Mehrdad Mohammadi @ C.D. Aves | 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Malkay View Post
    Weird, when a European club (especially an English club) sign or are rumoured to sign one of our players and some of the "fans" of that club make derogatory comments about the player based on the fact he comes from Iran... so many of you are up in arms, with your name calling and sweeping generalisations about those nations based on the views of some idiot fans.

Maybe you all should practice what you preach.
    Even if iranian football is in trouble and may be declining, Iran shows very good things in front of the world twice (in the 2014 and 2018), in some decent euro league and in champions league.
    India showed nothing so far, even in crappy asia

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
      Even if iranian football is in trouble and may be declining, Iran shows very good things in front of the world twice (in the 2014 and 2018), in some decent euro league and in champions league.
      India showed nothing so far, even in crappy asia
      How many Indian national team players have left India at the age of 17 and been given the opportunity to develop their footballing education at club level where the infrastructure, coaching, level of play is at a standard Indian football clubs could only imagine to reach?

A 17 year old, is a 17 year old. If he has the raw ability to earn a move to a professional club in a reputable league, the factors that are going to dictate what he achieves in his career will b more in line with his character (determination, winning mentality, drive to succeed/improve, etc) and growth as a player through learning from experience and coaching, etc... not something as random as the part of land on this earth that he was born.

If all youth teams aiming to successfully develop players for their parent club followed your logic, they'd be made up entirely of players from the top 15-20 nations in World football.

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
      not at all. I havent seen this kid play, I wish him all the best. Cool for india to have somebody in euro leagues.

BUT, the original poster was indicating that this was an interesting signing, followed by talk of RB taking over aves, and then saying mehrdad should consider staying at this soon to be relegated team after his great season. No sweeping generalizations, just a regular observation that a kid from u17 indian team isnt gonna change aves fortunes at all, or give mehrdad a reason to consider staying.
      The OP was right, it is an interesting signing. Probably for the reasons in the line of thought in my debate above with PSGman. A European club signing a 17 year old kid from India is going to be far more newsworthy than signing a kid from Brazil or Argentina or even Japan or Korea for that matter. Personally I'd like to see more Asian footballers be given a chance, Iranian or not. It will be for the betterment of our confederation, which is probably the second weakest (most would agree OFC is the only weaker confederation).

This doesn't take away from the fact that you and a few other posters dismissed his chances of achieving anything, at least in the short term with Aves, because of his nationality as an Indian. Your wording is crystal clear, just own it. You're entitled to that opinion as much as I am to label it hypocrisy for the reasons I stated in my original reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Malkay View Post
        How many Indian national team players have left India at the age of 17 and been given the opportunity to develop their footballing education at club level where the infrastructure, coaching, level of play is at a standard Indian football clubs could only imagine to reach?

A 17 year old, is a 17 year old. If he has the raw ability to earn a move to a professional club in a reputable league, the factors that are going to dictate what he achieves in his career will b more in line with his character (determination, winning mentality, drive to succeed/improve, etc) and growth as a player through learning from experience and coaching, etc... not something as random as the part of land on this earth that he was born.

If all youth teams aiming to successfully develop players for their parent club followed your logic, they'd be made up entirely of players from the top 15-20 nations in World football.

The OP was right, it is an interesting signing. Probably for the reasons in the line of thought in my debate above with PSGman. A European club signing a 17 year old kid from India is going to be far more newsworthy than signing a kid from Brazil or Argentina or even Japan or Korea for that matter. Personally I'd like to see more Asian footballers be given a chance, Iranian or not. It will be for the betterment of our confederation, which is probably the second weakest (most would agree OFC is the only weaker confederation).

This doesn't take away from the fact that you and a few other posters dismissed his chances of achieving anything, at least in the short term with Aves, because of his nationality as an Indian. Your wording is crystal clear, just own it. You're entitled to that opinion as much as I am to label it hypocrisy for the reasons I stated in my original reply.
        If a 17 year old iranian signed for aves I would say the same thing. Its not about nationality. Most 17 year olds that aves are in a position to sign are not at the level to change their fortunes (rooted to bottom of Primiera Liga).

