Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

khob better late than never..!! excited to see how this guy pans out for us..!!?
    soooo relieved they didnt just pass the dutchie left hand side to some domestic coaching clown and put our football program on that good-ol destructive, merry-go-round...!

he could pass for Taj's brother from another mother on these pics..!! interesting how quickly he adapted himself to the sloppy kotshalvar wearing antics of the local homeboys..!!

wondered earlier how Hashemian wasnt even in the picture for TM-Omid coaching .....now i see why..!! i suppose he is lucky to get this impressive appointment to finally kickstart his hands on aspect of his coaching career ..!
    as a TM player, Vahid had a bit of an onogh personality which i wasnt very fond of, yet his do-gooder/combative personality could come as a very welcoming addition to his new position, especially during the times when (IFF/scandalous football media/political IR cronies) would over-reach their boundaries and meddle in our TM technical affairs..!!
    i'd trust that IFF/Sports Ministry had learned from their contractual mistakes with CQ and they've put all kinds of new clauses in Wilmot's contract to limit his influence on all Non-football Specific matters....!! so its good to have a no nonsense guy in mold of Vahid there to step up when TM staff need to have such grievances heard..!!

Best wishes and Best of luck to our aghaye VEEL--MOTE ..!
    needless to say that he has gotten a huge shoes to fill and he is taking our football program while at its near continental peak and with everything looking good at least on paper..!! lets see if he can add a bit of attacking flavor to TM's style of play without having us leaking goals left n right and completely destroying our currently very impressive Defensive Might...!??

Comment

Next crisis: clothing sponsor

Comment

He was speaking french during his press conference, doubt if he is fluent in English.

Comment

We owe Taj a big thank you for everything he's done in his time as IFF president, this man is yet to let us down
          Team Meli Iran
          Perspolis FC
          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
            Interesting article. According to this after he got on stage and Taj started the meeting with his own remarks, Wilmots was looking at the faces of the reporters one by one trying to make a connection and then he started his remarks with 'Salam Aleykom' that changed the mood (in a positive way). He said he has read books and watched videos about Iran. https://varzesh3.com/news/1614517/%D...8C%DA%A9%DB%8C
            I likes him already.

Sure better then than the one he replaced in terms of public relations.

Comment

I have a good feeling about this. I hope he will succeed and shut all of his critics up.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                We owe Taj a big thank you for everything he's done in his time as IFF president, this man is yet to let us down
                Not really
                This appointment is by all means a demotion in terms of overall coaching quality to Carlos ..!& polar opposite to CQ he is taking control of TM @ it’s best overall shape in decades ..!
                Taj clearly failed to withstand the political interference from Ir goon in SM & beyond & ended up pretty much paying same sorta figures for a coach with half of CQ pedigree..!
                Originally posted by beri486 View Post
                I likes him already.
                Sure better then than the one he replaced in terms of public relations.
                hanooz shab kheyli deraazeh..!

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                  Not really
                  This appointment is by all means a demotion in terms of overall coaching quality to Carlos ..!& polar opposite to CQ he is taking control of TM @ it’s best overall shape in decades ..!
                  Taj clearly failed to withstand the political interference from Ir goon in SM & beyond & ended up pretty much paying same sorta figures for a coach with half of CQ pedigree..!
                  I beg to differ - when our country's situation is at an all time low in every aspect (aside football talent), this signing was much better than some goozo like QN or some other unqualified coach to take over TM. if you actually expected to go for a coach who was on CQs level or better you need to adjust your expectations - CQ was a once in a lifetime opportunity for a TM fan and there was no shot we were going to get someone with that pedigree.

Also, extremely unfair remarks on Taj....he fought off all those goons who were trying to get rid of CQ for 4-5 years!!!! hes worked hard and tirelessly for the good of our football from day 1 and has done a FANTASTIC job at it. damesh shadidan garm! you really think kaffashian or some clown like that would have managed to keep CQ in Iran for 8 years?!
                  Team Meli Iran
                  Perspolis FC
                  Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

I beg to differ - when our country's situation is at an all time low in every aspect (aside football talent), this signing was much better than some goozo like QN or some other unqualified coach to take over TM. if you actually expected to go for a coach who was on CQs level or better you need to adjust your expectations - CQ was a once in a lifetime opportunity for a TM fan and there was no shot we were going to get someone with that pedigree.

Also, extremely unfair remarks on Taj....he fought off all those goons who were trying to get rid of CQ for 4-5 years!!!! hes worked hard and tirelessly for the good of our football from day 1 and has done a FANTASTIC job at it. damesh shadidan garm! you really think kaffashian or some clown like that would have managed to keep CQ in Iran for 8 years?!
                    We didn’t have to waste 4-5 months of Precious time looking for an alternate to CQ, which as you admitted was clearly the best we coulda hoped to find ..! Carlos was willing & very much eager to continue his work with TM ..!
                    Say what you want about Kafashian & his stupid grin or demeanor but he was far superior diplomat to Taj ..!
                    Not only did he supervise & facilitate the hiring of Carlos @ a time when TM was in complete shambles & in the gutters, but more importantly he masterfully neutralized many more serious attempts from IR cronies in SM & their mafia Inorder to renew CQ’s contract multiple times & did a much better job of providing him with friendlies & other preparation requests of him.
                    Proof is in the pudding .., Taj simply failed to do the same the first time that a serious challenge to CQ’s tenor was presented in the run up & during the AC 18 ..!

