X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
    ha ha ha
    remember that pic of CQ dozing off while watching PGL games..!!
    What picture? Do you have it?

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
      What picture? Do you have it?
      no, but i remember the usual lot were giving him shitt for it..! its more of a video freez-frame but its obvious he couldnt bear the excitement..!

Comment

Can you guys name one team that CQ was successful with it as a head coach at least 10 years before he came to Iran? Not saying Marc Wilmots is the best coach in the world but the performance of Marc Wilmots with Belgium NT was a lot better than performance CQ had with Portugal as head coach. Marc Wilmots qualified Belgium to the WC 2014 with 8 wins and 2 draws in qualifiers. In WC 2014, he reached top 8 where he lost 1-0 to the runner up Argentina.

When CQ became Colombia national team coach, even Portuguese were shocked. When Colombians asked them the reasons they said because he is a terrible coach and has no business to coach a team with talent like Colombia. http://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/por...1943491/page-7

Comment

Originally posted by Sarbaze-Vatan View Post
          Can you guys name one team that CQ was successful with it as a head coach at least 10 years before he came to Iran? Not saying Marc Wilmots is the best coach in the world but the performance of Marc Wilmots with Belgium NT was a lot better than performance CQ had with Portugal as head coach. Marc Wilmots qualified Belgium to the WC 2014 with 8 wins and 2 draws in qualifiers. In WC 2014, he reached top 8 where he lost 1-0 to the runner up Argentina.

When CQ became Colombia national team coach, even Portuguese were shocked. When Colombians asked them the reasons they said because he is a terrible coach and has no business to coach a team with talent like Colombia. http://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/por...1943491/page-7
          Compare Belgium's golden generation of footballers, all at peak age, with a piss-poor South Africa team which had no business being in WC 2002. What he did with them was phenomenal, their team had gone in a downward spiral since 1998

That was what attracted Man United and his two stints there, for the second of which he became the de facto manager for a fair time.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Latest from Varzesh3 https://varzesh3.com/news/1614145/%D...B1%D8%A7%D9%86 Wilmots will be in Tehran tomorrow night (Tuesday May 28) to make his contract official. There will be a news conference and he will start his work (I assume they mean Wednesday May 29).

Comment

One person by the name of SCP_16 on a discussion board has said that.
              I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

These are some of the differences between Charlatan CQ and Doctor Branko Ivankovic.

For me the national team is number one and Perspolis is next. I am glad that we got rid of trickster CQ.
                Dude, as per pretty much every post in your history, you are happy we got rid of "trickster CQ".

Now if you keep bringing him up, in quite surreal ways, then clearly you aren't as happy as you suggest.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                  Compare Belgium's golden generation of footballers, all at peak age, with a piss-poor South Africa team which had no business being in WC 2002.

What he did with them was phenomenal, their team had gone in a downward spiral since 1998

That was what attracted Man United and his two stints there, for the second of which he became the de facto manager for a fair time.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
                  CQ was South Africa head coach only for last 5 qualifier games where South Africa was in the weakest possible qualifier group Zimbabwe, Burkina Faso, Malawi, and Guinea. Despite qualifying to the WC 2002 where he got the weakest possible qualifying group, their performance/results were not convincing. He was replaced by another coach before the WC due to the problems he had with their federation, etc. I do not know how you can say his performance as South Africa head coach was phenomenal where he did not get any big challenge with them.

When CQ coached Portugal, they were drawn with Denmark, Sweden, Hungary, Albania, and Malta in the WCQs. He barely could finish second in the group where he was fortunate the result of Denmark vs Sweden match turned to his favor otherwise Portugal would not have finished even second in the group. Plus he failed to win single game out of 4 games against their toughest opponents in the group Denmark and Sweden. In the WC, he failed to win any game other than the game against Weakest WC team North Korea. Not only that, Portugal failed to score single goal in all matches other than North Korea game.

