Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by khodam View Post
    ^ My bigger worry is that ARJ plays and saves Brighton from deserved relegation.
    Well, we can hope for the best of both worlds: ARJ plays and scores some more amazing highlight reel worthy goals, but BHA continues to lose. ARJ goes to a more appreciative team, and BHA goes to the Championship!

Comment

Brighton will not relegate. It seems unlikely although their final games are against teams higher in the standings than them. Manchester City being one of them and a likely loss tomorrow.
      We will just have to wait and see if ARJ transfers. All he can do is train hard to get better day by day and take his chances if they come.

Comment

ARJ is the biggest Idiot in history if he doesnt leave Brighton, one day if he reaches his good days again they will cry for him

Comment

As much as I am frustrated with the situation for ARJ, Potter's style does produce more goals from open play than Hughton's did last season albeit at the expense of a far weaker defensive setup. Kind of a shame really because as many have mentioned before, a setup where ARJ doesn't have to play as RB half the time would've been exactly what could've helped him express himself more last season.

I hope he doesn't transfer back to holland but any situation is better than Brighton. The ideal one would be that he goes to another mid/lower table PL side where he actually is rated by the coach. That or moves to a different top level league.

Comment

Its kind of fascinating that some people here still try to convince themselves that may be, just may be, there is some redeeming aspect of Potter's genius we are missing!!

THERE IS NOT!!!

Coaches are judged based on results. His results SUCK. They suck in EPL. They SUCKED in Championship, where he took an recently relegated EPL team and finished 10th with them in second tier!! His only claim to fame is what he did in Sweden. Based on that logic, Ghaleh Noi should coach Liverpool.

His only talent is sweet talking various clubs into giving him another contract.

EDIT: My apologies to Ghaleh Noi. He won the IPL 3 times!! The best Potter did in the all-powerful Swedish league was 5th and 8th place. My apologies to Ghalenoi and his fans for comparing him to Potter.
            Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Originally posted by nisfejahan View Post
              Its kind of fascinating that some people here still try to convince themselves that may be, just may be, there is some redeeming aspect of Potter's genius we are missing!!

THERE IS NOT!!!

Coaches are judged based on results. His results SUCK. They suck in EPL. They SUCKED in Championship, where he took an recently relegated EPL team and finished 10th with them in second tier!! His only claim to fame is what he did in Sweden. Based on that logic, Ghaleh Noi should coach Liverpool.

His only talent is sweet talking various clubs into giving him another contract.

Potter definitely has redeeming factors. He is a good coach. Not a world-class coach, not on Pep's level, but he is a good coach which can be in charge of any given mid-table EPL team.

His results are better than Hughton already in a season which the competition is higher than last year( Huddersfield was weaker than norwich, Aston Villa is better than Fulham,etc...), and he is on his first year as the coach.

With that said, he has his faults ( changing formation every game, playing march over Alireza, etc... )

Comment

It makes me cringe whenever Pothead says something along the lines of "hes been unlucky" and "its unfortunate" when referring to ARJ not playing.
                As if its not his decision whether or not ARJ plays.

Like this article back in 8/2019..
                https://www.skysports.com/football/n...brighton-plans

that was 11 months ago, and since that day ARJ has played only 3 games. 2 of which he scored. 1 of which was probably the best goal a BHA player has ever scored, and it was against fucking CHELSEA.

Is he just passing the buck or is he actually retarded?
                #WilmotsOUT

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                  Potter definitely has redeeming factors. He is a good coach. Not a world-class coach, not on Pep's level, but he is a good coach which can be in charge of any given mid-table EPL team.

His results are better than Hughton already in a season which the competition is higher than last year( Huddersfield was weaker than norwich, Aston Villa is better than Fulham,etc...), and he is on his first year as the coach.

With that said, he has his faults ( changing formation every game, playing march over Alireza, etc... )
                  As I said, it is fascinating!!!

Evidence that he is a good coach?!! Based on what, exactly. Results are very similar. Probably will finish with a few more points than last year. And why do you say the competition is higher? Just based on a very subjective comparison of two bottom teams?!!! One can make a similar argument about Arsenal, ManU, Spurs, etc, being much weaker this year.

First year coach, so what? He is supposed to get better results. That's why coaches are changed, to get better results, not the same. And that after spending a good amount of money again.

Last year results, you ask?? Took a team that was in EPL for 7 seasons (Swansea), and finished 10th with them in the Championship.

Yeh, as I said it is fascinating.

Comment

Evidence that he is a good coach?!! Based on what, exactly. Results are very similar. Probably will finish with a few more points than last year. And why do you say the competition is higher? Just based on a very subjective comparison of two bottom teams?!!! One can make a similar argument about Arsenal, ManU, Spurs, etc, being much weaker this year.

First year coach, so what? He is supposed to get better results. That's why coaches are changed, to get better results, not the same. And that after spending a good amount of money again.