Comment

We didn’t have to waste 4-5 months of Precious time looking for an alternate to CQ, which as you admitted was clearly the best we coulda hoped to find ..! Carlos was willing & very much eager to continue his work with TM ..!
                      Say what you want about Kafashian & his stupid grin or demeanor but he was far superior diplomat to Taj ..!
                      Not only did he supervise & facilitate the hiring of Carlos @ a time when TM was in complete shambles & in the gutters, but more importantly he masterfully neutralized many more serious attempts from IR cronies in SM & their mafia Inorder to renew CQ’s contract multiple times & did a much better job of providing him with friendlies & other preparation requests of him.
                      Proof is in the pudding .., Taj simply failed to do the same the first time that a serious challenge to CQ’s tenor was presented in the run up & during the AC 18 ..!
                      what would have happened in that 4-5 months? nothing important is coming up for TM in years! I would rather IFF take their time going down a list and negotiating with their top choices (as they seemingly did) and wind up with the best they can get instead of putting a non sense timeline on appointing a coach and winding up with a vatani coach.

we'll just have to agree to disagree as we see the story with a different lense. IMO Kaffashian didn't have to deal with a fraction of the pressure & drama that Taj did and also as a fact check, Taj was the one who came out publicly stating after AC 2011 that he is willing to spend big $ on TMs next coach and wants it to be a foreigner, not Kaffashian! also torabian was a huge part of that too - was definitely not kaffashian alone who brought him over.
                      Team Meli Iran
                      Perspolis FC
                      Malavan Bandar Anzali

Comment

Time will tell if Wilmots has improved as a coach but one thing I definitely like Taj did was bringing in Hashemian...with mahdavikia building our youth and hashemian getting more coaching experience we have a much better domestic choices for TM then Mayeli goh an or goh Lenoi

Comment

what would have happened in that 4-5 months? nothing important is coming up for TM in years! I would rather IFF take their time going down a list and negotiating with their top choices (as they seemingly did) and wind up with the best they can get instead of putting a non sense timeline on appointing a coach and winding up with a vatani coach.

we'll just have to agree to disagree as we see the story with a different lense. IMO Kaffashian didn't have to deal with a fraction of the pressure & drama that Taj did and also as a fact check, Taj was the one who came out publicly stating after AC 2011 that he is willing to spend big $ on TMs next coach and wants it to be a foreigner, not Kaffashian! also torabian was a huge part of that too - was definitely not kaffashian alone who brought him over.
                          I too prefer Wilmot to the likes of GN or brangoh & our other domestic armature coaches ..!
                          But Wilmots coaching resume and pedigree simply isn’t on par with that of CQ’s, much less being superior ..! & the chances of continued overall success & ease of qualifying to the next WC for TM was far more a Sure thing, had Taj had the orzeh to sidestep pressures from the SM to keep Carlos on the job (as Taj himself originally wanted to as well)..!
                          My disagreement is essentially with the Bold ..! You either have either selective or just a short term memory ..!?? Kafaash faced far more intense & frequent political pressures to fire CQ or not to renew his contract ..!
                          I don’t remember the name of that major asshole ex Sport Ministry head who had it bad for CQ for quiet a long while ..!?? & his crony Asadi whom CQ swiftly put in his place ..! Not to mention the numerous domestic coaching assholes & off course who could forget ex goozoo president of the country Ahmaghinejaad & his intense efforts to meddle in IFF/Kafashian’s election which even prompted the FIFA to almost ban our football all together..!
                          I agree that Torabian played a vital part in the personal negotiations that brought CQ initially to Iran but he was working for & operating all along under the guidance & leadership of Kafaashians IFF ..!

Anyways, As far as I’m concerned I’ve already made my point so I’m not gonna repeat myself again like some bikar folks do with 50 different posts
                          IMO
                          A good measure of Taj’s capability going forward will be his ability to diffuse further Hashieh which is Sure to come & allow this new guy Wilmot a fair chance to do his job before he is pressured once again by a bunch of impatient no nothings to fire him as well ..!

Comment

The guy has quite an attacking style. He's been a forward (attacking midfielder) himself. Hashemian has been a striker and his other assistant, Ferrera has been a forward too! Che shavaaaad!!!!

By the way, I don't know how Hashemian's knowledge of the German language is a benefit for him to join his staff, as he's said. He speaks French (or does he speak German too?)!

Comment

Kafashian brought CQ only after 2 failed attempts (one wasn't clearly enough) with Daei and Ghotbi. and I think after all the failures and stubbornness, his last life line was to bring a good foreign coach or else he'd been gone. He brought CQ while he was under major pressure from the media and everyone else. I haven't seen a more incapable, stubborn and simply disastrous IFF boss than him. CQ had major major problems during his reign with smallest issues, like player visas and jersyes too.

Taj on the other hand, fixed everything that Kafashian wasn't capable of doing. CQ didn't have basic problems anymore. He complied with all CQ's requests. From building super modern training camps to TM's own bus, airplane, much better organisation, relatively good WC preparations and friendlies, etc. etc. TM was so much less in hashiyeh during Taj's era. and on the contrary to Kafashian, he actually delivered everything he openly promised. The very first time after the revolution when TM had actually had relatively good friendlies and preparation before the WC, was during Taj's era.

Not renewing CQ's contract was a decision that clearly came from way above and nobody could do anything to prevent it.

We really need to be thankful and appreciate that Taj, out of all the bunch, is the head of IFF. When he's gone, we can get back to being in the chaos we were in before.

Comment

I agree, I've been extremely impressed with Taj so far. Much better than anyone else in my memory!

Comment

Working...
                                X