Iran vs. South Korea (Asian derby) | 11.6.2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aram View Post
    Does anyone know if South Korea is playing ith B or C squad?
    It's their A squad. Did you even watch the game? It was very important for them to win.

Comment

LOL some of you just love complaining...

An Away Korea in Seoul, especially with players like Son playing is probably a tougher task than facing Japan on neutral turf.

That being said, its a friendly match. Results don't mean anything. Just a few months ago, Colombia lost to this very same South Korea team 2-1.

Our defense lacks its true form without Queiroz, but that doesn't mean it can't develop under Wilmots. I think considering results, he has done a pretty good job with Iran thus far.

Comment

Poor game plan, if any available at all and dissolved defense line. Nice to hear we want to play an offensive style but at what cost? We were lucky to draw the game and owe it all to individual class of every single player only.
        I couldn't decipher our game plan and couldn't find any team work at all. God may be merciful with us for upcoming matches. Amen

Comment

Defensively we will not be as good as CQ’s teams so forget that TM now. Let’s hope we can get the goals in so that we can compensate the goals we will let in.

In this game the Koreans were playing their hearts out, they will feel this draw as you could see they were gutted at the end of the game.

TM made a lot of mistakes in the back and the Koreans couldn’t punish us more than once, so were were lucky. Overall an exciting game, especially the 1st half

Comment

Originally posted by OFFSIDE_1 View Post
            overall good game for TM. An away game against S. Korea is not easy.
            Need to play a more disciplined defense
            We need to remove Kaanani for Shariati IMO and get him used to TM as he is the future of our backline

Comment

We are superior. We always were.
              I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

The second half was like watching paint dry - it looked like both teams ran out of steam in the change rooms!

It was nice that Korea scored first (again on individual lapses) so that we can see how the guys responded to being a goal down and the response was quick. So that was definitely a positive.

I didn't understand the JB/Nourollahi sub but the next 3 subs (pulling Torabi, Ehsan and Karim out made total sense). On a lighter note, Shojaei couldn't even play 5 minutes without sticking out like a sore thumb!

I don't think we will be seeing the likes of Torabi, Amiri and Shojaei in TM for much longer and I don't think Nourallahi made the best impression on Wilmots. Overall it was a good friendly for Wilmots to evaluate everyone because he hasn't even seen anyone play in the league yet.

Comment

thanks
                  tuned in too late
                  saw bits and pieces from min 75 and on, id appreciate a Replay link, HD preferred .. and yea i take some fries to go with that ..!
                  1-1 is a very respectable result imo..!!
                  for me it was vital Not to Loose and give up that mental edge back to SK and we managed to do that in a very daunting and contentious setting ...!!

also, i think its becoming clear to me that Overall Japan is a class above SK and TM still.....!! Id love to be grouped with SK again for WCQ and avoid Japan, if at all possible..! been so long since we played Aussies that im not sure how we'd fare against them..? would be nice to avoid politically charged and highly emotional games vs SA or arough .... who does that leave for us..??

Comment

Overall a good friendly game for our coach to familiarize himself with our players in his first real test. Azmoun was greatly missed and our defense was shaky and it’s important moral boost to not lose to Korea.

Things that stood out:
                    - Beiranvand is king
                    - Mohammadi is good at defending but he is terrible moving forward. Poor touches, dribbling and crosses
                    - Pouraliganji has very slow reactions
                    - Ansarifard is a good shadow striker (holding the ball, passing and creating an opportunity for other strikers, therefore he never gets himself into shooting positions and can’t carry the offense
                    - Ebrahimi is solid at DMF
                    - Ezzatolahi is still nowhere close to where he was before
                    - Amiri has no skill set other than stamina and should be phased out
                    - Jahanbaksh was taken out a bit early and our attack significantly slowed down after he was subbed
                    - Shojaei is one of the slowest players on our team

- none of our subs were effective today, our team created some good passing plays and played much better in the first half. Second half we were shaky and we owe the draw to beiranvand. I think a perfect friendly for our new coach to test our players and play in a difficult environment, the friendly was a great test and did it’s job.
                    --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                    --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                    ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                    --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                    ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Philosophy_King View Post
                      Our second half reminds me on our Aliasghari days (specially when we played them in WCQ 2009 on their soil).
                      It actually reminded me of 2 matches ago against Japan, except with less mistakes and without the 3 goals!

Comment

Overall impression:
                        First half showed nice fluidity and both sides looked sharp. Second half both sides looked like they shot up morphine at half time and forgot how to play football, especially our defenders. Wilmots needs time, no coach on the planet can piece together a team in just a week or so. I like the attack-minded formation but i think his subs were questionable, granted this is a friendly.

Takeaway points:
                        - Rezaeian is a glass cannon of sorts. He has decent delivery and his positioning in ATTACK is good but so much of our buildup play goes through him and it feels like he is a black hole whenever it is passed to the right hand side.

- Mohammadi, Pouraliganji both had their worst performances in a TM shirt I have seen thus far. They look like they have stagnated developmentally and I think its because of their club situation.

- Having Taremi and ARJ made our attack look like night and day, they both brought a lot more stability and danger when going forward. If we had our full arsenal at our disposal (ESPECIALLY Sardar) this game could've been a wrap.

- Ebrahimi was solid but I always feel like he doesn't offer much going forward and isn't sharp with his passing.

- Ansarifard was totally anonymous in the second half BUT he had great linkup play with Taremi in the first half, of course Sardar can do that AND actually finish a chance.

- Nourollahi was terrible, only positives from him came from the handful of times he won the ball back and the nice shot he had but he isn't talented enough to be at the core of our attacking midfield

- "GOALKEEPER BEIRANVANDUUU" is world class and needs to get a damn transfer already, dahane maro service kard dige

- It really looked like we had no plan in the second half. We had good, patient buildup play in the first but it all went down the drain and switched to aliasgari style ASAP in the second which was frustrating to see. The Koreans looked incredibly sloppy, even Son made some errant passes. If this was Japan it would've been 3-0 all over again.

Comment

Originally posted by happydoggo View Post
                          Lol we drew against Korea because they made a own goal.

It looked like we played without a plan tbh.
                          so koreas goal against us was a quality play?

Comment

Originally posted by Karimi 8 View Post
                            Overall a good friendly game for our coach to familiarize himself with our players in his first real test. Azmoun was greatly missed and our defense was shaky and it’s important moral boost to not lose to Korea.
                            - Shojaei is one of the slowest players on our team
                            badbakht bichare 35 saaleshe :-D hercules nist ke
                            TEAM MELLI UNTIL THE END

Comment

Originally posted by persianallstars View Post
                              badbakht bichare 35 saaleshe :-D hercules nist ke
                              There's a point where a player should decline a call up. Look how Daei's insistence on accepting brown goh the Angolan tire's call ups killed our offense and the development of other forwards.
                              I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

I am sure the Koreans will be much more critical of their team than us. They had home advantage and their full team and still couldn’t win. That desire to beat Iran still has not been fulfilled.

However I have not seen so many Iranian players be turn inside out by any attaching side, they kept cutting in & out and almost all TM defenders were left for dead, wonder if our defenders were committing too early today.

Comment

Working...
                                X