This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sarbaze-Vatan View Post
    Come on. Did not you know that CQ is not popular among Portuguese fans? Did not you know that Portugueses see him as a terrible head coach? Do you know how happy Portuguese were when their federation sacked him?

When X Portuguese fan said It is generously shocking that Colombia signed him, what does that tell you? When X Portugal fan says to X Iran fan that "You You've just elaborated on the same exact point about Quieroz made above by SCP_16. We already knew what he was like before he went to Iran!", what does that tell you?

I have no time to search for all BigSoccer links where Portuguese said CQ can never be a successful head coach for any team in the world. However here is one:

http://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/wc-...#post-36748296

Here is another one where It was asked from Portuguese fans by X Iranian fan who was the Best Portugal manager since WC 1998 and who was their worst? Everyone said CQ was the worst Portugal manager by miles.

http://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/roa...#post-36322452

In AC 2019, he had every advantage compare to other title contenders such as easier opponents before semi-final, more time with team compare to any other coach, less injury, geographical advantage, etc. but again he failed and proved that he can never be a very successful coach for any senior team in the world. So he was not successful with any team as a head coach at least 10 years before he came to Iran.
    Your first link states the opinion of someone by the name of Iranian monitor regarding CQ. I can't tell the nationality of the person in the 2nd link but assuming he is Portuguese that makes 2 Portuguese people. Does anyone know what Portugal's population is?
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
      Your first link states the opinion of someone by the name of Iranian monitor regarding CQ. I can't tell the nationality of the person in the 2nd link but assuming he is Portuguese that makes 2 Portuguese people. Does anyone know what Portugal's population is?
      Did you look at these two links carefully? If you followed football in last decade, It tells you that what Portuguese fans think about CQ. I cannot bring the opinion of whole Portugal population on CQ for you here. IMO if you give Japan to CQ for 20 years, he will not reach AC final or R16 of WC. Anyway It seems that you are one of the CQ's worshipers and nothing can be done regard that. So It is pointless if we continue discussion regard this. Good luck.

Comment

Did you look at these two links carefully? If you followed football in last decade, It tells you that what Portuguese fans think about CQ. I cannot bring the opinion of whole Portugal population on CQ for you here. IMO if you give Japan to CQ for 20 years, he will not reach AC final or R16 of WC. Anyway It seems that you are one of the CQ's worshipers and nothing can be done regard that. So It is pointless if we continue discussion regard this. Good luck.
        Your claim was that Portuguese consider him a horrible head coach and for that you provided a link as source. I'm just pointing out how your link didn't support your claim other than for the one person who posted what you claimed in that link.
        I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Come on. Did not you know that CQ is not popular among Portuguese fans? Did not you know that Portugueses see him as a terrible head coach? Do you know how happy Portuguese were when their federation sacked him?

When X Portuguese fan said It is generously shocking that Colombia signed him, what does that tell you? When X Portugal fan says to X Iran fan that "You You've just elaborated on the same exact point about Quieroz made above by SCP_16. We already knew what he was like before he went to Iran!", what does that tell you?

I have no time to search for all BigSoccer links where Portuguese said CQ can never be a successful head coach for any team in the world. However here is one:

http://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/wc-...#post-36748296

Here is another one where It was asked from Portuguese fans by X Iranian fan who was the Best Portugal manager since WC 1998 and who was their worst? Everyone said CQ was the worst Portugal manager by miles.

http://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/roa...#post-36322452

In AC 2019, he had every advantage compare to other title contenders such as easier opponents before semi-final, more time with team compare to any other coach, less injury, geographical advantage, etc. but again he failed and proved that he can never be a very successful coach for any senior team in the world. So he was not successful with any team as a head coach at least 10 years before he came to Iran.
          Then How come we havent won the asian cup in 40 years?
          WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

I was one of the biggest Queiroz fans. I loved to see the guy in charge of our country. He is charismatic and passionate about Iran. Theres something about him that just makes you like him. I was devastated when I found out he wont continue as our coach. But I have to admit, when you look at it from a neutral POV. He was nothing more than mediocre.

