No announcement yet.

Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lmao.. Like I said before, at this stage, its either a move to Dutch League or loan to Championship. Either that, or toughening up and fighting for your spot.

Knowing ARJ i knew he wouldn't chose Championship. PSV is a solid team but definitely a step down in terms of the league. I remember someone mentioning Berghuis and this situation is oh so similar. Berghuis went back to Feyenoord after a failed stint at Watford and has been doing very well.

Comment

If this is true, he needs to accept the offer. Can be on load though.

Comment

It is utterly disrespectful they're not giving ARJ more opportunities at Brighton. He only had 1 season under his belt--not that he played 90 min every game either.

He's a decent and good-hearted fellow, and unfortunately didn't realize the sheer ruthless cutthroat nature of PL teams. They treat players as disposable more than any other league, and are very mechanical.

Comment

I don't really buy the rumors that a deal is about to get done. I read on twitter that PSV made another effort to get JB but seems like JB is focused on Brighton and PL.
          Andy Naylor just released this article on JB 30 minutes ago. Download the app and you'll be able to read it for free if you aren't subscribed to The Athletic.
          https://t.co/X6tMPBsORk?amp=1

Comment

sadly i think arj was as naive as some of you.

English teams dont give a shit about loyalty or player development. They have so much revenue from TV, other sponsorships that even teams like brighton can afford to just discard circa 20 mil EU signings for new ones if they fail to produce immediately. arj should never have gone there in the first place.

PSV is a much better team for him. They still have quality players (ones that Id say are even better and more highly rated than ARJ), and he can go there and start immediately and connect with them. Bergwhijn who was chased by Bayern all summer and is a starter for Holland, rosario and Dumfries also NT players. Donyell Maalen at CF, the wonderkid cm ihataren who is just 17. Two very young highly rated cbs brought in from abroad in baumgartl and boscagli and the new winger brought in from leipzieg, portugeuse international bruma. New left back brought into replace the one that went to manchester city, youngster from valencia who played regularly there toni lato. They have a stacked roster, more so than brighton in terms of talent for sure.

and btw, they just sold their CF at teh age of 28, luuk de jong, to sevilla. He had a bad stint at newcastle and came back to holland and now got a great move. IMO, ARJ is even younger than he was then and Im sure by 28 if he goes back to PSV he will have another shot at getting a big move and can choose more wisely.

A front line like :
            Bruma-----ARJ-----Bergwijn
            -----------Maalen----------

with strong midfielders like Ihattaren and Rosario in behind them is very formidable, young, fast, and technical and could really shine in europa league and make a deep run.

OR he could fight tooth and nail for 10-15 games max at brighton. His choice. I know what Id pick if I were in his situation.

Comment

A loan transfer is the best. He shouldn't spend multiple years in the Dutch league.

Comment

I think he will soon play regulary but Im afraid that it will be a position similar to March, I mean wing back...

Comment

Baba call it a mistake take the PSV offer go back to a team and league that respect you and proof everyone wrong. Its Brighton for God's sake not ManU or Arsenal you are holding on. PSV>>>BAH

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

Comment

he needs to go back to Holland. Any top club in Holland

Comment

Originally posted by Prowess View Post
                      It is utterly disrespectful they're not giving ARJ more opportunities at Brighton. He only had 1 season under his belt--not that he played 90 min every game either.

He's a decent and good-hearted fellow, and unfortunately didn't realize the sheer ruthless cutthroat nature of PL teams. They treat players as disposable more than any other league, and are very mechanical.
                      this...! besides his overall playing style doesnt suit the EPL action anyways, so even if given more time, it'll likely always be a uphill climb for him trying to establish himself in this team/league as a regular starter..!

