Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pejman-IL View Post
    Does Ajax or psv still have interest in him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes he said himself in that recent interview with Iranian tv that a top Dutch team (so either Ajax or PSV) have interest in him as well as a good German team. He didn't mention any team names for obvious reasons and said that his first focus is Brighton's preseason, but left the door open for a potential transfer if things go in that direction.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by persian_pooya View Post
      Yes he said himself in that recent interview with Iranian tv that a top Dutch team (so either Ajax or PSV) have interest in him as well as a good German team. He didn't mention any team names for obvious reasons and said that his first focus is Brighton's preseason, but left the door open for a potential transfer if things go in that direction.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
      Please leave![emoji28]Would be nice to see an Iranian player in the champions or Europa league again

Comment

Originally posted by Pejman-IL View Post
        Does Ajax or psv still have interest in him?

is not that issue but brighton wont sell him

Comment

i think they’ll actually play him this season just to get his value up to sell him at a smaller loss

Comment

Reading between the lines after watching that recent interview I think that there is the potential for a transfer to either Ajax, PSV or the unknown Bundesliga team however Jahanbakhsh being one of the highest paid players in Brighton right now would probably have to take a considerable pay cut if he left. So that makes me think he'd rather stay if Potter tells him he's going to get more playing time next season. He did mention that after his string of good performances mid-season that he had a candid discussion with Potter about playing time and voiced his desire to play more. At that time according to his own words Potter told him that his good performances meant he would get more playing time.. however to everyone's surprise including himself that did not happen.. Maybe Potter decided after the break to play it safe to not get relegated which meant tactics that didn't allow Jahanbakhsh to play.

Long story short I think there is a chance that Jahanbakhsh will have a strong preseason at Brighton and Potter will promise to play him more. This would be the best case for all parties. However it's a risk since Potter has made promises to Jahanbakhsh before that he did not follow through on.. so unless Potter tells him something different or makes it obvious to Jahanbakhsh that he's going to get plenty of playing time then he should leave even if it means getting a large pay cut.

Comment

No. He is a professional, which means this is his source of income. He should not take a pay cut. That is what professional contracts are about, to commit to certain obligations, most importantly how much he will be paid.
              BHA should make up the difference if they are trying to force him into a transfer with Lower wages. That is normal. Otherwise he should stay and enjoy himself while getting paid.
              Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Alireza's bk voted best goal of the season by WeAreBrighton.com:

"WeAreBrighton.com End of Season Awards 2019-20

The votes have been counted and we have all finished reminiscing about the year just gone for Brighton & Hove Albion, meaning that are now in a position to announce the winners of the WeAreBrighton.com End of Season Awards 2019-20.

WeAreBrighton.com Goal of the Season 2019-20:
                Alireza Jahanbakhsh v Chelsea

Alireza Jahanbakhsh has managed just two goals in 36 appearances for Brighton. The second one of those will go down in Albion history as one of the greatest ever scored by a player wearing the stripes.

Chelsea were the visitors to the Amex on New Year’s Day and looked to be cruising to their normal victory against the Seagulls. That was until the Iranian international pulled a beautiful, unstoppable bicycle kick out of nowhere late on to earn the Albion their first ever league point against the Blues.

The decade may have been less than 24 hours old when Jahanbakhsh struck, but in terms of quality it is an effort that probably won’t be topped again in the 2020s."

http://wearebrighton.com/albionfeatu...wards-2019-20/

Comment

A friend and insider told me that Jahanbakhsh has an offer from FC Köln.

Comment

Originally posted by Los Tehranos View Post
                    A friend and insider told me that Jahanbakhsh has an offer from FC Köln.
                    How serious is the offer do you know?

Comment

Last time Koln spent big on a player they got relegated ironically. I'd take that move if I were him, Koln were in Europa league a few years ago whereas Brighton will never get past their current part of the table.

Comment

Koln would be a decent move , club rich in tradition and very well supported and he will be one of their main men for sure.

Comment

During WC 06 I was in those neck of woods .... seemed like there were a buttload if Iranians living thereabout ..!?
                          Perhaps that’s why Koln is interested ..!?
                          Can they really afford him .!?

I’d guess they’ll be interested in a loan with buy option of sorts ..!? Only if they can get BHA to agree to relatively low buy price,.!? Some figure Under 10 mil !?

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                            During WC 06 I was in those neck of woods .... seemed like there were a buttload if Iranians living thereabout ..!?
                            Perhaps that’s why Koln is interested ..!?
                            Can they really afford him .!?

I’d guess they’ll be interested in a loan with buy option of sorts ..!? Only if they can get BHA to agree to relatively low buy price,.!? Some figure Under 10 mil !?
                            Knowing Köln, It would have to be a loan with an option to buy. Prob a 2-3m loan fee, split wages and a 10-12m option at most.

Comment

they dont have any RW except 2 18 year olds. Im really surprised they could afford him though.

Comment

Koln would be great if for no other reason than Hennes the GOAT.

Comment

Working...
                                X