Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
    seems if he doesnt score every match he will be benched the next one... Great logic, totally fair. How he doesnt even get bench mins today baffles me.

There are really no reasons for him to stay in this club past the summer. He has shown that he is not a garbage player and can do things nobody in their squad can, and this is the treatment he gets.

He can definitely get offers from midtable bundesliga.
    Completely agree. Jahanbakhsh is the only player who got benched from the last game if I remember correctly, that’s not fair. Meanwhile Conolly, Alzate and Stephens (who was terrible against Everton) keep their spot.

Comment

Mooy and Bernardo, both coming off recent injuries get to start. ARJ who is match-fit and has been performing at top level, warms the bench. Potter, WTF?

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
        If he doesn't start on Tuesday, he should seriously consider moving while his stock is somewhat high...

I am a fan, and I am frustrated. Can't imagine what JB feels himself.
        Tuesday match looming coulda been the only reason why he'd be rested today ... although deserved some minutes late today..!
        if ignored or gets trash minutes only come tuesday, he certainly gotta look to move on in summer..!

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
          Tuesday match looming coulda been the only reason why he'd be rested today ... although deserved some minutes late today..!
          if ignored or gets trash minutes only come tuesday, he certainly gotta look to move on in summer..!
          The ironic thing is he is getting ignored at the peril of the team! when he starts or gets some significant minutes, BHA ends up doing quite well. Potter's strategy this season has only been enough to get them to mid-table at best.

Comment

A home match against a relegation side?!!! That Potter sure is a genius. I think they should give him a life-long contract.

I am not sure what JB needs to do to get a starting position.
            Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

He picked up a knock in training so my guess is Potter wanted to save him for the match against Bournemouth
              I still don’t understand Potter’s decision to waste all the momentum JB had after the goal vs Chelsea and not use him at home against Villa (even as a sub he could have had another major impact)
              Between Villa & Bournemouth this would have been the “easier” match for JB to have an impact

Would have been a very easy decision to start Alzate & JB on the right side, every single attack was initiated by Trosssard from the left side

I am seriously starting to doubt Potter’s managerial abilities, he is not PL manager material...Ostersunds was more of a leve for him

Comment

I remember when Rezai and Gholizadeh played in Belgium even though they had a slight knock and then got injured for longer and their manager was slated. Maybe he was on the bench and Potter decided he didn’t want to risk him and keep him for the game during the week. Guess we will find out during the week.

Comment

Huffing and puffing again, but a valuable point thrown away as Brighton got sloppy before conceding. Mooy lost the ball too often. Crying out for a little extra pace &/or guile up front in a wide position.
                  Consensus was that Brighton were good enough for a win against an overall poor Villa side with two good players in Mings (best) and Grealish.

Comment

Originally posted by Perseus View Post
                    Huffing and puffing again, but a valuable point thrown away as Brighton got sloppy before conceding. Mooy lost the ball too often. Crying out for a little extra pace &/or guile up front in a wide position.
                    Consensus was that Brighton were good enough for a win against an overall poor Villa side with two good players in Mings (best) and Grealish.
                    Its ok you can just say ARJ would have been a good option off the bench and provided that "guile". He was the only attacking player left on the bench anyways, everybody else got subbed in and couldnt give that "guile"

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                      Its ok you can just say ARJ would have been a good option off the bench and provided that "guile". He was the only attacking player left on the bench anyways, everybody else got subbed in and couldnt give that "guile"
                      Brighton was playing 4-2-2-2 all day today. This system plays very compact and has little width. The only width is provided by right and left back moving up. Jahanbakhsh is usually used when we have 3 up front like in 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-3 and 5-2-3. I am sure he will start on Tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                        Nice video interview of Ali (and Maupay). You can see how down to earth he is. Gives shouts out to former Iranian greats and by the end of the interview, the host can’t help but say “I love this guy”!

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.co...nd-jahanbakhsh
                        thanks for sharing that, I really enjoyed it.☺

ستايشگر آموزگاری هستم که انديشيدن را
                        به من بياموزد و نه انديشه ها را. زرتشت

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
                          Brighton was playing 4-2-2-2 all day today. This system plays very compact and has little width. The only width is provided by right and left back moving up. Jahanbakhsh is usually used when we have 3 up front like in 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-3 and 5-2-3. I am sure he will start on Tuesday.
                          Well since they really needed a win and were at home, they could have actually switched the system to a 4-3-3 later on with trossard, maupay, Arj front three. Just because you use one system doesnt mean you can't adjust and change midgame. That just shows tactical inflexibility on the part of the coach.

Comment

I spent a few hours after the match with him and his agent, what an amazing person he is. Shame he didn't get to play, hopefully starting tomorrow against Bournemouth. He had a slight knock but was okay to play according to himself.
                            چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد
                            We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

Originally posted by Salar View Post
                              I spent a few hours after the match with him and his agent, what an amazing person he is. Shame he didn't get to play, hopefully starting tomorrow against Bournemouth. He had a slight knock but was okay to play according to himself.
                              Nice to hear you got to meet him in person.

Let me know next time you're thinking of going down to Brighton to catch a game. I'd be up for it.

Comment

Big game tomorrow!

Graham Potter confirmed that he had no fresh injury concerns for Tuesday’s game, with Dan Burn and Jose Izquierdo the only two players ruled out.

Comment

Working...
                                X