Comment

Loool

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
            No way!! They signed a Indian player?? Wow! Champions League here they come!
            Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
            A 17 year old Indian kid as well. This will really change their fortunes!
            Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
            From India or from USSR?
            Also Sanjeev Stalin was scouted by one our former Iranian players by the way who now lives in India, so that's kind of also why I mentioned this...

https://www.espn.com/soccer/u-17-wor...sanjeev-stalin

"At the age of 10 Stalin was spotted by Iranian coach Jamshid Nassiri who recommended that he should join a football academy."

Comment

Will Mehrdad be back today?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by FF187 View Post
                Will Mehrdad be back today?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk
                He won't. His injury is quite complicated. He will probably be out for another few weeks.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk
                golbezanpodcast.com
                twitter.com/GolBezan
                instagram.com/GolBezan
                youtube.com/GolBezan

Comment

Mohammadi is always needed

Nuno Manta will not be able to count on the Iranian winger for the match against Sporting

https://www.record.pt/futebol/futebo...z-sempre-falta

Aves has few goals and, in Alvalade, will not count on Mohammadi, who is one of the team's best scorers. "He is an excellent professional, who has an easy shot, who gives the team a lot in the defensive and offensive organization", admitted Nuno Manta, who, "without a dog", will "hunt with a cat": "We have others and we have to fight with who we have. We prepare the team for the changes that can happen, for different tactical systems. The group can adapt quickly to what I ask of them. They are rigorous and disciplined."

Three examples that inspire: At nine points from the rescue zone, Aves is practically doomed. But there is still hope and, this week, Nuno Manta gave the group examples of clubs that were saved when nothing predicted it. "The example of Tondela and Rio Ave and another one in 1968, of a team that was down there. I gave examples of moments, of some results. We have an athlete who was part of this Tondela team and also spoke, passed on this message of want. Even when mathematically it is not possible, we will be excellent professionals ", he stressed.

Comment

Originally posted by FMCSMUBLB View Post
                    He won't. His injury is quite complicated. He will probably be out for another few weeks.
                    Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk
                    Likely more than just a few weeks if it’s a broken collarbone or dislocated shoulder as it was initially reported.
                    Team Meli Iran
                    Perspolis FC
                    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9hJnhOA2Ek/

Mehrdad Mohammadi liked this post regarding rumor to S.C. Braga (As did Sosha Makani ), however it is said Mehrdad will seperate from CD Aves by end of the season. Can't find any Portugese sources or yet to be any but this rumor does not seem far-fetched or unreasonable.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9hJnhOA2Ek/

Mehrdad Mohammadi liked this post regarding rumor to S.C. Braga (As did Sosha Makani ), however it is said Mehrdad will seperate from CD Aves by end of the season. Can't find any Portugese sources or yet to be any but this rumor does not seem far-fetched or unreasonable.
                        I think this is a very realistic and logical move for mehrdad. Braga have improved in recent years and would give him a Europa League platform to show himself, and still stay comfortable in portugal which I think is important given he is still very new to Euro football

Comment

'Operational Mohammadi

Iranian striker contracted a shoulder dislocation more than a month ago

Striker Mohammadi is in the final stretch of recovery from the dislocation he suffered in his left shoulder in the match against Famalicão, played over a month ago, so he is in a position to start carrying out the same work schedule as the other teammates.

Availability to recover the physical indexes that the competition requires, in the certainty that your condition will be calculated accurately when the group receives authorization to return to training on the pitch.'

https://www.record.pt/futebol/futebo...di-operacional

Comment

I think he is fine. I saw a vid of him doing stay at home challenge with pushups and other upper body stuff without trouble

Comment

Confirmed in an interview today with Varzesh3 that he will move to another team. Made a lot of great points in the interview and said LOTS of Portuguese teams are interested in our players. Spoke about how the move to Europe improved his football and regrets not going earlier. Mentions the quality of the league and his favorite players in Portugal are Rafa Silva and Vinicius of Benfica.

(I will try to post the interview once I find on YT, but for now it’s on Varzesh3 Live Story)

Comment

https://video.varzesh3.com/video/212...85%d8%af%db%8c

here it is

Comment

Working...
                                X