Iran vs. South Korea (Asian derby) | 11.6.2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kavian View Post
    If Iran plays the way it played against Syria I am afraid is gonna be the other way around.
    This Korean squad is not as strong as they were in our prior encounters, additionally I belive more in our players given this formation made them look sharper and provided some our player with a much more of a free role.

Comment

We have to keep in mind how little time Wilmots has had to understand the players and to get them on wavelength he wants them to be at.
      This game more than anything else will just show the style of tactics he employs against stronger opposition. Will he take risks or go conservative?

Comment

Originally posted by The Realist View Post
        I alway felt that CQ never saw Iranian players capable of sustaining a high tempo open game, hence he opted for a more defensive combined with counter option. Indeed, we were certainly exposed a couple of times behind PAG in the Syria’s game.

Hopefully Ws magic wand can install a different approach with no leakage at the back.
        TM looked fit enough to sustain such vs Syria, however it was a Friendly with [B]6+ subs, and it was somewhat weakened Syria @ Azadi, officiated by an irani ref..!!
        so not quiet the same ordeal if you take into account the BOLDs above...!
        besides, I suppose you could drill and whip TM players into Shape and Fitness to sustain such a high energy all out pressing and attacking formation and tactics in an official match too....but If and When TM faces a Quality Opponent then they probably wont be rushed into making silly errant passes, left N right all too easily a la Syria and if you over-commit they hit you back on a dangerous counter swiftly..... remember what happened vs Japan in the AC Semi's...??

Lets see how WM's all-out attacking and high pressing tactics pan out vs SK on Tuesday...? then we get a better idea if TM player possess the composure and fitness to run up on koreans relentlessly like they did vs Syria ...? lets not be oblivious to the fact that even the Syrian's held their own well, until they conceded the opening goal and then failed misrably to respond and got progressively sloppier as the game went by...!

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
          This Korean squad is not as strong as they were in our prior encounters, additionally I belive more in our players given this formation made them look sharper and provided some our player with a much more of a free role.
          i observed same ...!! especially MFders and Attackers seemed to have been given the go-ahead to switch places as they see fit and support each other on attack..!! but when we lost the ball and we had to track back and press the opponent in wave or as a whole the CQ Influence and Defensive and Pressing Organization was unmistakably Evident and the combination of the two made for very exciting and fun to watch overall performance from our boys vs Syria..!!

Comment

Originally posted by Philosophy_King View Post
            Turks are lucky to had such an intelligent leader like Ataturk who stick Turkey to Europe and progress (compared to other middle eastern countries). They playing Teams like France, Germany, Spain, Netherlands where we have to "kale bezanim" with Syria, Uzbekistan, Iraq and co.
            Just wished we could learn from them and invest in our relations with Europe, not just from a sportive perspective but in general.
            We had a very similar leader called REZA SHAH who united and modernized a backward Iran and we still got rid of him wanting a regime that took us back where he started ! Typical eerooni mentality.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post

I believe they are even stronger now. They even beat Colombia 2-1 and broke Queiroz's 7 year undefeated streak against the Koreans.

Comment

odds makers have made SK the favorite to win tomorrow....I'll be putting some cash on TM
                Team Meli Iran
                Perspolis FC
                Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Our defense is going to be the main concern. Even in the game with Syria there were so many lapses. On the right side Ramin has actually become a total deficit. He looks nervous, his positioning is off, passing is poor and in general tries to do everything the hard way ... he is going to be owned by koreans. Amiri should also sit on the bench and let Torabi start.

Comment

A lot of people in here severely underestimating South Korea.

Originally posted by Kavian View Post
                    Our defense is going to be the main concern. Even in the game with Syria there were so many lapses. On the right side Ramin has actually become a total deficit. He looks nervous, his positioning is off, passing is poor and in general tries to do everything the hard way ... he is going to be owned by koreans. Amiri should also sit on the bench and let Torabi start.

I wouldnt go as far as calling him a deficit. Agreed that Ramin looks a bit nervous and shaky, but he sure does hustle, probably why it seems that his positioning is off. He plays deep in offense for a RB, similar to the likes of Alexander-Arnold. Im sure with a bit more training under MWs new strategy he will find his positioning.
                    #WilmotsOUT

Comment

For a while now I’ve felt that Ramin is probably our biggest weakness. He is absolutely horrible at handling pressure and we’ve seen that exploited so many times. His positives are decent delivery and a willingness to make runs forward but he is horrid in buildup play and defensive positioning

Comment

https://twitter.com/1980daddy/status...37922374742023

Comment

Not only inaccurate, but pretty racist video. Using images of Arab players to depict TM players. It would not go well with SK fans if we did the same and used other Asian teams’ images on our critique of SK.

Comment

Koreans can't even make a good clip to show their frustration.

Marc said he is determined to win tomorrow and I approve his message.

Here is the cheesy clip:

https://www.aparat.com/v/oiGRP/%D8%A...B1%D8%A7%D9%86

Comment

Funny thing is the clip where they show Son taking a shot against Liverpool. He didnt score.

I really hope we win tomorrow.
                              #WilmotsOUT

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                                Not only inaccurate, but pretty racist video. Using images of Arab players to depict TM players. It would not go well with SK fans if we did the same and used other Asian teams’ images on our critique of SK.
                                To be fair.. South Korea has some absolutely dangerous technical players like Wu Lei, Gaku Shibasaki, Teerasil Dangda, and Nguyen Anh Duc. We are the underdogs.

Comment

Working...
                                X