Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
    I'm reading that Knockaert was ticked off a lot at Andone during the game.
    He's like the loud guy at every Persian pickup game
    Brief highlights: https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/SeagullsTV/

Comment

[QUOTE=perspolis#1;2647468]I'm reading that Knockaert was ticked off a lot at Andone during the game.
      He's like the loud guy at every Persian pickup game[/QUOTE]

Comment

Then in the second half club-record signing, Jahanbakhsh made a massive impact. He was a real handful and played two incredible balls to set up Trossard and Andone for The Seagulls last two goals.

Albion fans will be hoping to more of the above from Locadia and Jahanbakhsh through the pre-season and into next season in the Premier League.

https://www.vavel.com/en/football/20...in-charge.html

Comment

A few words from JB. Look forward to seeing him turn it around this season.

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.co...-good-workout/

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Historically, JB is a slow starter and he improves his performance in his second season at every team.

Comment

hope aj can do well,he this two assist help him alot, bring confidence to him and the team.

Comment

"The lads in the first half did a great job and then we came on after the break to finish it, so it’s all positive for everyone to get some minutes.” - ARJ

I love that ARJ blends so easily into the country and language of his team. He uses words like "lad" and "mate" in the UK, and his English is superb. He was also fluent in Dutch when at the Netherlands. This is a sign of a true professional, and it's half the battle to making it in Europe. We have had examples of that before (Hashemian and Mahdavikia), and I'm seeing signs of it in Sardar. Great effort all around!

Comment

Alireza Jahanbakhsh relishes chance to impress new boss

Alireza Jahanbakhsh is unfazed by the change of manager at*Albion*after a promising start under Graham Potter.

The Iranian winger became the club’s record £17 million signing from Dutch side AZ Alkmaar last summer during Chris Hughton’s reign but struggled to make an impact.

Jahanbakhsh, given extra-time off in pre-season because of international duty, was used in the number ten role and provided assists for both second half goals in the 5-2 friendly win against FC Liefering in Austria.

Jahanbakhsh told The Argus: “I had a great time with the last manager.

Mister Hughton was a great man. He trusted me, brought me to the club, and I appreciate that from the bottom of my heart.

“But sometimes in football things move on and that’s part of it. For me it doesn’t matter who is the manager, I’ll always try to do my thing for this great club.

“Last season was an up and down season.

“I could have given more to the club and him.

“It didn’t go as well as I wanted, but I’ve learnt a lot and want to start this season in the best way possible now with a different manager.

“It’s been pretty good (under Potter), he wants to play quite expansive, and we created a lot of chances.

“He’s just tried to manage us and to get us to attack well and then also react when we lost possession.

“He’s trying to explain to everyone exactly what he needs from them and that’s very good. I like it to be clear what the manager wants from me.”

Jahanbakhsh, drifting to the right where he usually plays for Iran, produced crosses converted by Leandro Trossard moments into the Belgian winger’s debut and Florin Andone.

Potter said: “He came in late because of internationals, but his attitude has been really good. You can see what he is about as a player.

“It was nice fo him to contribute to the goals. It’s probably what he wants to do, what he was brought here to do.

“The key probably with Alireza is to get him as close to goal as possible. That’s probably where they used him in Holland and therefore you get the goals and assists.

“We have got a lot of forward players. We are just trying to find out where best to play. He ended up on the right as well, so with the personnel on the pitch there was quite a bit of fluidity amongst them.

“Sometimes that’s positive, sometimes it’s not, it depends how you look at it, but it was nice for him to get a couple of assists.”

The Argus: Alireza Jahanbakhsh relishes chance to impress new boss.
                  https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/177...ress-new-boss/

Comment

“The key probably with Alireza is to get him as close to goal as possible. That’s probably where they used him in Holland and therefore you get the goals and assists“

YES, YES, YES!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                      “The key probably with Alireza is to get him as close to goal as possible. That’s probably where they used him in Holland and therefore you get the goals and assists“

YES, YES, YES!!!!!!!!!!!
                      He went from being a forward to playing a LB and people were wondering why he is not producing. SMH!
                      "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Looks like our visiting friend Perseus doesn't think much of our lad AJ from his latest post on the Brighton forum; this, despite many level headed and fair minded assessments from other BH fans, who argue that AJ should be given a fair shot this season by being put in a position to succeed, unlike the role he was forced into last year

:

I think there is a deficiency in dribbling style and technique, he doesn't covet the ball enough (doesn't use his body well to shield the ball), relying on pace rather than slower players like Knockaert. Trouble is , he isn't quick enough to get away with it in the PL. Certain players in the past got away with it like Kuyt. And do not get away with it like Henrikh Mkhitaryan.

Difficult how to fit such players in anything other than a counter-attacking side. Really got to play the Hazard role as second striker as he is too far from goal as a winger. I'd sooner we sold Alireza Jahanbakhsh to Fulham for £15 million (crucial decision), unless he improves. And he might do quite well in the Championship.

When we signed him, I thought he would be much quicker and it was a good idea. Disappointed.

I beg to differ from the above statement, and I'll be looking forward to seeing how it all plays out this season.....

Comment

Originally posted by mattigil View Post
                          Mister Hughton was a great man. He trusted me, brought me to the club, and I appreciate that from the bottom of my heart.
                          '
                          This is for people who said it was the club's owners who brought Jahanbakhsh to Brighton! His own words.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                            '
                            This is for people who said it was the club's owners who brought Jahanbakhsh to Brighton! His own words.
                            That's JB being polite. He's not the kind of guy who would say something bad about people publicly.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                              That's JB being polite. He's not the kind of guy who would say something bad about people publicly.
                              Dude, he didn't need to say Hughton brought him to the club, to be polite!

This is not the first time he's said it either. I clearly remember one of his interviews when he had just signed for Brighton....he said the same thing then. I don't know why you guys want to insist on the opposite so much.

Comment

The team is back at BHA training facility:

Comment

Working...
                                X