Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roozbeh-G2006 View Post
    I think we should stop badmouthing BHAFC because it is doing what it needs to and no player is bigger than a club. Ali is the best person to judge his situation than anyone here. It is time to chill out not just with Ali but our other legionnaires. Only support and well wishing them can help their situation.
    It’s a two way street. Most reactions here began when BHAFC fans on Twitter were very harsh and insulting Jahanbakhsh. They also need to be reasonable, which they aren’t.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
      It’s a two way street. Most reactions here began when BHAFC fans on Twitter were very harsh and insulting Jahanbakhsh. They also need to be reasonable, which they aren’t.
      I'd be pissed if I spent that much on a player and he sucked.
      Original Ehsan of IK ISP and PFDC from 1999/2000!

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post

Yup
        Their ridiculous continued shunning of ARJ from league fixtures & frequent flat-out exclusions from playing squad have defied all sense of fairness ..!
        Sure, we get it he isn’t quiet the world-beater winger/attacker that you guys thought you were buying when splashing the big cash to acquire him last season but he is also far from an incalculable, useless scrub that BHA has treated him to be this season especially..!
        Last week’s limited feature from the bench was a positive, encouraging change & I’m hopeful of more of those in upcoming games to serve as an ice breaker to warm us up again to BHA as a club.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
          Albion winger Ali J has put the time in and now wants the rewards

https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/180...wants-rewards/
          Didn't expect anything else but expression of commitment to hard work in face of disappointing circumstances. No surprise here considering the consummate professional he is. I still think he should find a way out of here to get consistent playing time and it seems he is not opposed to that.

Go ARJ!

Comment

Meanwhile AZ has a good chance to win the league and they beat Ajax 1-0 today.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Imagine if Potter did JB like Everton did Kean today (against ManUtd) Moise Kean comes in 70th min and subbed out 89th min...he was pissed. Coach's excuse was he wanted to waste time LOL (couldnt sub out another player?)
              Further evidence PL coaches are lame...these kinds of things happen to a lot of players there. Has nothing to do with race

Comment

Well the fans reaction show you that they are no racist dumb a-holes that know nothing about football.

TBH I don't quite like JB's interview that much though. I highly doubt he will be a starter anytime soon and it should be clear by now that JB loses his confidence when being subbed most of the time.

You know persistence is a very good quality, but you should also know when it's time to let things go and take a different approach.

I truly feel like JB should leave the club for at least half a season.

Comment

Still some hope, Adama Traoré was a slow starter.

Trouble is Traoré is quicker, younger and stronger. Similar style of dribbling which we have seen before.

Michail Antonio has a similar style as well. He is stronger and quicker on the ball.

Both Traoré and Antonio are liable to have a poor first touch, but they make up for this deficit by improving and having terrific pace. Houghton was the last ditch manger at playing two wingers; a tactic which I thought was a failure.

Comment

Jahanbakhsh didnt play a big role since day one, he is wasting his best years, please leave if you have a good offer man, play football instead of waiting and praying ...... Brighton wasnt the right place, life is like that sometimes, suddenly you see you are starter at a bigger better club even.

Comment

Originally posted by Perseus View Post
                      Still some hope, Adama Traoré was a slow starter.

Trouble is Traoré is quicker, younger and stronger. Similar style of dribbling which we have seen before.

Michail Antonio has a similar style as well. He is stronger and quicker on the ball.

Both Traoré and Antonio are liable to have a poor first touch, but they make up for this deficit by improving and having terrific pace. Houghton was the last ditch manger at playing two wingers; a tactic which I thought was a failure.
                      this is still I think chronic issue among brighton fans. The quicker we stop comparing him to these traditional direct wingers the better. ARJ bares no resemblance to them in terms of what he brings and what he can bring to the table. His game is based off technical combinations with fullback, CF, and attacking mids, excellent decision making and weight of pass, and ability to unleash good strikes with both feet.

I think the wingers you mentioned would fit in brighton system much better, and I think many brighton fans/coaching staff were/are looking for a player like that. When arj underperforms, or in many cases just doesnt bring any of that (pace, physicality, quick transitions) they get on him a bit, he gets benched, etc.

Despite his attitude and wanting to stay, he is just wasting his time with brighton, the fit is not there and will never be, even if he gets more playing time and scores a few goals. Best case is he goes somewhere that can play to his strengths, and brighton get a winger that fits their system.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                        this is still I think chronic issue among brighton fans. The quicker we stop comparing him to these traditional direct wingers the better. ARJ bares no resemblance to them in terms of what he brings and what he can bring to the table. His game is based off technical combinations with fullback, CF, and attacking mids, excellent decision making and weight of pass, and ability to unleash good strikes with both feet.

I think the wingers you mentioned would fit in brighton system much better, and I think many brighton fans/coaching staff were/are looking for a player like that. When arj underperforms, or in many cases just doesnt bring any of that (pace, physicality, quick transitions) they get on him a bit, he gets benched, etc.

Despite his attitude and wanting to stay, he is just wasting his time with brighton, the fit is not there and will never be, even if he gets more playing time and scores a few goals. Best case is he goes somewhere that can play to his strengths, and brighton get a winger that fits their system.
                        exactly. i don't think its the epl, i think its the play style. its like having messi move to 2014 atletico madrid, great player, but all atleti did was get 1-0 wins and play very very defensively. messi would not shine as much there as in barcelona. i'm not comparing ARJ to messi, but i'm trying to say that they both dont fit in those respective teams due to play style

Comment

Fit or no fit, Brighton is showcasing him into the transfer window by giving him few games in the ran up and during January’s window. This is JB’s chance to excel one way or another!
                          sigpic
                          Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Originally posted by The Realist View Post
                            Fit or no fit, Brighton is showcasing him into the transfer window by giving him few games in the ran up and during January’s window. This is JB’s chance to excel one way or another!
                            He should know this and take full advantage of it. Now is no time to be nervous etc. Etc. He should with all his power showcase what he has got and stop being shy on the ball for the whatever minutes he will get to play.

Comment

Originally posted by Foolad Khuzestan View Post
                              Jahanbakhsh didnt play a big role since day one, he is wasting his best years, please leave if you have a good offer man, play football instead of waiting and praying ...... Brighton wasnt the right place, life is like that sometimes, suddenly you see you are starter at a bigger better club even.
                              correct, but the bold is the real problem here, imho..!!
                              barring a move to big money but shit football leagues (a la ayrab/chinese) he is highly unlikely to attain a contract even half as lucrative as the one he currently sitting on..!
                              barring a loan move of sort, at the moment his agent will have a hell of a time of trying to find him a respectable alternate transfer without ma$$ive concessions , hence his next best alternative is to do what he is doing now.... at least till this summer ..!

and yea Brighton/EPL was certainly not a suitable league for him and i said so from the moment of his signing.... however he was coming off the pinnacle of his EU career back then and if he wanted to milk it for All its worth, then there really was no other realistic EU alternatives..!

Comment

At this point the best course of action would be for Brighton to eat majority of his salary and send him out on loan to a team where he can get exposure and playing time to recoup his market value.

Comment

Working...
                                X