No announcement yet.

Mehrdad Mohammadi @ C.D. Aves | 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are people giving Mehrdad crap? He's done absolutely brilliant, never mind that it's only in his first season outside of Iran.

What do you guys want? All of our legionnaires to be Ballon D'or winners? He's doing great, with his performances he should be able to find a good team.
    Ma Bishomarim

"!خدایا ایستاده مردن را نصبیم کن که از نشسته زیستن در زلت خسته ام"
    محمد مختاری -

"Lord, let me die standing, as I am tired of living in indignity and on my knees"
    - Mohammad Mokhtari

Comment

Not in the squad tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
        Not in the squad tonight.
        Well he voided his contract for not being paid.

Comment

Originally posted by Dortmund View Post
          https://old.reddit.com/r/soccer/comm...aves_bus_keys/

I don’t think there is a match until they find bus keys

https://old.reddit.com/r/soccer/comm...r_own_cars_to/

Seems like they have to drive their cars to the match
          Last edited by Leicester City; 07-21-2020, 01:24 PM. Reason: Edit

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
            So Mohammadi is weaker than Robert Berić who joined Saint-Étienne from Austrian league team?????
            No but different profile

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
              Lol, no way he will end up in Saint-Étienne.

They guy has hardly played any games for the national team and despite being technically and physically talented, does not have a high football IQ. Having a hand full of good performances in a bottom dwelling team isn't enough to get you signed by one of France's higher reputation teams. These rumors are bazaar garmi.

However, a team like Maritimo or even Rio Aves would be a decent move for him. Hopefully he stays in Europe.
              I respectfully disagree my friend. What Mohammadi has done with a piss poor team in CD Aves has been nothing short of perfection. His pace, physicality, technicality and shooting skills are very underrated and he can be very serviceable for Team Melli in the near future.

Yes his football IQ isn't on Taremi's level but it isn't that bad either... He's had 8 goals and 6 assists in 20ish games. Plus, football IQ can always be improved, but intangibles cannot. I agree that St. Etienne may be a little out of reach, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a low-mid table Ligue 1 or upper mid table Liga NOS team such as Braga, Rio Ave, or Vitoria pick him up.

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
                I respectfully disagree my friend. What Mohammadi has done with a piss poor team in CD Aves has been nothing short of perfection. His pace, physicality, technicality and shooting skills are very underrated and he can be very serviceable for Team Melli in the near future.
                Yes his football IQ isn't on Taremi's level but it isn't that bad either... He's had 8 goals and 6 assists in 20ish games. Plus, football IQ can always be improved, but intangibles cannot. I agree that St. Etienne may be a little out of reach, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a low-mid table Ligue 1 or upper mid table Liga NOS team such as Braga, Rio Ave, or Vitoria pick him up.
                ramin jaan st ettiene are a lower midtable ligue 1 team. They finished 17th last season... Rest I am in agreement with you. But I dont really think footballing IQ can be improved much. However mehrdad's directness and other qualities as you mentioned sitll proved he could be a threat especially for low possession teams.

People talking so lowly of him mean they havent watched his game much at all this season, speaking from rear end again.

I was under same impression when I saw him in sepahan, fast and direct and not much else. But if you watched how he torched benfica (especially the 40 million rated defender Ruben Dias...) and vitoria who were coming off good performances in europa league vs frankfurt and arsenal, in addition to the rest of his good performances and serious leadership qualities + balls to keep fighting on such a crappy team, and even his decent cameo for TM you cannot talk down on this guy or say he is at max "a maritimo" level player.

St ettiene are not juventus, they are a lower midtable, sometims midtable french club with a big history and currently very crappy forwards. Not a stretch at all for them to sign mehrdad on a free.

Comment

Bruno Fernandes, Ricardo Pereira and Cláudio Ramos have offered to help Aves players financially due to the crisis at the club

https://old.reddit.com/r/soccer/comm...láudio_ramos/

Maybe Mohammadi will get his money after all?

