Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2019-2020

Starting a new thread, for a new season, with a new coach, and hopefully a new beginning for ARJ at BHA. Best of luck to you Alireza jaan!

JAHANBAKHSH HOPING FOR BRIGHT FUTURE WITH IRAN

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.co...ure-with-iran/

Brighton & Hove Albion winger Alireza Jahanbakhsh was pleased to make a goalscoring return to international action with Iran, and feels the future is looking bright for his country with a new coach at the helm.

Jahanbakhsh scored the opener in a 5-0 win over Syria on Thursday, to secure a first victory under Marc Wimots, ahead of Tuesday’s friendly against South Korea in Seoul.
    He said, “It was a great game; it is always tough to play against Syria, and we had a good performance.

“It was pleasing for me to score after training hard and I managed to get 65 minutes before being subbed.

“It’s good for me to keep training and to be in good shape for the new season. Now we have South Korea coming up, who have got good quality players and are in the middle of their league competition, so most of them will be in good shape.

“We know it’s going to be a tough game, but hopefully we can put in a similar performance to the Syria one.”

The 25-year-old spoke more about Iranian football in general, and believes the pedigree of former Belgium national team coach Wilmots can take the team far.

“We’ve been making good progress in the last couple of years. We’ve qualified for the World Cup the last two times and made the semi-finals of the Asian Cup earlier this year, where I thought we deserved more.

“We know that he [Wilmots] brought through the very best Belgian players in a generation, like [Eden] Hazard and [Vincent] Kompany, with many now playing in world-class teams.
    “They got better during his time as a coach, and that sounds good to us as players. We are looking forward to working with him, training with him and improving ourselves to make a bigger step to achieve our goals.”

Matters then turned back to Albion and Jahanbakhsh spoke about how he has gained a keen insight into Graham Potter from Iran team-mate Saman Ghoddos, who played under the new Seagulls coach at Ostersunds FK.

“He [Saman] was very positive about our new manager and that gives me even more of a good feeling ahead of the start of pre-season.
    “Football-wise he wants to use the wingers, and get them to create chances. It’s all about looking forward and scoring goals, but he also wants to talk to the players and get the feeling of the way they like to perform.

“I am really looking forward to linking up with him and to see how he wants us to play.”

Comment

This is a good idea because of how big the other thread was getting . I hope that he gets to show the best of himself this season, there is an interesting article on BBC Sport at the moment looking at some of the teams in the EPL and where they may need to sign according to who is at their peak already and the percentage of minutes they played in the league last year. Alireza is in his peak phase for a few more years at least and played less than 30 % of the minutes in the league last year, shows why there was no consistency.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48473708

Comment

I read that quickly and thought Ghoddos was going to transfer to BHA. Got excited for a sec.

I REALLY REALLY hope ARJ has a better season this time around.
        #WilmotsOUT

Comment

The reasons behind a poor first season for Alireza Jahanbakhsh at Albion (Article)

https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/176...on/?ref=twtrec

Comment

Brighton fixture list announced , first game is away at Watford followed by first home game against West Ham.

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/brig...m1437p1orb6a7u

Comment

seriously reading through the comments, Brighton fans are seriously stupid.. they think they know it all when it comes to football. ( not all of them are stupid but most of them from what I've seen )

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                Brighton fixture list announced , first game is away at Watford followed by first home game against West Ham.

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/brig...m1437p1orb6a7u
                First match August 10th! Can't wait. I have a feeling that Potter will finally take the reins off ARJ and let him do what he does best: be a true right-winger, get in the box, and take shots.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                  First match August 10th! Can't wait. I have a feeling that Potter will finally take the reins off ARJ and let him do what he does best: be a true right-winger, get in the box, and take shots.
                  I definitely don’t think he will be playing wing back which is a positive. From what I know Potter likes his wingers to play like wingers.

Comment

Have they completed any transfers in or out yet !?
                    Any rumors on that front yet ?

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                      I read a rumour the other day , can’t remember where that if Harry Maguire leaves Leicester that they would go in for Lewis Dunk.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                        I read a rumour the other day , can’t remember where that if Harry Maguire leaves Leicester that they would go in for Lewis Dunk.
                        Fat chance of BHA allowing it ..!
                        Wasn’t he like their 2nd highest goal scorer & that as a CD ..!? & didn’t they signed both their starting CBS to new 5 year deal .!?

I suppose that could happen if LCFC agree to part with a decent player( say a young striker or decent AM ) as a part of the exchange..!

Comment

Well the good thing is he can’t have a worse season than this year so he’s bound to improve. I think he’ll find his momentum soon and do well
                          --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                          --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                          ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                          --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                          ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                            Albion in talks to sign Genk winger Leandro Trossard

Comment

I imagine they would sign another winger, but they really need help in midfield. Not even Trekator would consider BHA's current midfield duo of Propper and Stephens.

And lol @ Dunk to Leicester City. Never seen a more over rated player. Dont understand BHA fans adulation. He scores goals which masks his terrible defending, repetitive dangerous blunders, and over all poor decision making.

Comment

Working...
                              X