No matter how much we love him. The fact is that CQs biggest achievement after 8 years in charge was reaching the semifinals of Asian Cup. Is it really an honorable achievement? Is it worth anything? Do you feel proud? Come on... Or are we supposed to brag about losing to Spain with only 1 goal down? Or brag about ALMOST winning over Portugal? The fact is, we didn't win ANYTHING. So it doesn't really matter. What can be worse than not winning anything? I guess not qualifying to WC or AC is worse, but it doesn't take a CQ to qualify us to WC and AC. It's more likely that this coach will do better than CQ.

Comment

CQ was South Africa head coach only for last 5 qualifier games where South Africa was in the weakest possible qualifier group Zimbabwe, Burkina Faso, Malawi, and Guinea. Despite qualifying to the WC 2002 where he got the weakest possible qualifying group, their performance/results were not convincing. He was replaced by another coach before the WC due to the problems he had with their federation, etc. I do not know how you can say his performance as South Africa head coach was phenomenal where he did not get any big challenge with them.

When CQ coached Portugal, they were drawn with Denmark, Sweden, Hungary, Albania, and Malta in the WCQs. He barely could finish second in the group where he was fortunate the result of Denmark vs Sweden match turned to his favor otherwise Portugal would not have finished even second in the group. Plus he failed to win single game out of 4 games against their toughest opponents in the group Denmark and Sweden. In the WC, he failed to win any game other than the game against Weakest WC team North Korea. Not only that, Portugal failed to score single goal in all matches other than North Korea game.

If I were IFF president, I would have picked someone like Slaven Bilic or Michael Laudrup over Marc Wilmots but I am happy with Marc Wilmots at the moment and wish him the best of luck. In WCQs 2014, Wilmots got 26 points out of 30, got 4 points against their toughest opponent Croatia, 6 points against both Serbia and Scotland. Wilmots reached top 8 at the WC 2014 by getting full 9 points in the group stage of the WC, beating USA in the second round, and losing 1-0 to the runner up Argentina where they created numerous goal scoring opportunities. On the other hand, CQ failed to win single game against any decent opponent with Portugal.

So stop it and accept that CQ was not a successful head coach for any team at least 10 years before he came to Iran. In Asian Cup 2019, he had every advantage compare to other title contenders like easier opponents before semi-final, more time with team compare to other Asian Cup coaches, geographical advantage, less injuries, etc. but again he failed. Our team hardly could make more than three correct passes when he was our head coach. So CQ did not have a better resume than Marc Wilmots as head coach before he came to Iran.
              Back to back WC qualification

beat Morocco
              tied Portugal
              close game with Spain
              eliminated corruption and unprofessionalism in TM

4 outcomes that NO ONE expected to see.

that is success.
              “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by OFFSIDE_1 View Post

beat Morocco
                tied Portugal
                close game with Spain

that is success.
                1. CQ was extremely fortunate that we were not in group B of the final round WCQs 2018. If we were, Japan and Saudi Arabia would have qualified and we would have been in the play off against Syria instead of Australia. In the final round of WCQs 2018, we were in much weaker group. If Ali Daei who IMO was the worst national team head coach along with Afshin Ghotbi was fortunate like CQ to get Uzbekistan instead of Saudi Arabia, he would not have been fired. In fact he would have qualified us most likely.

2. Does not matter. In terms of achievement, we achieved nothing. We failed to reach R16 of the WC and failed to reach the final of Asian Cup.

Comment

Originally posted by mangekyou View Post
                  I was one of the biggest Queiroz fans. I loved to see the guy in charge of our country. He is charismatic and passionate about Iran. Theres something about him that just makes you like him. I was devastated when I found out he wont continue as our coach. But I have to admit, when you look at it from a neutral POV. He was nothing more than mediocre.

No matter how much we love him. The fact is that CQs biggest achievement after 8 years in charge was reaching the semifinals of Asian Cup. Is it really an honorable achievement? Is it worth anything? Do you feel proud? Come on... Or are we supposed to brag about losing to Spain with only 1 goal down? Or brag about ALMOST winning over Portugal? The fact is, we didn't win ANYTHING. So it doesn't really matter. What can be worse than not winning anything? I guess not qualifying to WC or AC is worse, but it doesn't take a CQ to qualify us to WC and AC. It's more likely that this coach will do better than CQ.
                  In the following link, one of the Portuguese fans said the same thing before WC 2018. He said "Queiroz face screams mediocrity, I'm so glad we canned him quickly".

http://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/wc-...#post-36579529

Portuguese fans believe that he cannot be successful as a head coach for any team in the world. They see him as a terrible coach.

