Do you think we will make it to the World Cup 2022 ?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you think we will make it to the World Cup 2022 ?

High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks

Do you think we will make it to the World Cup 2022 ?

Meet your Persian Love Today
    I’m having serious doubts that we will make it.

- long corona virus break, fitness level of our players has always been a problem and now we have had out players sitting on their asses for such a long time only having cholo kababs and doogh
    - inexperienced no-name coach, who is this guy?
    - chaotic preperation, no friendly games, no camps, who is in charge at IFF right now?
    - historically we have had proplems with Arab teams, specially IRAQ we’ve never beaten them comfortably
    - we have literally no leader in our team, we had charismatic leaders like Nekounam, Dejagah before now there’s noone who can take that place, who is even our captain?

Just some points speaking against us, I am sure there is a lot more.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Ocean For This Useful Post:

شریف حریف نداره
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,860 Times in 6,221 Posts
    The better question is will there even be a World Cup in 2 years.
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

4. The Following User Says Thank You to KC McElroy For This Useful Post:

High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    1. It is still to early to talk about those things. The focus should always be the next game.
    2. As KC McElroy said the better question is will there even be a World Cup next year.

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,868 Times in 2,459 Posts
    I don’t see why not.

We have better legionnaires, league, and football than our competition does, so why should we not make it?

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,988 Times in 4,855 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leicester City View Post
    I don’t see why not.
    We have better legionnaires, league, and football than our competition does, so why should we not make it?
    this is the mentality that put us in this place to begin with. I know it is tempting looking at our squad, but reality is football is not played on paper.

Since departure of CQ who hammered this into the brains of the players, and even sometimes would pick seemingly inferior players to carry out specific tasks on the pitch, we can see a level of entitlement (not complacency imo) in TM.

Iranian media exacerbates this. See Japan match. "We havent won the asian cup in 40+ years, we HAVE to win now, "football e asia be ma ye jam bedehkare" that misaghi promo on 90, etc.

Nobody has a right to win a football match bc they have better players, their players are in cool european leagues, their players played at WC, etc. This may be true in some levels of club football, but in international football the arab players in particular are going out their to kill our guys and show that they are just a bunch of overrated stars. This is the exact mentality our guys have when they take on portugal, spain, morocco, argentina and why they performed so admirably. As long as the opposition has a competent coach with good motivational skills they are able to flip the equation on us (see iraq and bahrain)

IF we want to get through, then there must be a mentality reset by skokic. Yes we have best players, playing in best leagues, with most experience. We can use that to our advantage, but must also see its limitations. We still have to fight for every inch on the pitch, and start games as high intensity. If our players are at such a higher level than opposition, they should be able to keep the ball vs bahrain and iraq for more than 3 passes in a row. They typically cannot do this, so then they must be prepared to scrap for every inch and not get frustrated by that style of play or think they are above it. CQ got the team to accept this reality very well.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to inarsenewetrust For This Useful Post:

Super Moderator
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,613 Times in 4,571 Posts
    “Its hard to predict, but its even hard not to predict” - Adesor Vafaseya
    CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 3,323 Times in 1,479 Posts
    If Skocic can do the "mission impossible" and make us qualify to the WC, all the CQ nostalgia will all be forgotten.

At least until the WC.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sly For This Useful Post:

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KC McElroy View Post
    The better question is will there even be a World Cup next year.
    Next year? In 2021? Certainly not.

PFDC Valedictorian
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,216 Times in 903 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyeKingu View Post
    DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

شریف حریف نداره
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,860 Times in 6,221 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyeKingu View Post
    My bad. I edited it.
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread : 126

You do not have permission to view the list of names.