Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frank Ocean View Post
    Germany & Spanish second half of table > England second half of table
    Teams like Augsburg, Union Berlin from Germany or Getafe, Eibar from Spain are playing better football and are stronger than Brighton or Southampton
    Imagine trying to argue about which league is better by comparing the second halves of the table.. LOL. Get real dude. EPL has had more trophies in the past 2 seasons than any other league.
    Originally posted by daggerhashimoto View Post
    La Liga shits on EPL. sorry.
    La Liga without Atletico and Barca is a fucking snoozefest.
    #WilmotsOUT

Comment

I cry of laughter when people say La Liga is better than EPL
      Team Meli Iran
      Perspolis FC
      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Bladsville View Post
        Imagine trying to argue about which league is better by comparing the second halves of the table.. LOL. Get real dude. EPL has had more trophies in the past 2 seasons than any other league.
        La Liga without Atletico and Barca is a fucking snoozefest.
        It was a decade la liga had a lot of his team in semi final of Champions league and Europa league while english teams were knocked out very early.

You are going to tell we had two 100% EPL final last year in CL/EL but let see if the trend will keep on. I think it won't be the case as last year was an exception : post world cup season with lots of surprise teams (Ajax, Tottenham)

Comment

I’ve made my feelings on the ‘best league’ argument aware before And it wasn’t the second division in Botswana.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
            It was a decade la liga had a lot of his team in semi final of Champions league and Europa league while english teams were knocked out very early.

You are going to tell we had two 100% EPL final last year in CL/EL but let see if the trend will keep on. I think it won't be the case as last year was an exception : post world cup season with lots of surprise teams (Ajax, Tottenham)
            Agreed 100%. English and Spanish Leagues have been a sort of sine cosine wave of who is best over the decades. The late 2000s early 2010s was definitely in favour of the Spanish. However as of late, EPL has been leading the pack.

I dont think France, Italy, or Germany need to be mentioned as they have only 1-2 teams who are internationally competitive in the whole league.
            #WilmotsOUT

Comment

Putting aside my bias but many middle and lower EPL teams are now playing attractive non-physical style football, this was something people used against EPL in the past.

The league has become more tactical with physicality being a thing of the past now. The majority of dinosaur EPL managers like Big Sam, Mark Huges, Alan Pardew etc... have now been unemployed for a long time with young and exciting coaches taking charge now and the top 6 managers are now some of the best in the world (bar Solskjaer) Even Jose Mourinho couldn't hack it EPL anymore.

You guys that followed Brighton were basically following one of the worst teams in the league.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Pouya View Post
                Putting aside my bias but many middle and lower EPL teams are now playing attractive non-physical style football, this was something people used against EPL in the past.

The league has become more tactical with physicality being a thing of the past now. The majority of dinosaur EPL managers like Big Sam, Mark Huges, Alan Pardew etc... have now been unemployed for a long time with young and exciting coaches taking charge now and the top 6 managers are now some of the best in the world (bar Solskjaer) Even Jose Mourinho couldn't hack it EPL anymore.

You guys that followed Brighton were basically following one of the worst teams in the league.
                Jamie Carragher said the same thing when talking about the Arsenal draw with Watford , he was talking about the new rule with defensive players allowed inside the box when the goalies are taking a goal kick and how most teams are now trying to play it out from the back.

Comment

.wrong thread

Comment

EPL has a few top teams, mostly pumped by money from rich foreigners (Arabs, Russian, etc.). They buy the best players.

The rest of the EPL still play kick-ball. No disrespect to kick-ball. Sometimes it works and that's why you see City or Liverpool lose once in a while. BHA is a good example. They may win a few times, but they still play kick-ball. They will pick up a few points here and there, but this team is doomed to fight relegation.

La Liga on the other hand, has a few top teams, but the lower teams can actually play Football. Same with Germany.
                    Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Originally posted by nisfejahan View Post
                      EPL has a few top teams, mostly pumped by money from rich foreigners (Arabs, Russian, etc.). They buy the best players.

The rest of the EPL still play kick-ball. No disrespect to kick-ball. Sometimes it works and that's why you see City or Liverpool lose once in a while. BHA is a good example. They may win a few times, but they still play kick-ball. They will pick up a few points here and there, but this team is doomed to fight relegation.

La Liga on the other hand, has a few top teams, but the lower teams can actually play Football. Same with Germany.

Passing accuracy is greater in the English Premier League to la Liga so far this season

https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/25...ague-2019-2020

https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/20...Liga-2019-2020

This usually reflects the average level of attractive play. Easy on the eye football.

Bundesliga is closer to the EPL https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/81...liga-2019-2020

Eredivisie may be higher than the EPL and that is attractive to watch. https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/15...isie-2019-2020

I think teams should not be happy under 80%.

https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/25...ship-2019-2020

Long ball or long passes reduce the %. Deep defence and long balls can be effective and Burnley sacrifice both passing accuracy and possession.

Comment

You can not dispute the facts; EPL is the best league there is at the moment. Last year, 4 out of the last 8 teams in UEFA were EPL teams, the finalist were both EPL teams and obviously the eventual winner was an EPL team. The big six in EPL can compete with the very best of La Liga, Bundesliga, Eries A...and the top half of EPL table can give any team a run for their money. Facts are facts.
                        "Evil is rare, but ignorance is epidemic"

Comment

Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2019-2020

English soccer has only become more attractive to watch for the past 15 years or so thanks to fewer and fewer Englishmen playing or coaching in it.

But I also believe that apart from the top 4/5 teams it is still pretty boring to watch.
                          .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

Comment

Originally posted by khodam View Post
                            English soccer has only become more attractive to watch for the past 15 years or so thanks to fewer and fewer Englishmen playing or coaching in it.

But I also believe that apart from the top 4/5 teams it is still pretty boring to watch.
                            Hmm I agree the attractiveness definitely has to do with less Englishmen playing. Not sure about the lower parts of the table though. If I turn on some football I tend to fall asleep watching games like Real Betis- Mallorca or Hannover-Frankfurt. Doesn't happen as much when I am watching Norwich vs Everton for example. That could be due to me having a vested interest in EPL though as a United fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
                              baba jan, we have UEFA champions league every year that should settle this argument. I have not done the work myself, but I imagine EFL and La Liga are recent strong performers... German and Italy's leagues being just a tiny bit behind... And all leagues have their top 4-6 strong teams and the rest are a step behind...
                              CL isnt a good measure either...a lot depends on a random draw and English teams always get easy draws. (For the most part...Arsenal doesnt but teams like Man city seem to always get the easier draws)

PL to me is overrated because they spend sooooo much money yet they barely do shit in CL...except Liverpool recently. They should do a lot better with this advantage over rest of the leagues

Comment

Originally posted by Lapayee View Post
                                You can not dispute the facts; EPL is the best league there is at the moment. Last year, 4 out of the last 8 teams in UEFA were EPL teams, the finalist were both EPL teams and obviously the eventual winner was an EPL team. The big six in EPL can compete with the very best of La Liga, Bundesliga, Eries A...and the top half of EPL table can give any team a run for their money. Facts are facts.

What facts ? they typically lose despite spending so much money

Hala Liverpool dota bazi bord, epl shod best league lol

Its all propaganda and rhetoric passed around by PL fans only

Comment

Working...
                                X