Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by persian_pooya View Post
    Guys there is no concern that Jahanbaksh can perform and do well in the RWB position, I mean under Hughton it was not much different honestly and he did his defensive duties well but did not score or assist because he was not able to get into forward positions much and said himself he wasn't given the flexibility to be selfish on the ball.

So long story short if he stays he can eventually break into the starting 11 as a RWB. But is this what we as fans want for him? Is this in his best interest? I don't think so. Jahanbakhsh's specialty is in the attack, assisting and scoring. So he needs to be in an around the oppositions box to spread his wings and show the world his potential. It's so sad that now for the 2nd season in a row he is not being given this opportunity in the premier league. In hindsight he made a mistake coming to Brighton and should have gone to Leceister or a mid-table table from one of the other top European leagues such as the Serie A, Bundesliga, or La Liga that would have used him as a right winger.

At this moment in time if the only options are for him are to stay at Brighton and fight for a RWB spot or instead go to PSV which finished 2nd in Holland last season and is currently in Europa league qualifiers where he's be used in an attacking role, he should go to PSV in a heart beat! At PSV he can get back to his scoring and assisting ways and potentially go against reputable opposition in Europe and bring his stock back up for a switch at the end of the season to a better team in a better league.
    To be fair someone mentioned earlier that Mahdavikia was sort of repurposed as a full back and we saw what an incredible impact he made for Iran and HSV. I honestly think that if ARJ makes the transition to full back he would be waaay better than Rezaeian, Ghafouri, Moharrami especially given how good his passing and delivery is. Imagine having a full back that is that much of an attacking threat, with maybe someone like Gholizadeh in front of him. Looks good to me i think.

Comment

Originally posted by TM4LIFE View Post
      To be fair someone mentioned earlier that Mahdavikia was sort of repurposed as a full back and we saw what an incredible impact he made for Iran and HSV. I honestly think that if ARJ makes the transition to full back he would be waaay better than Rezaeian, Ghafouri, Moharrami especially given how good his passing and delivery is. Imagine having a full back that is that much of an attacking threat, with maybe someone like Gholizadeh in front of him. Looks good to me i think.
      top goal scorer in holland gonna go full back?
      Original Ehsan of IK ISP and PFDC from 1999/2000!

Comment

He should move to PSV, play well there as they might even play in the CL next season. After 2-3 seasons he can join a Serie A or Primera Division side as they suit his style of play much better.

If he stays at Brighton his career will slowly die out. He's not suited for Brighton or the Premier League, he has no future there. He has to make a choice of: is money more important or his football career? If he stays at Brightoj he has chosen money over career as he can revive his football career at PSV for sure. He knows the league well and can shine there with the second biggest club in Holland.

Comment

He should see if he can find any offer from Bundesliga. Base on his style that can be a best fit for him. His main issue is transfer fee. Doubt his club let him go for cheap, because they paid alot. Unless if it is a loan.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sirvan View Post
            He should move to PSV, play well there as they might even play in the CL next season. After 2-3 seasons he can join a Serie A or Primera Division side as they suit his style of play much better.

If he stays at Brighton his career will slowly die out. He's not suited for Brighton or the Premier League, he has no future there. He has to make a choice of: is money more important or his football career? If he stays at Brightoj he has chosen money over career as he can revive his football career at PSV for sure. He knows the league well and can shine there with the second biggest club in Holland.
            After 2-3 seasons...

Why do I see so many people obsessed with him stepping down and taking the easy route back to the Eredivisie.
            He isn't young anymore. He's not a messi nor a Ronaldo, he wont be able to make it big at 29 and go to the big leagues at the end of his career. He's choosing the train hard and stay disciplined. The season just started and who knows whats to come. Giving him advice about packing up and going home after playing less than half a season in the league he's always dreamed of playing in would be an insult to JB.

I don't know if his gamble will pay off but I do know that if I was in his same position, I'd stay and give it everything I had. As a plus, I get to enjoy my high wages and don't need to take a ridiculous salary cut just to play in some tier 2 league in the hopes of getting back in again.

I wish him all the best and truly hope he gets the chance to prove himself. Hopefully sooner than later with the cup games starting as well!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Oz View Post
              After 2-3 seasons...
              Why do I see so many people obsessed with him stepping down and taking the easy route back to the Eredivisie.
              He isn't young anymore. He's not a messi nor a Ronaldo, he wont be able to make it big at 29 and go to the big leagues at the end of his career. He's choosing the train hard and stay disciplined. The season just started and who knows whats to come. Giving him advice about packing up and going home after playing less than half a season in the league he's always dreamed of playing in would be an insult to JB.
              I don't know if his gamble will pay off but I do know that if I was in his same position, I'd stay and give it everything I had. As a plus, I get to enjoy my high wages and don't need to take a ridiculous salary cut just to play in some tier 2 league in the hopes of getting back in again.
              I wish him all the best and truly hope he gets the chance to prove himself. Hopefully sooner than later with the cup games starting as well!
              First of all PSV is a much bigger club than Brighton, with a much bigger history and they play football at a higher level. It is a club that is after Ajax the most successful in Holland and a club that play regularly in the champions League while Brighton will probably be back in the Championship in a season or two.

