for absolutely no reason other than Chris Hughton being scared of his own shadow.

Comment

BHA has friendlies tomorrow vs Crawley Town, and on Saturday vs. Fulham. I assume they will largely use two (2) different squads for each match since they're so close in proximity, so let's see where JB fits in.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                difference is you advocated selling ARJ to fulham or a championship team after a year buddy. The classic loyal english fan. Give solly march 5 years worth of chances to run straight and cross aimless ball after aimless ball, and then pretend like his technique can be improved (reminds me of the idiot arsenal fans who continued to defend average english crap like Wilshere and Walcott and Gibbs before Emery kicked them all out in a week), but fail to even want to give aRJ a chance under a coach that will play him as a winger/attacking mid and not a left or right back.

At one stage you have to look at your own team and coach and not ARJ. Nobody on brighton had a good year last season, especially in the attacking third. That should tell you something. Your team was 30 yards deeper than necessary for absolutely no reason other than Chris Hughton being scared of his own shadow.
                I must say, you were saying this about Hughton before last season even started, and time proved you right.

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
                  I must say, you were saying this about Hughton before last season even started, and time proved you right.
                  chakerim haji. I try to be realistic about our players/ teams moves/ acheivements. Some may view me as too positive, but in terms of ARJ i was very concerned from the start. Teams like brighton are just poor to put it simply. Their fans have unrealistic expectations and most dont understand whats going on in front of them, as evidenced by our friend perseus, who for months kept rattling off random stats and other garbage while his team just went from bad to worse then almost relegated, never once addressing the real issues or getting to the point. At one stage he was telling us they are the same level as leicester!
                  Anyways back to the point, these teams are just a bad fit for most players. Locadia, propper, both good players also look poor in Brighton. So did bernardo and bissouma.

Seriously these guys were highly rated before going to brighton, they cant ALL become garbage as soon as they move to brighton! Reality is their fans have a loser mentality, many hoped to be relegated to have more fun in championship, but then they dont want to be patient with their new signings who have more pedigreethan knockaert or march or any of their darlings ever will. This isnt a situation conducive to success.

I am optimistic about Potter tho. He is a good coach (ironically enough he was never offered a job in England and had to go to some swedish forest for 10 years), and I think he will get much more out of ARJ. Hughton is just known throughout the league as a great guy and solid defensive coach but absolutely pathetic when it comes to actually improving a team and pushing them on past a certain point. Continuing with him was an almost certain death sentence.

Comment

Ah yes the precious stats.

Even at my low level Sunday league some Iranians look like Cannavaro defending when they cant even make a simple pass just because they park the bus.

I'll try to forget about last season..but Jahanbakhsh deserves LB and RB to be added to his FIFA 20 player

Comment

No Senior Starters in today's match squad. All youth players it looks like. I'm guessing Senior players will play tomorrow's friendly vs Fulham.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Andy Naylor
                        @AndyNaylorArgus
                        Breaking: Understand Anthony Knockaert is moving nearer to joining Fulham.
                        Clubs are close to agreeing a fee. #bhafc

Comment

Good move for Brighton if it’s a big fee, plus he is a Championship player.

Comment

Great news - cry baby is leaving! Fulham overspending on him but who cares.

Comment

My opinion of last season:

Collapse was Man United style. After the first season, all I thought for safety was to improve the dreadful set piece record at both ends and all would be well. Set piece problem was resolved but then the goals from open play suddenly dried up. The absence of Pascal Groß through injury could statistically explain it, but I have a suspicion the problem goes deeper.

BHA did not play well all season. Just got away with it before Christmas. Only Watford and the relegated clubs played worse.

I was under no illusion that the BHA players had technical and athletic disabilities but so did most of the bottom 14 clubs, I did not even like the CH 4-4-2 long ball rigid game much. For the most part the new players signed last summer were fractionally quicker, no more or less technically proficient, but worst if all were mistake prone.

Comment

Crawley v BHA (live)

Crawley v BHA (live)
                                https://www.brightonandhovealbion.co...s-albion-live/

Albion (4-2-3-1): Walton; Sanders, Baluta, Clarke, Cox; Ahannach, Roberts; Mlaker, Hemed, Gyokeres; Connolly.

Comment

Working...
                                X