China to Host 2023 Asian Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

China to Host 2023 Asian Cup

South Korea withdrew its bid for the 2023 Asian Cup, meaning China will host it by default:

https://news.cgtn.com/news/3d3d674e7...d54/index.html

Mickey mouse tournament
    WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
      Mickey mouse tournament
      Same one you were complaining about us not winning since 1976.
      I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

good choice, i suppose...? finally a semi decent excuse for me to visit that country for the 1st time..!

Comment

Again Asian Cup in China? Like China 2004. I hope this time not the semi-final like we did Asian Cup 2004 against China 10-men. I hope Marc Wilmots will make us Champions of Asia after a good World Cup 2022 inshalal.

Why Iran not host the Asian Cup 2023?

Comment

Originally posted by shahabGAOL View Post
            Again Asian Cup in China? Like China 2004. I hope this time not the semi-final like we did Asian Cup 2004 against China 10-men. I hope Marc Wilmots will make us Champions of Asia after a good World Cup 2022 inshalal.

Why Iran not host the Asian Cup 2023?
            Lol wouldn't even know where to start, in order to answer that question. The reasons are endless

Comment

They'll be a much better host than 2004. After hosting the 2008 Olympics, China is very good at this sort of thing now.

I look forward to TM breaking our hearts in the semifinals again

Comment

That semi-final was disgusting but China is a good host when it comes to attendance figures.
                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AFC_As...ndance_by_year

Comment

Mickey mouse tournament
                  How is that exactly? If it was truly a Mickey mouse tournament should't we have hypothetically won it a couple of times in the past 43 years? Additionally, since 2007 no one has won the tournament back to back, which increases the quality of the tournament. And as you saw in this past edition, all teams regardless of how "small" put up a fight.

If because it's based in Asia you think that, let me tell you Asian football has vastly increased in this past decade or so and has the highest potential out of the other continents, it already has surpassed African football (as shown in the World Cup) and even has the potential to surpass South American football (FIFA Club World Cup) if it continues the path it's in right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                    How is that exactly? If it was truly a Mickey mouse tournament should't we have hypothetically won it a couple of times in the past 43 years? Additionally, since 2007 no one has won the tournament back to back, which increases the quality of the tournament. And as you saw in this past edition, all teams regardless of how "small" put up a fight.

If because it's based in Asia you think that, let me tell you Asian football has vastly increased in this past decade or so and has the highest potential out of the other continents, it already has surpassed African football (as shown in the World Cup) and even has the potential to surpass South American football (FIFA Club World Cup) if it continues the path it's in right now.
                    It was a joke due to the attendance and the officiating
                    WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

We suffered hot-humid climate in China last time.

Comment

Hopefully we will continue to beat teams like China and Oman in China like we did in UAE instead of losing to the them in penalties and a tie like we did in 2004.

Comment

here are the pictures for Asian Cup 2023 stadiums published by AFC

Under renovate

Beijing - Workers Stadium, Capacity 71112, Club Beijing Guoan,open date: 1959

Tianjin - Teda Football Stadium, capacity 36390, club Tianjin Teda, open date: 2004

Under construction:

Shanghai - Pudong Football Stadium, Capacity: 33,765, Club: Shanghai SIPG, open date : 2021

Chongqing - Liangjiang(Two Lake) Football Center, Capacity 46,800 Club: Chongqing Lifan, open date:2022

Chengdu - Fenghuangshan (Phoenix Mountain) football stadium, capacity 55,590 club: Sichuan FC open date: 2022

Xi'an -Fengdong XIFC football stadium, capacity 60,000 Club: Shanxi Chang'an Atheletic open date: 2023

Dalian - Dalian Suoyuwan (diamond bay) Football Stadium, Capacity 39,800 club: Dalian Yifang,open date: 2023

Qingdao — Sunshine new city Chengyang football stadium, capacity 52,800 club Qingdao Huanghai, open date: 2023

Suzhou, Kunshan city - Eastern City Sports park football stadium, capacity 45,000 open date 2022

Xiamen - Xiang'an Football Stadium, capacity 60,000 open date 2023
                          I am Tigersandys
                          Forza Guo'an
                          加油!国安队!

Comment

nice!
                            Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                            O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Mickey mouse tournament
                              You mean Persian Gulf Cup of Nations? (That's the only Micky Mouse Tournament for national teams that I am aware of)

Comment

Working...
                              X