Last year results, you ask?? Took a team that was in EPL for 7 seasons (Swansea), and finished 10th with them in the Championship.

Well if you are going to ignore the obvious improvement on the field and look only at stats, then Brighton already has 36 (total last season) points with 4 games left. still doing better under potter than Hughton.

Comment

I know before I have had my say on this matter. Have you seen the list of players that Swansea lost as they had just been relegated, Jordan Ayew, Borja Baston, Kyle Bartley, Alfie Mawson, Fernandez, Ki-Sung Young, Fabianski. They got rid of a lot of their first team players and only brought a few in, it was also a season where there was lots of disarray behind the scenes and problems with owners and the Chairman left. With all that they still finished tenth in what is one of the hardest leagues to get promoted out of.
                      I’m not saying he is the second coming of Bob Paisley but he is doing well within the means of what he has to work with, albeit as mentioned before he makes the wrong formations decisions at time’s and the team picked can be questioned.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                        Well if you are going to ignore the obvious improvement on the field and look only at stats, then Brighton already has 36 (total last season) points with 4 games left. still doing better under potter than Hughton.
                        Yes, he may finish with a few more point. That is true. How many more? Will see. He is lucky that the remaining games are completely meaningless for the opposing teams, but he is still in danger of relegation. Even then, it is a marginal improvement, nothing to get excited about.

Yes, I am going to ignore the "style". Funny thing, in league play, they do not award points for style. Only for results.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                          I know before I have had my say on this matter. Have you seen the list of players that Swansea lost as they had just been relegated, Jordan Ayew, Borja Baston, Kyle Bartley, Alfie Mawson, Fernandez, Ki-Sung Young, Fabianski. They got rid of a lot of their first team players and only brought a few in, it was also a season where there was lots of disarray behind the scenes and problems with owners and the Chairman left. With all that they still finished tenth in what is one of the hardest leagues to get promoted out of.
                          I’m not saying he is the second coming of Bob Paisley but he is doing well within the means of what he has to work with, albeit as mentioned before he makes the wrong formations decisions at time’s and the team picked can be questioned.
                          It is normal for teams to lose players when relegating. But then again, the team was playing in the Championship, not EPL anymore. Lest we forget, Potter finished 10th, not 1st , second, or even 9th.

Oh. yeah, Chris Houghton promoted BHA out of that very same (hardest) league. And this was with a team that almost relegated out of Championship before he took over.

Comment

It is normal for teams to lose players when relegating. But then again, the team was playing in the Championship, not EPL anymore. Lest we forget, Potter finished 10th, not 1st , second, or even 9th.

Oh. yeah, Chris Houghton promoted BHA out of that very same (hardest) league. And this was with a team that almost relegated out of Championship before he took over.
                            A league where teams like Leeds, Nottingham Forest etc have found it difficult to get out of, yes it is a hard league. Look at Stoke and Huddersfield this season, look at Sunderland last season. A league where Wolves got relegated from not long ago, you could go on.
                            Yes it is usually for Premier League teams to lose players when they relegate which is why they find it hard to adjust to the Championship with players of a lesser calibre.
                            As I said I am not saying he is an amazing manager but that for the team they are he is doing a good job. We are not talking about him taking over at a mid table team but a lower table one. Hughton did a great job to take Brighton out of there and into the Premier League and to keep them up was an achievement in itself. The club brought in a new Technical Director who has done well with youth set ups in the past ie the job he did at West Brom which has been shown with where the young players they are now bringing through and where they have been sold to(Louie Barry going to Barcelona and then on to Aston Villa for example). It is why we are seeing a reliance on Connoly at the moment and also the purchase of Lamptey from Chelsea. It seems as if this the way they want the club to move forward and they see Potter as being the right man as that is what he did that season in Swansea he brought through the younger players to take over from those they sent out on loan or sold, ie Dan James and look where he has gone on to.

Comment

LOL.....

Do not want to make this into a Potter thread. But a friend of mine made an edit to Potter's Wiki page, just mentioning that his results are not stellar, and within minutes, it was edited out and replaced with some glowing verbiage about how his style is inspired by Pep's.

I have to give it to him. He probably has pretty fast and agile people working for him. Unfortunately, not on the soccer field, but on his PR team.

Comment

Akhe kodoom ahmaghi chooses a team like Brighton for their move to England?

A team with no history, i didn't even know them til 5yrs ago. It was a dumb move on all parties.

What was the best outcome he expected?
                                Theyre not a team to make UCL or EL.
                                Did he think he was going to come and make a name for himself at this club

Its clear it was a decision made based on money and nothing else. This is the result of wrong choices in life. Now he has to live with it.

Realistically i can only see him going back to Holland with a massive pay cut. No other team will pick him up

Comment

Working...
                                X