Mehrdad Mohammadi @ C.D. Aves | 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PrinceAli View Post
    To say a 26 yr old who just played his first season in Europe has maxed out his potential seems pretty unfair. Pretty much none of us expected him to have this performance in his first year in Portugal so it’s not really out of the realm of possibility for him to continue to surprise and grow as a player..
    If what you're saying was true, he would have offers left and right from European teams which he clearly does not. If he was 21 different story.
    "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
      If what you're saying was true, he would have offers left and right from European teams which he clearly does not. If he was 21 different story.
      He’s Iranian. Have you not understood yet that Iranian players have it harder due to politics? And how do you know he hasn’t gotten any Euro offers?

Comment

His first season in Qatar was quite good, he scored 12 goals, gave 2 assists in 22 games for Al-Arabi. Those are pretty impressive stats for a 7th placed QSL team. I hope we will see this guy back in Europe, he still has good age and I'm sure there will be teams after him with a higher calibre than CD Aves. Really liked what I saw from him.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
          His first season in Qatar was quite good, he scored 12 goals, gave 2 assists in 22 games for Al-Arabi. Those are pretty impressive stats for a 7th placed QSL team. I hope we will see this guy back in Europe, he still has good age and I'm sure there will be teams after him with a higher calibre than CD Aves. Really liked what I saw from him.
          He could've stayed after his good peformance @Aves, but he went for the $$$.
          Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
          O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Originally posted by pajamNL View Post
            Can’t fault him for that. Unlike others (PAG,Taremi,ARJ) he has not been on big money contracts in his life. For sepahan he was a solid player, not a star, and his contract was probably in line with that. Besides that I doubt he ever made much money through time in rah ahan, etc. even aves failed to pay him a big chunk of his wages (did same time rest of team) which is why he was allowed to leave on a free. It’s not like he’s very young or has the talent to get to a massive EU team and big contract there.

Him and milad come from a financially poor background and area, he got the chance to make many millions in Qatar to change his family/friends lives and went for it. Good news is after a couple years he will still be young enough / have strong enough reputation that a midtable Portuguese team could easily go for him again

Comment

Originally posted by pajamNL View Post
              Bro, they didn't even pay him the last few weeks he left early because of that. What do you want him to do?

It was during COVID, he hadn't scored for a while, no one was going to sign him.
              Original Ehsan of IK ISP and PFDC from 1999/2000!

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan_REAL1 View Post
                Bro, they didn't even pay him the last few weeks he left early because of that. What do you want him to do?

It was during COVID, he hadn't scored for a while, no one was going to sign him.
                He had other offers, he didn't had to stay @ Aves ; - )
                Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Working...
                X