Iran, Croatia football federations sign MoU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iran, Croatia football federations sign MoU

Quietly and consistently, Taj continues to do the footwork necessary for TM. Damesh garm!

https://www.tehrantimes.com/news/436...tions-sign-MoU

We signed such things with the Netherlands & Italy I guess but we didn't see anything

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
      We signed such things with the Netherlands & Italy I guess but we didn't see anything
      Well, friendlies and player/coaching staff/academy exchanges don't just happen out of thin air. It's personal connections and formalized relationships that get things done (as in most businesses/organizations). This the first step, and I'm glad Taj is being proactive. The alternative is the Saudi model of paying a league/team/nation to have your players sit on their bench and learn by osmosis, but I prefer Taj's methods.

Comment

We have signed these with Italy, Armenia, Netherlands and now Croatia. Yet the last time a Middle or Western European Country came to Iran for a football game was in 2004/2005, Iran against Germany. And that i think only happened because of the terrible earthquake Bam, so it was a charity match. My point is that the Mullahs don‘t want our people and nation to be happy, they rather steal the countrys wealth themselves and don‘t spend on football at all. Our next friendly in Korea will be sponsored by the Koreans completely! Wake up people!!! This coming from a die hard team melli fan

Comment

Originally posted by Babak_Shirazi View Post
          We have signed these with Italy, Armenia, Netherlands and now Croatia. Yet the last time a Middle or Western European Country came to Iran for a football game was in 2004/2005, Iran against Germany. And that i think only happened because of the terrible earthquake Bam, so it was a charity match. My point is that the Mullahs don‘t want our people and nation to be happy, they rather steal the countrys wealth themselves and don‘t spend on football at all. Our next friendly in Korea will be sponsored by the Koreans completely! Wake up people!!! This coming from a die hard team melli fan
          Your statement is inconsistent with the facts on the ground. Why pay Wilmots a hefty salary then? Why spend money to travel to SK for a friendly? Why send our U-18 team to Granatkin tournament?

The more logical answer to the lack of friendlies in Iran, is the sanctions and restrictions placed on EVERY nation who wants to do any business with Iran (including paying for friendlies). The European football federations (just like the European companies who pulled out of Iran) are terrified of getting slapped with US sanctions violations and penalties. Unfortunately, it's the state of affairs that we're in now.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
            Your statement is inconsistent with the facts on the ground. Why pay Wilmots a hefty salary then? Why spend money to travel to SK for a friendly? Why send our U-18 team to Granatkin tournament?

The more logical answer to the lack of friendlies in Iran, is the sanctions and restrictions placed on EVERY nation who wants to do any business with Iran (including paying for friendlies). The European football federations (just like the European companies who pulled out of Iran) are terrified of getting slapped with US sanctions violations and penalties. Unfortunately, it's the state of affairs that we're in now.
            How SK and Qatar two Us allies are afraid to pay and play friendlies with iran btw?

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
              How SK and Qatar two Us allies are afraid to pay and play friendlies with iran btw?
              Same way IFF found ways to finally/ultimately pay CQ and Wilmots (though with expected delays). Iran and IFF have been doing this for 40 years and find work arounds to the sanctions (one way or another). It's the recipient who must take on the risk of delayed payment (which is why CQ, understandably, complained to FIFA). The Europeans, unfortunately, are not willing to take that risk at this time, but hopefully this will change.

Comment

Don‘t blame everything on Sanctions. We also didn‘t have any decent sides coming to play against us in Iran before.
                If you wanna play the big guns, you gotta pay millions, which Iran could easily do. But unfortunately the country is run by a bunch of bi sawads and thieves. I‘m hoping the best for the future though! I mean we are friends with turkey, lets bring them over to Azadi for a game! You can‘t get ready for the world cup by playing against Sierra Leones Third Team 😂

Comment

Originally posted by Babak_Shirazi View Post
                  Don‘t blame everything on Sanctions. We also didn‘t have any decent sides coming to play against us in Iran before.
                  If you wanna play the big guns, you gotta pay millions, which Iran could easily do. But unfortunately the country is run by a bunch of bi sawads and thieves. I‘m hoping the best for the future though! I mean we are friends with turkey, lets bring them over to Azadi for a game! You can‘t get ready for the world cup by playing against Sierra Leones Third Team 😂
                  How does a team like Haiti, the poorest country in the northern hemisphere get to play a country like Chili? It happened last week. Just wondering.

Comment

MoU for the vitrine....to justify the dinner of the different meetings..
                    World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper
                    sigpic

And on the 8.Day God created Ali Karimi, and he saw he was good!
                    If Defenders were allowed to use their hands to stop Karimi
                    -

Comment

Signing is only the first step. Need to rigorously follow up to get results.

Frankly I prefer if Iran starts to do more about Summer and Winter Olympics sports. Soccer gets too much time, money, and attention in so many countries.
                      sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Working...
                      X