Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hossein Hedayati sentenced to 20 YEARS in prison and 74 LASHES

Tycoon sentences for financial corruption

TEHRAN – The Iranian Judiciary on Tuesday announced that it has sentenced a tycoon, Hossein Hedayati, to 20 years in jail, 74 lashes, and restitution of 4.48 trillion rials (1 USD at 42,000 rials at official rate) to the public treasury.

Hedayati is an Iranian business tycoon who purchased Steel Azin F.C. and invested into Persepolis F.C.

Judiciary spokesman Gholam Hossein Esmaili said in a press conference that Hedayati was convicted of disrupting economy.

In another part of his press conference, Esmaili said that courts have issued rulings for two persons who spied for the U.S. and Saudi Arabia.

"Rulings have been issued for two spies of the U.S. and Saudi (intelligence) agencies," Esmaili said, but declined to reveal any further details.

Iran occasionally identifies and arrests spies working for foreign intelligence agencies.

Esmaili had also said last Monday that a female Iranian national was sentenced to 10 years in prison for spying for Britain.

He told reporters in a press conference in Tehran that a female Iranian national who was in charge of the Iran desk at the British Council was sentenced to 10 years in prison after she made confessions.

The spokesman did not identify the person who was sentenced, but underlined that she was a female Iranian student who had been looking for earning residence permit and employment in Britain and was then hired by the British Council after a long process.

"She has later received the necessary trainings under the British security service, and after they trusted her, she was in charge of Iran desk at the British Council and organized different activities," Esmaili said.

He added that the convict had frequent visits to Iran under an alias name and planned and managed different cultural projects in the country in line with London's objectives.

"The person was under detention for over a year without a public announcement because the case was under probe and in the procedures for a court ruling," Esmaili said, explaining that she has been charged with acting against Iran's internal security.

Here is a short video of his verdict announcement moment:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bxt0nkSA...=1h4hek8cmaihf

https://www.tehrantimes.com/news/436...ial-corruption

The British national is Aras Amiri and it’s another bullshit charge.
    Sorry for talking politics in the football forum.

Comment

can't say that im surprise..!!this fool hedayati had it coming ..!
      there were so many football related financial dealing associated with him which made little business sense and screamed of some sorta scandalous shittt going on in the background..!!
      i'd more question the timing of his arrest and sentence than the actual thing ..!!

Comment

I have a credible source in Iran who is one of the executives of an ISO9000 credible non-military successful manufacturing company with amazing staff and results (yes, that's possible in Iran) who had attended multiple meeting with Hedayati related to his investments in steel. My highly respected and accomplished source said that Hedayati is not credible and untrustworthy based on his performance in the business deals that fell through. Now, none of that means that the trial here was fair and his conviction was not politically motivated. His wheeling and dealings in football have always been highly suspect.

Comment

Not that I really know this guy Hedayati or give a damn if people like him in Iran are free or in jail. That country has many Hedayatis and most of them are free or may be in Canada busy running a real estate development company. But I have to say the judicial system in Iran is a total joke. There is no presumption of innocence for the accused, there is no lawyer, there are no evidence, questioning of witnesses, no jury, no systematic way to arrive at a final verdict, no appeal process .. just a b.s. … khahar e harchi akhoundeh !!!

Comment

The only thing that I remember from Hossein Hedayati is him helping team melli koshti and Persepolise financially whenever they ran out of money. This made me assume he was a good guy but I guess not!

Comment

Originally posted by Kavian View Post
              Not that I really know this guy Hedayati or give a damn if people like him in Iran are free or in jail. That country has many Hedayatis and most of them are free or may be in Canada busy running a real estate development company. But I have to say the judicial system in Iran is a total joke. There is no presumption of innocence for the accused, there is no lawyer, there are no evidence, questioning of witnesses, no jury, no systematic way to arrive at a final verdict, no appeal process .. just a b.s. … khahar e harchi akhoundeh !!!
              You're right about that but this guy was just not very clever with the way he flaunted his wealth, especially in a country like Iran. I'm surprised he lasted this long.

Comment

Working...
              X