No announcement yet.

Mehrdad Mohammadi @ C.D. Aves | 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys, who do you pick out of Vahid Amiri and Mehrdad Mohammadi? Why?

Comment

Originally posted by M.U.F.C View Post
      totally different types of players. Mohammadi has been mainly used by striker by his club but can fill wing position for TM too. Amiri has mainly been used as a CM or LM in defensive systems by CQ.

But Amiri is past his best for sure. If you had to pick one to be in the squad it would be mohammadi who has been a revelation in europe this year with exceptional statline, esp considering he is playing for the worst team in the league. 7 goals and 8 assists is very impressive. He has guaranteed himself to a bigger portuguese club (highly rumored to regular EL team Braga) and can give TM a different dimension in fwd line off the bench with raw pace, good dribbling ability, and strong finishing/shot/set pieces.

A more realisitic straight comparision would be karim or mehrdad, to which I say mehrdad every day of the week

Comment

At their best, Amiri is a tank. He runs and can battle with anyone. Underrated passer and probably our first left winger in a while who can actually cross and dribble too.

Comment

Amiri was very underrated at his prime, too bad he was discovered a bit late.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
            Amiri was very underrated at his prime, too bad he was discovered a bit late.
            agreed. He was one of few iranian players who had relentless engine combined with solid speed of play and foot skills. In my opinion after ebrahimi he was our best performer at WC with Beira.

Even last season he was solid for trabzonspor and went thru a couple decent stretches of games where he kept guys like yusuf or sosa out of the team before eventually returning to bench.

But I think at this point he is not the player that was so amazing at WC, better to let new talent come in, although he could be retained in qualifiers for experience in locker room as well, he is a very cool head.

Comment

Amiri layee against pique is one of the most legendary moves in our football history lol even if he was just an engine player, that instance in and of itself makes him very memorable

Comment

Are we picking who we take going forward or in general?

Going forward, has to be Mohammadi. I liked Amiri a lot esp during our WCQ 2018 qualifiers. He is 32 now though and unlikely to stay at his level going forward. Would rather gamble on our younger talents who can play that position
                He absolutely should be called if injuries are present or to get a goodbye in TM in a year or so.

Comment

I don't feel confident with this guy as regular in TM, he is too risky and one dimensional.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                    I don't feel confident with this guy as regular in TM, he is too risky and one dimensional.

Man hamnazaram.

Mehrdad in fasl besyaar khob kaar kard, amma potentiale Saman Ghoddos va Gholizadeh. kheili balaatare.
                    DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardalan View Post
                      Man hamnazaram.
                      Mehrdad in fasl besyaar khob kaar kard, amma potentiale Saman Ghoddos va Gholizadeh. kheili balaatare.
                      you guys are talking about different position though. ghoddos and Gholizadeh ofc are more important players than mehrdad, they are our chief creative players moving forward.

Mehrdad is a fast wing or forward option, who can come one late in games and stretch defenses. Plus he has good physique, dribbling, and strong shot and set pieces.

In the current TM squad, I think mehrdad would be replacing Karim.

he has nothing to do with limiting gholizadeh or ghoddos.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                        you guys are talking about different position though. ghoddos and Gholizadeh ofc are more important players than mehrdad, they are our chief creative players moving forward.

Mehrdad is a fast wing or forward option, who can come one late in games and stretch defenses. Plus he has good physique, dribbling, and strong shot and set pieces.

In the current TM squad, I think mehrdad would be replacing Karim.

he has nothing to do with limiting gholizadeh or ghoddos.
                        Man ham nazaram in nabood ke jaaye Ghoddos ya Gholizadeh raa migire, amma dar tarkibe asli nabayad baashe, bayad az rooye nimkat biyaad to zamin.

Ham-nazar hastim
                        DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
                          Are we picking who we take going forward or in general?

Going forward, has to be Mohammadi. I liked Amiri a lot esp during our WCQ 2018 qualifiers. He is 32 now though and unlikely to stay at his level going forward. Would rather gamble on our younger talents who can play that position
                          He absolutely should be called if injuries are present or to get a goodbye in TM in a year or so.
                          Yes, I meant who we should take going forward.

Comment

Yes, I meant who we should take going forward.
                            then again I would say that giving a choice between these two is not realistic or accurate.

Mehrdad is competing with somebody like Ansarifard, Amiri with the likes of torabi.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                              then again I would say that giving a choice between these two is not realistic or accurate.

Mehrdad is competing with somebody like Ansarifard, Amiri with the likes of torabi.
                              IMO Ansarifard has no business in TM anymore. Vahid Amiri can play as second striker like Mehrdad Mohammadi. Mehrdad Mohammadi can play as winger like Vahid Amiri.

Comment

https://old.reddit.com/r/soccer/comm...esportivo_das/

"Portugal's Primeira Liga: Former Desportivo das Aves Executive Director says in phone call that Wei Zhao, Chinese majority investor of the club, fixed 3 games against the club and made bets on them."

Comment

Working...
                                X