If I were IFF president, I would have picked someone like Slaven Bilic or Michael Laudrup over Marc Wilmots but I am happy with Marc Wilmots at the moment and wish him the best of luck. In WCQs 2014, Wilmots got 26 points out of 30, got 4 points against their toughest opponent Croatia, 6 points against both Serbia and Scotland. Wilmots reached top 8 at the WC 2014 by getting full 9 points in the group stage of the WC, beating USA in the second round, and losing 1-0 to the runner up Argentina where they created numerous goal scoring opportunities. On the other hand, CQ failed to win single game against any decent opponent with Portugal.

So stop it and accept that CQ was not a successful head coach for any team at least 10 years before he came to Iran. In Asian Cup 2019, he had every advantage compare to other title contenders like easier opponents before semi-final, more time with team compare to other Asian Cup coaches, geographical advantage, less injuries, etc. but again he failed. Our team hardly could make more than three correct passes when he was our head coach. So CQ did not have a better resume than Marc Wilmots as head coach before he came to Iran.

Comment

When is our next game?

any Idea if we are going to have a camp soon?

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                      One person by the name of SCP_16 on a discussion board has said that.
                      Not only SCP_16, majority Portuguese fans believe that he is a terrible head coach.

Comment

Originally posted by rdwrrr View Post
                        When is our next game?

any Idea if we are going to have a camp soon?
                        June 6, 2019 - Friendly vs Syria at Azadi in Tehran
                        June 11, 2019 - Friendly vs South Korea in South Korea

Wimots is supposed to announce the list later this week assuming he will arrive in Tehran tomorrow night and he will sign.

Comment

Not only SCP_16, majority Portuguese fans believe that he is a terrible head coach.
                          Can you show me the other ones? In the link that you provided as a source I only saw SCP_16 saying that.
                          I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Let,s Forget CQ for now and support our new TM coach.

We ahve 2 good friendlies coming up and we will see how our team will react to his new changes and strategy.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                              Can you show me the other ones? In the link that you provided as a source I only saw SCP_16 saying that.
                              Come on. Did not you know that CQ is not popular among Portuguese fans? Did not you know that Portugueses see him as a terrible head coach? Do you know how happy Portuguese were when their federation sacked him?

When X Portuguese fan said It is generously shocking that Colombia signed him, what does that tell you? When X Portugal fan says to X Iran fan that "You You've just elaborated on the same exact point about Quieroz made above by SCP_16. We already knew what he was like before he went to Iran!", what does that tell you?

I have no time to search for all BigSoccer links where Portuguese said CQ can never be a successful head coach for any team in the world. However here is one:

http://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/wc-...#post-36748296

Here is another one where It was asked from Portuguese fans by X Iranian fan who was the Best Portugal manager since WC 1998 and who was their worst? Everyone said CQ was the worst Portugal manager by miles.

http://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/roa...#post-36322452

In AC 2019, he had every advantage compare to other title contenders such as easier opponents before semi-final, more time with team compare to any other coach, less injury, geographical advantage, etc. but again he failed and proved that he can never be a very successful coach for any senior team in the world. So he was not successful with any team as a head coach at least 10 years before he came to Iran.

Comment

I hope you read the following in the last page of this thread which proves CQ is not what you think:

When CQ coached Portugal, they were drawn with Denmark, Sweden, Hungary, Albania, and Malta in the WCQs. He barely could finish second in the group where he was fortunate the result of Denmark vs Sweden match turned to his favor otherwise Portugal would not have finished even second in the group. Plus he failed to win single game out of 4 games against their toughest opponents in the group Denmark and Sweden. In the WC, he failed to win any game other than the game against Weakest WC team North Korea. Not only that, Portugal failed to score single goal in all matches other than North Korea game.

On the other hand, Wilmots got 26 points out of 30 in WCQs 2014 with Belgium national team, got 4 points against their toughest opponent Croatia, 6 points against both Serbia and Scotland. Wilmots reached top 8 at the WC 2014 by getting full 9 points in the group stage of the WC, beating USA in the second round, and losing 1-0 to the runner up Argentina where they created numerous goal scoring opportunities. On the other hand, CQ failed to win single game against any decent opponent with Portugal. The performance of Marc Wilmots with Belgium was clearly better than Performance CQ had with Portugal. So CQ did not have any better resume than Marc Wilmots as a head coach before he came to Iran.

Comment

Working...
                                X