This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
    ^ The contract is yet to be signed otherwise we would have seen an official announcement on the IFF website and Taj would have said it in his interview earlier today.
    I immensely respect your posts and comments as you come off as very rational dealing with mainly facts rather than hearsay.

In this particular instance, I will rely on transfermarkt, who has Mr. Wilmots listed as the coach of Team Melli. For the overwhelming majority of time that I have observed, this website never follows Wiki (obviously because users can edit so not too reliable) or other football/soccer sites unless it's official. One example: I followed Mehrdad Mohammadi's progess and while Iranian sporting sites and Wiki were quick to point out that he had already signed with the Portuguese club Aves, Transfermarkt waited a few days after when Mehrdad had officially signed with the club. I'm confident in this case, Transfermarkt has it right again.

Comment

Originally posted by NYCTeamMelli View Post
      I immensely respect your posts and comments as you come off as very rational dealing with mainly facts rather than hearsay.

In this particular instance, I will rely on transfermarkt, who has Mr. Wilmots listed as the coach of Team Melli. For the overwhelming majority of time that I have observed, this website never follows Wiki (obviously because users can edit so not too reliable) or other football/soccer sites unless it's official. One example: I followed Mehrdad Mohammadi's progess and while Iranian sporting sites and Wiki were quick to point out that he had already signed with the Portuguese club Aves, Transfermarkt waited a few days after when Mehrdad had officially signed with the club. I'm confident in this case, Transfermarkt has it right again.
      I appreciate the acknowledgement. You have a valid point. I think the chance of this deal unravelling is small. Unfortunately, these are crazy times and with all the sanctions and provocations there is still a chance that it may fall through with money transfer mechanism being the main hurdle. That is why Taj has stayed away from making an official announcement.

Comment

Is there an introductory press conference or interview link?

Comment

As you know Taj is an Isfahani like me (I was born there but raised in the states since 8; father Abadani, mother from Ostaane Isfahan - shahr e Ardestan). Esfehoonis are very good at diplomacy (to me master diplomats) and they want to present formalities with concrete actions rather than jumping the gun with abstracts. I have read on a reputable site (forgot where) that Wilmots is scheduled to arrive in Tehran on Tuesday 5/28. Maybe Taj & the IFF gang want him to physically arrive this Tuesday to formally and officially announce his appointment in a press conference along with 2-3 of his assistants as TM manager. That's just my hunch but it could very well play out.
          Whereas I grew up in the states, where one can be direct and to the point, I always see this trait among my cousins' spouses who married real Isfahanis that have for generations lived in Isfahan. Me being a fake Isfahani (somewhat half Isfahani/Ardestooni) lack this art of diplomacy and prefer more direct interactions.
          Cheers.

Comment

Well here’s some unexpected news: LIPPI is the coach of China again! Now I think anything is possible for TM

Comment

Originally posted by STYX View Post
              Good news! I hope Marc Wilmots improves the offensive side of our boys, so as a former legendary forward player himself he should have another vision of game than what our players used to
              Wilmots favours a balanced-defensive style for his team, so I am hoping and expecting him to continue the current disciplined cohesive defensive unit which has looked so strong.

He has been found wanting tactically in certain games, am really hoping that he can get someone like Leekens just to bounce ideas off during the key matches.

The first big question is whether he can continue his predecessor's 5 game streak against South Korea.

Comment

i wonder how many more Tuesdays gonna go by before the official confirmation of this guy..?
                when is the next TM friendly again.?

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                  i wonder how many more Tuesdays gonna go by before the official confirmation of this guy..?
                  when is the next TM friendly again.?

June 6th and everyone’s announced their 23 man squads already too 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Comment

I have a feeling our two friendlies will be cancelled very soon.
                    "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

No Press conference nothing ?

Comment

https://twitter.com/PersianFutbol/st...89122780401664

Wilmots will attend Hazfi Cup Final!

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post

Cool, but it's not the final. It is actually the semi-final. Whoever wins will have have to face Damash in the final. Damash did a terrific job in getting this far, hopefully, they can win.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post

LOL hopefully, he won't get disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by Shayan_M View Post
                              LOL hopefully, he won't get disappointed.
                              ha ha ha
                              remember that pic of CQ dozing off while watching PGL games..!!

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                                ha ha ha
                                remember that pic of CQ dozing off while watching PGL games..!!
                                Well I guess that was because he drank too much doogh. U don't have much of a choice at the Azadi

Comment

Working...
                                X