Iran vs Syria - Page 21

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 223

Thread: Iran vs Syria

  1. #201
    PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Leicester City's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Leicester
    Posts
    5,610
    Thanks
    4,269
    Thanked 5,206 Times in 2,189 Posts
    Rep Power
    751687


    Meet your Persian Love Today
    Allahyar Sayyadmanesh is a World Class Player.! He showed this when he scored in 10 Minutes when he came on!

    He should start against South Korea.

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Leicester City For This Useful Post:


  3. #202
    V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    BacheLot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    Posts
    29,603
    Thanks
    41,536
    Thanked 10,531 Times in 5,374 Posts
    Rep Power
    42949730
    Quote Originally Posted by Nokhodi View Post
    Its still way too early.
    CQ had us playing much more attacking from 2011-13, then we lost to Lebanon and Uzbekistan and he completely changed our style.
    it almost seems like every time he risked opening up TM and trying a more attacking game plan, it ended up blowing back in his face in a worse possible way...!!? besides those examples u mentioned, i can also think of iran/iraq AC 1/4final, Syria WCQ at home, Bosnia @ wc14, and off course the Japan clash in AC semis..!

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to BacheLot For This Useful Post:


  5. #203
    Senior Member
    Reputation
    mangekyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    113
    Thanks
    52
    Thanked 112 Times in 44 Posts
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by BacheLot View Post
    it almost seems like every time he risked opening up TM and trying a more attacking game plan, it ended up blowing back in his face in a worse possible way...!!? besides those examples u mentioned, i can also think of iran/iraq AC 1/4final, Syria WCQ at home, Bosnia @ wc14, and off course the Japan clash in AC semis..!
    I agree, but we played very good attacking football against Argentina in the second half, and against Portugal and Spain after conceding. And we were solid in the back too.

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mangekyou For This Useful Post:


  7. #204
    V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    BacheLot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    Posts
    29,603
    Thanks
    41,536
    Thanked 10,531 Times in 5,374 Posts
    Rep Power
    42949730
    Quote Originally Posted by Leicester City View Post
    Allahyar Sayyadmanesh is a World Class Player.! He showed this when he scored in 10 Minutes when he came on!

    He should start against South Korea.
    that was a fantastic, near post header .... yet as expected, he still looks a bit raw and nervous to me overall ...!! requiring a bit more conservative and longer bed-in period, so as to not kill his fragile confidence ..! whiffing a shot on goal was a clear signal that he needs more time ... and careful integration...!
    when we went up 3-0 early in 2nd half, i knew then he will likely be given his first cap and afforded a chance to get his feet wet in TM....! highly doubt WM would be presented with a similar opportunity to give him some more minutes at SK..!!?

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to BacheLot For This Useful Post:


  9. #205
    V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    BacheLot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    Posts
    29,603
    Thanks
    41,536
    Thanked 10,531 Times in 5,374 Posts
    Rep Power
    42949730
    Quote Originally Posted by mangekyou View Post
    I agree, but we played very good attacking football against Argentina in the second half, and against Portugal and Spain after conceding. And we were solid in the back too.
    Under CQ we certainly looked a very formidable Counter Attacking side(argentina and Spain were good examples of such, even portugal game, but to a lesser extent..!), but i dont recall us being a dominant attacking side that dictated tempo and possession in the opposition half ..!? especially in vital fixtures and most official matches ...!
    in my view CQ's biggest contribution to our football were administrative and professionalization of our league and especially our national team programs...!! in those terms, he was simply a Revolutionary Figure and an absolute Legend to be revered and appreciated Forever..!

  10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to BacheLot For This Useful Post:


  11. #206
    PFDC Top Member
    Reputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    perspolis#1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,645
    Thanks
    1,026
    Thanked 4,361 Times in 2,022 Posts
    Rep Power
    28576315
    Quote Originally Posted by BacheLot View Post
    Under CQ we certainly looked a very formidable Counter Attacking side(argentina and Spain were good examples of such, even portugal game, but to a lesser extent..!), but i dont recall us being a dominant attacking side that dictated tempo and possession in the opposition half ..!? especially in vital fixtures and most official matches ...!
    in my view CQ's biggest contribution to our football were administrative and professionalization of our league and especially our national team programs...!! in those terms, he was simply a Revolutionary Figure and an absolute Legend to be revered and appreciated Forever..!
    This is because we never played like that!