Comment

Originally posted by Dortmund View Post
                    Big mistake...our guys have simply bad managers...this smells like the next ghoddos case...Really can't understand the stupidity. Has any other Aves player done that?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                      ramin jaan st ettiene are a lower midtable ligue 1 team. They finished 17th last season... Rest I am in agreement with you. But I dont really think footballing IQ can be improved much. However mehrdad's directness and other qualities as you mentioned sitll proved he could be a threat especially for low possession teams.

People talking so lowly of him mean they havent watched his game much at all this season, speaking from rear end again.

I was under same impression when I saw him in sepahan, fast and direct and not much else. But if you watched how he torched benfica (especially the 40 million rated defender Ruben Dias...) and vitoria who were coming off good performances in europa league vs frankfurt and arsenal, in addition to the rest of his good performances and serious leadership qualities + balls to keep fighting on such a crappy team, and even his decent cameo for TM you cannot talk down on this guy or say he is at max "a maritimo" level player.

St ettiene are not juventus, they are a lower midtable, sometims midtable french club with a big history and currently very crappy forwards. Not a stretch at all for them to sign mehrdad on a free.
                      I have wasted plenty of time watching about 10-15 of his matches this season and have to disagree with your assessment of him as a player. Especially in regards to his decision making on the field.

I guess we'll have to wait an see if he can pull off the most improbable transfer in the history of Iranian football.

Comment

Originally posted by FF187 View Post
                        Big mistake...our guys have simply bad managers...this smells like the next ghoddos case...Really can't understand the stupidity. Has any other Aves player done that?
                        What? According to fifa guidelines when a player is not paid for 90 days they are free to leave the contract. Aves are in huge trouble with both fifa and portugese authorities, imagine not getting paid for 3 months!
                        multiple other players including GK did This as well. It is absolutely the right thing to do and perfectly legal, if anything encouraged. And there is a good market for him regardless of what some say. Him being a free agent will only increase his attractiveness to teams

His advisor is same guy who got milad contract at gent, and the agency (Base) is very well respected with many top clients.

Anyways, it seems he has not even terminated yet, his agent has told Ojogo newspaper...

“He has had several offers since January, but he made the decision to stay and help the club. The situation is not good, but he never left the club for financial reasons and did his best for Aves. The reason he hasn't trained in recent days is due to issues between Mehrdad, his agent and the club. We have not yet terminated the contract with Aves, but we will make a decision by the end of the week. Throughout the season Mehrdad received his late pay and he is now left with some of his unpaid paycheck, but it's not right that you haven't been paid for months.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ojo...-12453296.html

Comment

A lot of football IQ comes from lack of coaching. Rah Ahan, Sepahan, and CD Aves aren't really known for their world class coaching and tactics. As for St. Etienne, they had a fluke season. They are usually upper middle to top tier in Ligue 1. Not saying Mehrdad wouldn't be able to shine there, but it might be hard for him to find a starting role.

Either way I think we are in agreement about Mehrdad's skills and what he could provide for Team Melli.

Comment

Braga just bought 2 strikers, this takes Mehrdad out of the race for that club I guess...

Comment

so mehrdad confirms publicly he has many offers and that "a team that played PSG last week" is one of them and that he is one of that clubs primary transfer targets and has spoken to them. The smile on his face as he lets it out is pretty precious as he was trying to hold it in. Not bad for our khaki bache falah.

So much for him never being good enough for st ettiene. Sure some members here know more than st ettiene management and can air out a few more insults now to make themselves feel better.

Lets keep our fingers crossed, but if for whatever reason it falls thru I dont think he will be short of solid suitors.

Also disregard misaghi as always, feel free to mute whenever he speaks to make interview bearable.

Comment

so mehrdad confirms publicly he has many offers and that "a team that played PSG last week" is one of them and that he is one of that clubs primary transfer targets and has spoken to them. The smile on his face as he lets it out is pretty precious as he was trying to hold it in. Not bad for our khaki bache falah.

So much for him never being good enough for st ettiene. Sure some members here know more than st ettiene management and can air out a few more insults now to make themselves feel better.

Lets keep our fingers crossed, but if for whatever reason it falls thru I dont think he will be short of solid suitors.

Also disregard misaghi as always, feel free to mute whenever he speaks to make interview bearable.
                                st etienne played psg last week [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X