Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is there even any legs in this whole rumor ..?

or is it as before some bs iranian news source writing a presumptuous piece and euro sources quoting it and run with it..??

Comment

Marc Wilmots for TM!

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
        Bring in Nekounam.
        That's the plan for after Wilmots.

Pay a crap European coach big money and fire him a few months after. Hire a domestic coach and save money.

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
          he'd be fine by me only
          if he can handle (our primary football problem which is )the Bold above with half as much diplomatic mastery and efficiency of CQ..! but from what ive been reading so far, he comes across as a hapless, Yes-man with a proven by en large failure record to boot..!!?

http://www.espn.com/soccer/ivory-coa...e-cote-divoire

https://www.football-italia.net/8632...olan-has-smoke
          You're right. That doesn't look good! At least not CQ's style! but let's see what happens. For all we know this news is not even confirmed by IFF yet.

Comment

We need to ask ourselves, realistically. If Queiroz were given 4 more years. How likely would it be for us to advance to the knockout stages? If we did advance to the knockout stages, how far would be make it? Quarter finals? Semi? Final? Win the whole cup?

Comment

Originally posted by mangekyou View Post
              We need to ask ourselves, realistically. If Queiroz were given 4 more years. How likely would it be for us to advance to the knockout stages? If we did advance to the knockout stages, how far would be make it? Quarter finals? Semi? Final? Win the whole cup?
              Well, no one can predict the future, but we can make an educated guess based on the historical data while CQ was in charge:

1) Our FIFA ranking had a positive slope (improving)
              2) We made back to back WCs (first time ever)
              3) We secured 4 points in the WC group stage (most ever)

So yea, if you follow these trends, we were on track to improve on all these areas if CQ remained.

Comment

Well we are certainly in the rutter. The only thing I can hope for is a coach that'll accept that and try to drill the team into more attacking fluidity and have that be the main focus rather than defensive organization.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                  Well, no one can predict the future, but we can make an educated guess based on the historical data while CQ was in charge:
                  1) Our FIFA ranking had a positive slope (improving)
                  2) We made back to back WCs (first time ever)
                  3) We secured 4 points in the WC group stage (most ever)
                  So yea, if you follow these trends, we were on track to improve on all these areas if CQ remained.
                  After following CQ work with TM the past 8 years i can say that i dont Think we would advance from the WC goup stage with him as a coach. He prefered defensive style of football. With this tactics you dont win many games... CQ did well still, considering what he had to deal with and also considering the fact that we faced teams that are World class and on paper impossible for Iran to win against (Argentina, Spain, Portugal). But as i said, with his defense style of football we would never reach anything more than we allready did, which by the way was very good. Also rememer our win against Marocco was pure luck. I dont see any problem in changeing the coach, i mean he had 8 years on him self… Whats sad is that no native Iranian coach learned anything from him.

Comment

Wilmots to travel in Tehran : https://www.dhnet.be/sports/football...50a60294d7e49d

Renard will leave Morroco after AFCON 2019 according to lequipe : https://www.medias24.com/herve-renar...iran-2172.html

Comment

what a horrible hire...his record should already be enough...i guess when no one wants to live and work in iran this is what you get...

Comment

My biggest question mark on this guy is the following:

How can we trust his expertise to push us forward given he has been away from the football scene since November 2017? What could possibly be the rationale here?

Comment

Originally posted by subripper View Post
                          My biggest question mark on this guy is the following:

How can we trust his expertise to push us forward given he has been away from the football scene since November 2017? What could possibly be the rationale here?
                          It honestly comes down to no one wanting to come to Iran man.

Since Marc has something to prove, this may be a win win situation if all parties put in 100%....or in Iran's FF case 25% lol....

Comment

Originally posted by MR.ESTESNAII View Post
                            what a horrible hire...his record should already be enough...i guess when no one wants to live and work in iran this is what you get...
                            Honestly even if Mourinho end up coaching TM, people will complain.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                              Honestly even if Mourinho end up coaching TM, people will complain.
                              Even the biggest of coaches aren’t guaranteed not to flop! Iran maybe Wilmots catalyst, so let’s wait until he plays actual matches before we evaluate...

Comment

Originally posted by arvin_guzoo View Post
                                It honestly comes down to no one wanting to come to Iran man.
                                Since Marc has something to prove, this may be a win win situation if all parties put in 100%....or in Iran's FF case 25% lol....
                                That's fair.. I just quickly looked up his win rates against CQ and Branko just to get an idea. His competitive Win Rate is rather decent (~67%) but his friendly Win Rate is rather bad (~45%). He has also coached for a much less time and I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Only thing I am worried about is his long absence from football.

Comment

Working...
                                X