Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
    https://tvi24.iol.pt/liga/desportivo...como-ele-a-dez

Statement by Desportivo das Aves coach Augusto Inácio in the CD Aves Stadium press room after a 3-1 win against Marítimo in matchday two of the League. After analyzing the game, the avenses coach also addressed players Enzo and Mohammadi individually:
    [Mohammadi:] “In terms of movement, it was far from what I want. I could have taken better advantage of the releases. There are some misconceptions, I don't know if because of language. But we train. And what I don't like is that what we train doesn't come into play in the game. He has three moves in which he knew Welinton would enter between right-back and central and rarely put the ball there. It is a selfish player by nature. And it is not a criticism. Just see goal, just want to kick. But you have to learn to play as a team because you can score more goals. Tomorrow [Monday], will take in the head. But he is an interesting player, has a good left foot. On penalties I sometimes shiver, but I was quiet with him. It has a way of scoring incredible penalties. You lack more knowledge to yield more and be more visible than in today's game. »
    OUCH!!!

This is not a ringing endorsement!!!

Not following managers instructions. Being Selfish. Movement far from what manager wants!

Mehrdad better start listening!

Comment

Originally posted by koorosh View Post
      OUCH!!!

This is not a ringing endorsement!!!

Not following managers instructions. Being Selfish. Movement far from what manager wants!

Mehrdad better start listening!

I mean the guy already scored twice and his first goal was off a practiced set piece.

So lets not jump to conclusions here.

The manager is being honest and it's good that hes providing criticism, he's also praising him with regards to the penalty, the left foot, etc.

Surely he will start picking up more of what his coach wants tactically as he builds chemistry with his team.
      AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Their coach is an idiot for airing his dirty laundry to the media. He has to keep that internal. Rookie move.

Comment

I mean that’s fair on Augusto Inácio if he wants to constructively criticize Mohammadi. It’s his right as their coach.

But if he thinks Mohammadi is selfish, just wait until he sees Mahmoud Kahraba (their Egyptian player) play. Boooyyy is he in for a surprise! He is an extremely good player with quality, but god damn is he selfish af! If you do not take my word for it, watch his highlights... The guy opts to shoot from outside the 18 or whenever feels like it. Middle Eastern style of football.

Nonetheless, this was a strange comment from Inácio because he is already familiar with Middle Eastern football, especially during his tenure at Foolad, in which the joonoubi style of play relies on intense dribbling/individualistic charisma and limited teamwork/passing.

Comment

Every coach has his/her own style. Some of us may not agree with him speaking openly about what the coach thinks is missing regarding Mehrdad's performance and attitude. We are entitled to that choice of style. He did qualify it and said that they may have a communication issue due to language barrier that could improve with time. Either way, we may not agree with the coach's style yet I don't think we need to call him an idiot. I still think this is great for Mehrdad to listen and learn. We don't want the success of the first two games to get to Mehrdad's head. A competent coach see's what's missing and points that out.

Go Mehrdad!

Comment

2 goals and 1 assist in 2 games is highly impressive. Don’t know what the coach was thinking.

Comment

If coach didn't Beleive in him, he wouldn't make him start the 2 first matches of the seasons. He better take coaches advises serious. Individual and selfish plays is something that many coaches had mentioned regarding to Iranian players when they first join Europe. So nothing to be surprised or mad about.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Ye I’m guessing the coach just wants him to not get ahead of himself, he’s a good start so it’s just to keep him motivated to impress and not to get complacent .

Comment

god some of you are so soft and sensitive. Read the actual quote. He says "Its not a criticism, he sees the goal and wants to kick (score)". The coach is saying that its in his nature to often disregard other option when he gets around goal and go himself and that this is a habit he needs to work on so the team can continue to succeed moving forward, because there will be games and times when mehrdads not scoring and he will have to be effective in other ways.

Thats it. Not a big controversy at all. Probably something could have been lost in translation too.

Comment

As I posted in the Taremi thread, Aves are away at Rio Ave tonight at 21.15 GMT. Two hat tricks each for our boys please 😀

Comment

Mehrdad vs Taremi showdown today.

Pretty sure both will start
                        AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Originally posted by KeonKish View Post
                          Mehrdad vs Taremi showdown today.

Pretty sure both will start
                          I wonder if they both know each other

Comment

They are both in the starting 11. Mehdi is playing winger on the left and Mehrdad is striker. https://www.google.com/search?q=aves...n_lr;dt;fp;1;;

Go Mehdi!
                            Go Mehrdad!

Comment

Mahmoud Kahraba is starting too!

Kahraba + Mohammadi = Pace

Comment

Subs made in the 42nd minute , haven’t seen that for a while. Didn’t even wait for half time 😀

Comment

Working...
                                X