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
                    Then How come we havent won the asian cup in 40 years?
                    This does not change the fact that CQ is nothing more then a mediocre coach at the best. He had 2 chances to reach the final of Asian Cup but failed both with players such as Nekounam, Teymourian, Dejagah, Shojaei, Azmoun, Jahanbakhsh, Ghoochannejhad, Ghoddos, etc.

Unlike previous editions of Asian Cup, he had every advantage compare to other title contenders such as easier opponents before semi-final, more time with team compare to any other coach, less injury, geographical advantage, etc. but again he failed and proved that he can never be a very successful coach for any senior team in the world. So he was not successful with any team as a head coach at least 10 years before he came to Iran.

Comment

Easy to pick on CQ and make it his fault for not winning the AC. What about the federations lack of support? What about all the sanctions Iran got and cant even set up decent friendlies? Before blameing the coach look at the whole Picture...

Comment

Originally posted by OFFSIDE_1 View Post

beat Morocco
                        tied Portugal
                        close game with Spain

that is success.
                        Back to back WC qualifications should be a minimum requirement. Not something to brag about.
                        Eliminated corruption? There is still corruption in our federation and unprofessionalism in TM. Nothing is eliminated.

So after 8 years, his greatest achievement was Morocco scoring an own goal in stoppage time, a tie and an almost tie.

This is success?

Comment

Originally posted by Golefarsi View Post
                          Easy to pick on CQ and make it his fault for not winning the AC. What about the federations lack of support? What about all the sanctions Iran got and cant even set up decent friendlies? Before blameing the coach look at the whole Picture...
                          He got 6 friendlies before the Asian Cup 2019. We played 6 friendlies against Venezuela, Bolivia, Trinidad and Tobago, Qatar, Uzbekistan, and Palestine. They trained in Aspire Academy, got charter flight, and decent kit. CQ is expert in making preemptive excuses incase of a failure.

I did not expect us win the Asian Cup 2019 but expected to finish at least second. We did not have to face any traditional power houses before semi-final and from there it was not unrealistic to ask for winning one game against one of the top Asian sides. Before AC 2004, I expected at least semi-final because we had to face Japan and Korea before reaching semi-final. CQ had every advantage this time to reach final such as easier opponents before semi-final, more time with team compare to any other coach, less injury, geographical advantage, etc. but again he failed and proved that he can never be a very successful coach for any senior team in the world.

Comment

none of his results in 7 years stand out among asian teams. 2015 AC: uae and iraq finished ahead of us. 2018 WC: saudi and korea got 3rd in their group like us and japan got 2nd. 2019: AC uae went to semi finals like us and qatar were champions. at no point during his tenure were we the best team in asia. just occasionally on that zahremari coke rankings.

Comment

Am getting tired of this complete lack of appreciation for someone who contributed so much to our football and gave us something to be proud of for the first time in such a long while. Sure, he wasn't perfect in many ways, but the complete paradigm shift in our football's infrastructure was something which was unforseeable and amazing.

I get that you guys (the 5-6 of you who are "akheh Team melllieh maneeeeeeeeeeeeeeh" ) have other affiliations and that's absolutely fine.

I just wish you could leave the rest of us who have only one and only one affiliation (Team Melli and only that) alone...

His time with us is over, and it's just sad that you people are like this. Best of luck to Wilmots and his team, I only hope for the best for our TM.

Comment

Originally posted by mangekyou View Post
                                Back to back WC qualifications should be a minimum requirement. Not something to brag about.
                                Eliminated corruption? There is still corruption in our federation and unprofessionalism in TM. Nothing is eliminated.

So after 8 years, his greatest achievement was Morocco scoring an own goal in stoppage time, a tie and an almost tie.

This is success?
                                Yes, it is success compared to what we HAD! It’s all relative to before CQ. No one (including CQ) can magically change TM to a WC and AFC champion. It takes hard work, preparation, and building on incremental successes. Something that only CQ has done in recent TM memory.

Comment

Working...
                                X