Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by happydoggo View Post
    Am I the only one thinking that AJ won't feature much in Graham Potter's setup?

What I can gather from Potter's tactics, he wants to have pacey players and plays out from the wings. From what I've seen in PL AJ doesn't have the pace required. Don't know where he will fit in.
    Ghoddos is not pacy, and he was used very well within potters system.

Potters system, at ostersund at least, was more reliant on lots of playmaking using the wingers, not neccessarily pace dependent.

ARJ IMO, is exactly the type of player potter likes, good at combining, playmaking, and giving those quality 1 ,2 passes.

The problem with hughton was that his team did not engage in playmaking at all, all of their goals were essentially fluke or headers by defenders.
    AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Originally posted by KeonKish View Post
      Ghoddos is not pacy, and he was used very well within potters system.

Potters system, at ostersund at least, was more reliant on lots of playmaking using the wingers, not neccessarily pace dependent.

ARJ IMO, is exactly the type of player potter likes, good at combining, playmaking, and giving those quality 1 ,2 passes.

The problem with hughton was that his team did not engage in playmaking at all, all of their goals were essentially fluke or headers by defenders.
      I hope your assessment is right. AJ better come out of his shell soon or I think it will be a painful season.

I'm with you with how Hughton was setting the team up, a new manager was really needed.

Comment

Originally posted by happydoggo View Post
        I hope your assessment is right. AJ better come out of his shell soon or I think it will be a painful season.
        I'm with you with how Hughton was setting the team up, a new manager was really needed.
        Creating goals from open play was woeful last season. Statistically, it could be put down to the absence of Pascal Groß and José Izquierdo who would have made up the difference with their record of the season before.

I would argue that Hughton's rigid 4-4-1-1 with two wingers was the fault as it conceded possession in midfield and relied too much on the long pass. Potter's 4-2-3-1 is actually playing out from the back in your own half and notionally even more defensive but more possession based football.

It is not a magic formulae and is really down to the players.

José Izquierdo and Bissouma will miss the start of the season with injuries. Bruno has retired. So the season starts with three first teamers needing replacements.

Comment

Originally posted by Perseus View Post
          Creating goals from open play was woeful last season. Statistically, it could be put down to the absence of Pascal Groß and José Izquierdo who would have made up the difference with their record of the season before.
          I would argue that Hughton's rigid 4-4-1-1 with two wingers was the fault as it conceded possession in midfield and relied too much on the long pass. Potter's 4-2-3-1 is actually playing out from the back in your own half and notionally even more defensive but more possession based football.
          It is not a magic formulae and is really down to the players.
          José Izquierdo and Bissouma will miss the start of the season with injuries. Bruno has retired. So the season starts with three first teamers needing replacements.

Jose Izquierdo was barely part of the first team last season.

Comment

Izquierdo is a fast winger but has no playmaking ability in him.
            "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Originally posted by Perseus View Post
              Hold on. I may have jumped the gun. It seems to be Kevin Mac Allister that has gone to Boca and Alex Mac Allister that is still at Argentinos Juniors ??
              Q: Alexis Mac Allister will reportedly join Boca on loan for a year, although a well-placed source has told The Argus no firm decision has been made yet on his future.
              Alexis Mac Allister’s one-year loan deal with Boca Juniors has been confirmed by parent club #bhafc. He trains with his new colleagues today.

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.co...tes-loan-move/

Comment

Wow, I can confidently say that this Tudor Baluta, romania u21 cdm, who brighton signed in January then loaned back out to his club, is better than than any brighton defensive mid at the moment. He is a fantastic player. Wish arsenal had signed him.

Macallister also looks quite talented.

If I was brighton management I would dump these old overrated british losers like stephens, murray and other garbage like knockaert, etc and build around these young guys. It will be more profitable for them in the future and cant be worse than the present crap.

---------------Ryan-------------
                RB------Duffy-----Dunk-----Bernardo
                --------Baluta------Bissouma------
                ARJ-----------Gross----------Mcallister
                ------------Andone/Locadia----------

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                  Wow, I can confidently say that this Tudor Baluta, romania u21 cdm, who brighton signed in January then loaned back out to his club, is better than than any brighton defensive mid at the moment. He is a fantastic player. Wish arsenal had signed him.

Macallister also looks quite talented.

If I was brighton management I would dump these old overrated british losers like stephens, murray and other garbage like knockaert, etc and build around these young guys. It will be more profitable for them in the future and cant be worse than the present crap.

---------------Ryan-------------
                  RB------Duffy-----Dunk-----Bernardo
                  --------Baluta------Bissouma------
                  ARJ-----------Gross----------Mcallister
                  ------------Andone/Locadia----------
                  Mcalistar has been loaned to Boca juniors so it'll mostly be Silly boy or the Belgian left winger they're trying to get.

Comment

Originally posted by saadat_abad View Post
                    Mcalistar has been loaned to Boca juniors so it'll mostly be Silly boy or the Belgian left winger they're trying to get.
                    well that was unnecessary.

Comment

BHA vs. Crawley Town in club friendly on July 19th.

Hoping to get a glimpse of ARJ's new role.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                        BHA vs. Crawley Town in club friendly on July 19th.

Hoping to get a glimpse of ARJ's new role.
                        Haha man that's like a month from now, someone's excited!

Comment

Brighton and Hove Albion have signed Matt Clarke from Portsmouth
                          https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comm...d_matt_clarke/

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

hum...! further fuels the Dunk eminent departure rumors..!!?
                            lets hope at the end of it, they have enough money left in the transfer coffer to bring in more reinforcement in MF and attack where the biggest needs are..!

Comment

Originally posted by persian_pooya View Post
                              Haha man that's like a month from now, someone's excited!
                              You know it!

I didn't by two ARJ/BHA jerseys for nothing

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                                You know it!

I didn't by two ARJ/BHA jerseys for nothing
                                poor lad, still waiting on him to score his first goal, so that he could wear his kits around town without getting hackled..!!

Comment

Working...
                                X