Time to build for WC 2022

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Time to build for WC 2022

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks

Time to build for WC 2022

Meet your Persian Love Today
    with CQ now resigning, it is time to get in a new manager asap and build for the next World Cup, we have 3 years for a new manager to come in and implement his ways.

The majority of our squad is young and will feature at the next world cup, should we get there, but there are some players that need to retire immediately and allow the new players come in and gel and play with each other as much as possible.

PLayers that need to retire:

Dejagah (arguably our best player this tournament but he wont be good enough in 3 years time so no need for him to feature in the next year or so)
    Shojaei (his days are over)
    Hajsafi (dont need him at left back and centre mid he isn good enough and certainly wont be in 3 years time)
    Ebrahimi (wont be able to perform like he done in the last 2 tournaments in 3 years time)
    Ansarifard
    Montazeri

We DESPERATELY need so find some centre midfielders, if the above retire (as they should), who do we actually have in centre mid who is actually decent?!? only Ezzatolahi comes to mind...

Thanks
    Man idk about you but I can’t even think of this right now. I wanted this Asian cup so badly, I don’t know if it’s ever meant to be

PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,119 Times in 1,812 Posts
    if we cant get a top A level european coach, we wont qualify for wc.

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,445 Times in 864 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ehsan singapore View Post
    if we cant get a top A level european coach, we wont qualify for wc.
    Problem solved.

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Carlos Quriouz time is over! But don't be sad maybe he would return after World Cup 2022.

We had to choice a better coach. I still believe that it was better for us that Carlos Quriouz would stay until World Cup 2022 he's 3th World Cup would meany a real second round into the World Cup

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shahabGAOL View Post
    Carlos Quriouz time is over! But don't be sad maybe he would return after World Cup 2022.
    We had to choice a better coach. I still believe that it was better for us that Carlos Quriouz would stay until World Cup 2022 he's 3th World Cup would meany a real second round into the World Cup
    If ONLY he stayed! I can't believe they messed this up so bad, and he wanted to stay!

If Carlos Queiroz stayed, I would have been SUPER confident in us going to the round of 16 in 2022, as long as we didn't get the group of death!

I bet if we made round of 16 with CQ, a ton of people would be saying "well he had 12 years with the team, and he finally got us to round of 16. Other coaches could have done that" - lol

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,226 Times in 1,998 Posts
    Iran need some veteran's presence, you can't get rid of all of them at the same time, Shojaei, Montazeri and at some extend Dejagah are done but Ebrahimi, Ansarifard, Hajsafi can still be around for few years. Won't be surprised to see Hajasafi make 2022 squad, he will be 32.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Iran_19 For This Useful Post:

Sly

+ Reply to Thread

Members who have read this thread : 103

You do not have permission to view the list of names.