    Even at the strongest pinnacles of our Team Melli there were always passages of play that we allowed the opposition to have the ball and to at least try to score.

    Even when we had playmakers like Karimi, our attacks were mostly either individualistic dribbles with 1-2s or crosses being our way forward.

    I can't remember us having total pressing and passing domination the way Manchester City/Bayern/Barca pins a team back.

    We had some absolutely domineering tactical performances with CQ such as the Korea games where Korea could play another 10 hours and never put a shot on goal.

    Under Branko we had some games where we attacked heavy through sheer force of numbers(Korea/Japan). Nothing like what you describe though.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to perspolis#1 For This Useful Post:


  13. #207
    PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    irani8perspolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Ramsar, Iran
    Posts
    7,762
    Thanks
    5,593
    Thanked 8,462 Times in 3,137 Posts
    Rep Power
    6407849
    Quote Originally Posted by Leicester City View Post
    Allahyar Sayyadmanesh is a World Class Player.! He showed this when he scored in 10 Minutes when he came on!

    He should start against South Korea.
    Too early. You can still see he is inexperienced. Missed a 1v1 easily because he rushed his movements. Give him another 2 years or so before he is starting regularly on TM.

  14. #208
    PFDC Supporter
    Reputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    DR Strangemoosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,844
    Thanks
    454
    Thanked 4,142 Times in 1,594 Posts
    Rep Power
    15150721
    The second chance that Allahyar missed was just one of those things. Many forwards miss those chances.

    The first one though was different though, that was something that improves with training. You don't see that kind of thing in the professional game and it's just a case of more practice.

    But he did so well to get into positions and took his header (his third real chance) really well. I think it's great that Wilmots brought him in and gave him a run to get a goal on his debut, I hope he gives him a few more chances over the next 2-3 years and it would be great if he is on the plane to Qatar.

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DR Strangemoosh For This Useful Post:


  16. #209
    PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Leicester City's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Leicester
    Posts
    5,610
    Thanks
    4,269
    Thanked 5,206 Times in 2,189 Posts
    Rep Power
    751687
    Quote Originally Posted by irani8perspolis View Post
    Too early. You can still see he is inexperienced. Missed a 1v1 easily because he rushed his movements. Give him another 2 years or so before he is starting regularly on TM.
    Because Taremi, Azmoun, and Ansarifard score on all the opportunities they receive. (Especially the latter player yesterday)

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Leicester City For This Useful Post:


  18. #210
    PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    inarsenewetrust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    6,789
    Thanks
    5,516
    Thanked 13,155 Times in 4,248 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
    The second chance that Allahyar missed was just one of those things. Many forwards miss those chances.
    The first one though was different though, that was something that improves with training. You don't see that kind of thing in the professional game and it's just a case of more practice.
    But he did so well to get into positions and took his header (his third real chance) really well. I think it's great that Wilmots brought him in and gave him a run to get a goal on his debut, I hope he gives him a few more chances over the next 2-3 years and it would be great if he is on the plane to Qatar.
    unbelievable. Ive seen lukaku and werner produce carbon copies of allahyars finish multiple times this year, especially werner. Allahyar went to chip it like he did from the same exact blade of grass on azadi a few months back for that great goal, but then hesistated at the last second and tried to wrap his foot around it. Also lets think that despite his bullish mentality and physique he no doubt had butterflies becoming the youngest ever to play for Iran.
    Ansarifard has had 13 years more practice than allahyar, many of them in europe, and still misses the same chances. Taremi, dont even go there with his bad misses. Even azmoun. And these are all good players, so are werner and lukaku. My point is, there is really no need to overanalyze a miss like this, it happens to all players.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to inarsenewetrust For This Useful Post:


+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Members who have read this thread : 340

You do not have permission to view the list of names.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
[Output: 99.17 Kb. compressed to 89.78 Kb. by saving 9.39 Kb. (9.47%)]