No announcement yet.

Iran vs Syria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A good performance and introduction for our coach, obviously a very weak opponent, but a warm up for our friendly with Korea which will be heated. Lets see how we deal with our first test as we prepare for the qualifiers, I wouldn't count this game as much. Good moral boost and that is about it, and nice to see the young 17 year old score!
    --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
    --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
    ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
    --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
    ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

We are superior. We always were.
      I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Pouraliganji's slow reactions, defending on the wrong side of the attacker and getting beat on combination plays makes me nervous. Let's hope Hosseini is OK, I really don't care if he does not play against Korea. Overall we looked good for a team with a new coach that has not played a match since its exit from AFC Championship.

Comment

This was Syria’s full team - 2 players

TM also did not have 3 of our main starters

This was our first victory over Syria in 10 years no matter friendly or official games

Comment

I have not watched the full game yet so I will hold off on sharing all my full thoughts until then, but, the one thing I will say for now is that our aerial defending seems to be a bit weaker compared to the seyyed jalal-montazeri era.....in the AC both majid and PAG got exposed in those areas at times and it in the first half today there were one or two moments I saw PAG in no mans land.
            Team Meli Iran
            Perspolis FC
            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Neither the opposition, score, nor result matter.

This, SK game and the remainder of the year really are just about building experience.

Comment

Man I remember how I felt when Taremi got that card in AC. I couldn't quite articulate the feeling, but I genuinely thought he would be more important against Japan than almost any player apart from Beiro.

He misses the odd easy chance, he is politically very naive and posts some absolute garbage on social media...

But the guy is an awkward player, stretches the opposition like nobody else, hustles, gets into good positions, and has a barnstorming understanding with Sardar. Our team always looks more dangerous with him around.

Wish he hadn't got that card.

Comment

Syria game was a great test for Wilmots but if TM can defeat Korea in Seoul then CQ's memory will diminish further( sadly) but we need to understand that it was CQ who 'professionalized' our IFF to be able to bring Wilmots, In addition to teaching IFF how to conduct itself, write a contract , CQ pushed for training grounds , A state of the art Performance Center and better infrastructure as well as charter flight. IFF needs to thank CQ for this , Wilmots needs to thank CQ for this, we need to Thank CQ for this!

Comment

Iran vs Syria

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
                    Wilmots to play attacking football and all the madrid barca fanboys here are happy.. get ready for the holes in our game to be shown. It might not be today but it will be korea 100%
                    We played attacking football in Asian Games and the only hole we had was in our football culture jumping on the Ref for every little call.

But, it can only get better if we don’t shoot ourselves in the leg every other day.
                    .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

Comment

Hope they watch this game for analysis...our defense was all over the place...Korea should show it all ...

Comment

Originally posted by eerooni View Post
                        Syria game was a great test for Wilmots but if TM can defeat Korea in Seoul then CQ's memory will diminish further( sadly) but we need to understand that it was CQ who 'professionalized' our IFF to be able to bring Wilmots, In addition to teaching IFF how to conduct itself, write a contract , CQ pushed for training grounds , A state of the art Performance Center and better infrastructure as well as charter flight. IFF needs to thank CQ for this , Wilmots needs to thank CQ for this, we need to Thank CQ for this!
                        CQ will never diminish in Iranian football. he kind of revolutionized our approach to many things.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                          Wilmots said he's going to play the same style against South Korea...!
                          This style of footballing against S. Korea usually hasn’t worked in our favor. Hopefully it will this time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by euphory View Post
                            CQ will never diminish in Iranian football. he kind of revolutionized our approach to many things.
                            If I know us correctly, everything he did will be forgotten in 6 months. Not that we will forget about him or what he did but we wont be using the same approach anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by euphory View Post
                              He has to maintain the skeleton of the defensive superiority with the attack that he has planned for us to play.
                              That would be a dream. Unfortunately I'm not sure it will happen and it was obvious today. This weak Syrian team created at least 2 dangerous scoring chances which hardly happened during CQ era. Beyranvand would hardly touch the ball against these kind of teams. He had to make an effort to save our goal today.

I hope I'm wrong and that this is just a first "getting to know you" game for Wilmots but my eye doesn't drink water.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                                That would be a dream. Unfortunately I'm not sure it will happen and it was obvious today. This weak Syrian team created at least 2 dangerous scoring chances which hardly happened during CQ era. Beyranvand would hardly touch the ball against these kind of teams. He had to make an effort to save our goal today.

I hope I'm wrong and that this is just a first "getting to know you" game for Wilmots but my eye doesn't drink water.
                                That is true, remember the team hadn't played a game since the asian cup. so it's obvious that it'll have some holes in it. we have to improve and improve fast.. and knowing the potential of our players, if they don't act stupid like the Japan game and grow up then we will have a very successful team.

Comment

Working...
                                X