Originally posted by Melvino View Post
                      I think he will soon play regulary but Im afraid that it will be a position similar to March, I mean wing back...
                      yup, if BHA Keep playing with the same or similar formation, there are nearly no other position he could realistically be a shoe-in for anyhow..!? I believe that is the biggest reason why BHA/Pothead so clearly want him shipped off anyhow..!!
                      he sure as shitt aint much of a pure CF (perhaps he could fill the more drop-back and free roaming 2nd striker that his buddy Locadia play..?) and he would very likely struggle to play AM/CM in this league, and would have difficulty unseating the likely starters in BHA in that position.

His best likely Fit in the current BHA Starting set-up is oddly replacing the veteran RB Montoya/March or possibly Locadia in the attacking front..!!? depth is pretty decent in nearly all likely suitable positions in BHA (same situation in nearly all other EPL teams..!) so even if he manages to unseat a current favored starter, he is unlikely to become a regular starter in this team/league..!
                      other formidable WingBack options at BHA are Bernardo who I'd personally rate far superior to him or March on the Left wing and he is still to get a glimpse of action yet..! and i suppose the speedy youngster Izquirdo could be a decent option too, if he ever recovers from his perpetual sick-note status..!!?

all in all, a Possible Loan move to PSV sounds like a fantastic option, especially if he can retain much of his current pay structure in place..!!? which id guess is the sticking issue preventing a loan move so far, imo...!?

Originally posted by saadat_abad View Post
                      I don't really buy the rumors that a deal is about to get done. I read on twitter that PSV made another effort to get JB but seems like JB is focused on Brighton and PL.
                      Andy Naylor just released this article on JB 30 minutes ago. Download the app and you'll be able to read it for free if you aren't subscribed to The Athletic.
                      https://t.co/X6tMPBsORk?amp=1
                      can you please C&Paste the full article ...!

Comment

Awful news if true this guy teared up the Eredivisie just to have one bad year in England and go back? That makes 0 sense to me I’d rather he fight it out for his spot rather than just going back.
                        Team Meli Iran
                        Perspolis FC
                        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                          Awful news if true this guy teared up the Eredivisie just to have one bad year in England and go back? That makes 0 sense to me I’d rather he fight it out for his spot rather than just going back.
                          Do you understand he is not part of Potters plans? How can you fight from the stands?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

Comment

PSV may be in Europa league this year, would be a decent move. I don't see them selling him a year later though as no clubs will be splashing for him

Comment

Disgusting club.

Comment

This is so sad... He's being used as a wingback in training as well...

Albion look at Alireza Jahanbakhsh in new role

Albion*are eyeing Alireza Jahanbakhsh as a wing-back in their new system.

The Iran international has missed out on matchday 18-man squads for the Seagulls’ first two Premier League fixtures.

That is expected to continue when Southampton visit the Amex on Saturday.

But first choice wing-back Martin Montoya believes Jahanbakhsh could step in at some stage if required.

Contrary to many expectations, Albion did not add a right-back to their squad this summer after the retirement of Bruno at the end of last season.

Jahanbakhsh, meanwhile, has been intermittently linked with interest from the Eredivisie this summer.

Attack-minded Montoya is pleased with his form so far this campaign and is enjoying the openings created by the wing-back role.

The former Barcelona man told The Argus: “It looks like I am the only right-back but Ali can play in that position. He is a wing-back as well, he is a winger.

“He isn’t a full-back but he can play wing-back. It is always between me and him when we are training.”

Head coach Potter has already used winger Solly March in a wing-back role.

Although Albion were open to signing a right-back in the summer, a well-placed source said it was “not a priority” as the transfer window moved into its final days.

Montoya wants to get back to winning form after mixed feelings about the 1-1 draw at home to West Ham.

He said: “The feeling was bittersweet. We went behind and we got a draw but we deserved to win.

“The other day against Watford, every ball we got on target went in.

“Against West Ham, the ball didn’t want to go in.

“But the image we are giving of ourselves is very different.

“I think as a group we are lot better than last year, more united.

“That is the most important thing, to keep working and trying to improve.”

https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/178...khsh-new-role/

Comment

Working...
                                X