Secondly, Jahanbakhsh is definitely no Messi, he won't do better than PSV because that's the best he can do with his level of talent. It is an honor to play for a club where great players such as Ronaldo and Romario have played. It will boost his confidence, Holland is very well suited for his style of play as a classic winger. De Jong moved to Sevilla at the age of 29 after failing in England an Germany as well, so what you're saying is nonsense.

If he stays at Brighton it may very well be the last we hear from Jahanbaksh. It's an insult that they want to transform him to a right back, the man is a classic winger capable of playing beautiful attacking football and this shitty club wants to take that away from him. They want to destroy the player he is, his essence as a footballer is that of being an authentic winger! If it was me i would've left immediately, he can always make good money in Qatar or elsewhere when he is in his thirties. Right now he should get the best out of his career and that isn't at a shit club that puts him in the stands or plays him as a right back!

I really enjoyed Jahanbakhsh's style of play at AZ, and hope he goes to PSV to get back to his old form and football identity.

Comment

Originally posted by sirvan View Post
                First of all PSV is a much bigger club than Brighton, with a much bigger history and they play football at a higher level. It is a club that is after Ajax the most successful in Holland and a club that play regularly in the champions League while Brighton will probably be back in the Championship in a season or two.

Secondly, Jahanbakhsh is definitely no Messi, he won't do better than PSV because that's the best he can do with his level of talent. It is an honor to play for a club where great players such as Ronaldo and Romario have played. It will boost his confidence, Holland is very well suited for his style of play as a classic winger. De Jong moved to Sevilla at the age of 29 after failing in England an Germany as well, so what you're saying is nonsense.

If he stays at Brighton it may very well be the last we hear from Jahanbaksh. It's an insult that they want to transform him to a right back, the man is a classic winger capable of playing beautiful attacking football and this shitty club wants to take that away from him. They want to destroy the player he is, his essence as a footballer is that of being an authentic winger! If it was me i would've left immediately, he can always make good money in Qatar or elsewhere when he is in his thirties. Right now he should get the best out of his career and that isn't at a shit club that puts him in the stands or plays him as a right back!

I really enjoyed Jahanbakhsh's style of play at AZ, and hope he goes to PSV to get back to his old form and football identity.
                I agree with everything you just said.

What is even the maximum for ARJ at brighton? Rotation player, maybe he gets a semi decent run of games at right back? Maybe he even gets games further up the field and scores 4 or 5 goals. Do you guys ever think he could move from there to a top club??? Its impossible. Could he ever play CL or EL? Highly unlikely. Moving back to PSV, although a major downgrade in league, is a huge upgrade in team. He will be back in european football but with a team much stronger than AZ so he can show himself. Just like theri CF luuk de jong who was a total failure at newcastle he can play for even 1 season in Holland and then make a big transfer again, but this time to a team and league that he knows will use him to the best of his abilities.

The BEST he will achieve at brighton is mediocrity. Hope he realizes what hes doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Oz View Post
                  After 2-3 seasons...

This. One hundred times this.

Comment

Jahanbakhsh's issue is definitely team/atmosphere related. The guy didn't produce last season but to be fair to him he was dealing with a team where the Center mids were basically accessory centerbacks/their actual Centerbacks were the English pioneers of Ali asghari, and the fullbacks needed Jahanbakhsh and the other winger to help them play their position. That and poor understanding with Murray, coupled by arrogance/rivalry with Knockaert.

It's a bad formula.

I'm not sure what the answer is. He will stay because he never gives up. He is a talented footballer capable of much. It should be noted that team choice is important and I wonder how his form would be if he went to La Liga/Bundesliga. Azmoun changed teams to a more attacking in control one and he is quickly becoming even more of a monster that he was becoming.

Comment

Stop blaming Brighton players, coach, etc. PSV may be a bigger team but EPL is much, MUCH better league. Alireza wants to try to make it and this is his one chance. He is the right age to do it. If he goes back to Eredivisie that is it, his dream of playing in top league is over. He can easily do that in 1 or 2 years if this doesn't work out.

Potter has talked about him a bit to media over the past few days and everything suggests he is in his plans, and not just as RB. It is two games into a long season. He has a lot to prove but to suggest his season is over is beyond ridiculous. He is smiling and laughing in training because he is happy, and I am sure he had a chat with Potter. If Brighton didn't want him he would be gone already.

Chill out.
                      ballast parcham bi boro bargard refigh negaran nabash bikhod to aslan

Comment

it's about respect... he is not getting it at Brighton

Do you. think. Potter can just tell the management your record signing is not in my plans sell him for half and write of 10mn pounds... this is not how it works!!!!!!!!!

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

Comment

Lozano move from PSV to Napoli makes ARJ move to PSV much more likely

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

Comment

Last year, I was hoping JB would make the starting lineup. Today, I'm hoping he makes the 18-man roster.

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
                              Last year, I was hoping JB would make the starting lineup. Today, I'm hoping he makes the 18-man roster.
                              I’m not sure if either is great, so long as he’s not getting any significant playing time.

Comment

Even objectively, a punt on JB from PSV would make sense, they might not even need to pay a loan fee or all of his salary and he has a proven record in Eredivisie, even if his stock has fallen considerably due to his stats for BHA last season.

BHA might now be looking to offload him now given he hasnt even featured on the bench, and the chance of getting some of their money back might be higher if he has a good season on loan there.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X